Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Weird, I viewed it on my phone and I was able to watch it no problem. No idea why I wasn't able to on my PC. Cool video, though. Not sure if Chester was being sarcastic or not about Hit the Floor, but maybe he genuinely likes it now. It's absolutely a cringe worthy song, but I still love it. Hahaha.

2. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Surely someone has mentioned this, but I've never seen it. I wonder if the 3 unreleased LP songs about "she" have any connection. Like, if they have an affinity for writing in terms of a random "she" and it never makes it, or if it's about anyone in particular. I'm talking about She Couldn't, Across the Line, and Chance of Rain. I just think it's curious that there's 3 songs like that across albums that are all unreleased material.

3. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

What does ''tomorrow'' mean for the US time? It is already ''tomorrow night'' where I live and I'm trying to enter Meet and Greets contest for European shows.

4. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Watelands is actually a much more enjoyable song than I originally gave it credit for

5. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Unpopular opinion time: Wastelands is better than 99% of Hybrid Theory & Meteora.

The Joesen One, Sonic and Sasuke like this.
  6. Virgocore

Hmm... I think perhaps you're reading to far into it, but anything is a possibility. But you do raise an interesting point with that. Keep in mind also that there are probably hundreds of these ''completed'' songs that we don't even know exist. Chester recently said that the band writes anywhere from 80 to 150 songs generally for their main albums, so that's a lot of stuff, and obviously not all of those 80 to 150 songs are just seeds or whatever, I bet there are at least maybe 20 ''completed'' songs with each album that we don't even know about. Perhaps ''she'' was used more in lyrics for some of those, who knows.

No way... Haha. I respectfully disagree. I admit that Hybrid Theory and Meteora are absolutely 100% cringey for the most part, but I still think they have better stuff than Wastelands. I wasn't really a fan of The Hunting Party.

7. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Whoa

:halfkappa:

Captain-EO and Michele like this.
  8. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So OML also reached #1 in Top Rock Albums and Alternative Albums, which means all the albums released during the charts' inception have reached #1. They're not eligible for Hard Rock Albums for obvious reasons (I think you can guess which album reached #1 there haha).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...7537/linkin-park-papa-roach-rock-album-charts

9. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

The truth is hard to swallow :halfkappa:

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  10. KEYSTOMETEORA

KEYSTOMETEORA New Member

Can part 2 be posted as well? Also, is it me or is Chester not a fan of From the Inside? Like I've never ever heard it mentioned in interviews and also it was not in that play list he posted...

11. The Joesen One

So this week in Billboard charts:

Billboard 200 - #30
    Alternative Albums - #1 (2nd week)
    Top Rock Albums - #3

"Heavy"
    Hot 100 - #58
    Pop Songs - #26
    Adult Pop Songs - #11
    Rock Streaming Songs - #6
    Rock Digital Song Sales - #2
    Hot Rock Songs - #2

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  12. The Joesen One

New Mike interview. He mentioned that he might have been influenced by David Fincher/NIN while painting the Xero cover.

Also a 43 minute interview lol

minuteforce likes this.
  13. Virgocore

He has said From The Inside is one of his favorite songs to play live, actually. He said it during the Loveline episode he was on in 2006, and he has said it a few other times, too. Not sure if he still feels that way about the song, but he used to like it.

14. The Joesen One

15. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Who supporting linkin park in England??

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

One thing I forgot to mention the last time we all spoke about this thing: there've been male/female duets in pop music basically from the start, people. It's not a ~new trend~ that The Chainsmokers pioneered :rolleyes:

17. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

"Do some more Fort Minor shit"

I agree, but I hadn't really thought about it, would Mike even have an album's worth of material to write about for Fort Minor? He's probably not in the same mindset as he was over a decade ago. "Welcome" was basically "it just happened" which I took as it being a side project he'd delve back into whenever it felt right, but not neccesarily another album. More like songs that wouldn't fit under LP, but he still wants to be heard regardless.

He'd have to write something other than the "ain't no way to shake the ground I built before you came to be" and "I've been here killing it longer than you've been alive, you idiot" schtick he's been doing for a while. "The Rising Tied" may have not been anything special on a technical level lyrically, but I at least thought the subject matter was relatable and not many of Mike's verses with LP has scratched that itch.

Mike's also a solid producer and I'd like to hear more material from him outside of LP, whether it's Fort Minor or not.

18. minuteforce

I like the pre-chorus harmony part that Shinoda sings in the live version of "Taking To Myself" but it isn't there on the album

19. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Also Mike's harmonies on OML aren't on the album as well, WHY?? :cry:

Harmonies are life!

Avo likes this.
  20. minuteforce

What a bunch of sellouts

Sasuke likes this.