Linkin Park - "True to the Artist" Video Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, May 23, 2017.

1. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I don't wnat a 4 year break

2. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Me neither because I'm affaid they'll break up but if that means side projects, more different kind of music and eventually a great LP album then I'll be ok with it.

3. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Didn't he say Fort Minor is pretty much on hold indefinitely? Between that and the lyrics of Welcome pretty much being 3 minutes of whining about not being accepted as a "real rapper" I don't see why he'd suddenly start that back up now.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

After last time, Chester should just perform solo material on his own this time

Forfeit to Break likes this.
  5. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

All we need is a new Fort Minor record...

6. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

So basically Mike was. Like if the fans don't really like it, it's w.e they were just doing it for there creative hunger, that's good to know, so we can expect another 180 turn on the next album. Maybe industrial metal? Reggae? Latin dance? Jazz

7. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I really want the band to try experimental indie sound. Let's see what would be the responses.

8. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Chester has been doing his own shit for many years, since like 2002. He has done tons of guest spots, different bands, toured with different bands, etc. Even in recent years, he has done a shit ton of live guest spots, etc. I even saw him at one of the Kings Of Chaos shows that he did back in December. So what I'm saying is, don't worry about him leaving Linkin Park. I don't think he ever will, unless the band mutually decides to break up or get rid of him. I don't think he'd ever personally quit the band on his own, though. Especially since he seems to be EXTREMELY satisfied and happy with One More Light and the whole pop thing. I haven't seen him defend or talk about one of Linkin Park's albums as much as he has been in the band's entire career.

Wow, I thought I was literally the only person who loved Out Of Ashes by Dead By Sunrise. It's even in my top 5 albums of all time. Such an amazing album. The lyrics were amazing and the melodies were otherwordly for me. I'm also a huge fan of Amir Derakh and Julien-K. I even consider it to be better than any of Linkin Park's albums except for Minutes To Midnight. I once met Chester and he signed my Out Of Ashes booklet and I told him how much I loved the album, etc. and he was really cool about it, he talked to me for quite a bit about the album.

9. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I know exactly what you mean, however I'm on the opposite side. I really enjoy the contrast

I wish I'd done the same as you

10. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that I'm the only one among my friends and colleagues who listened to the whole album, not just liked it but actually heard of it. I liked it because it was different from the music LP makes, much darker and the sound is, let's say, stranger but lyrics suited the music. I've always liked when musicians incorporated their own feelings and personal stuff into their music and that's what we got on Out of Ashes. I could literary feel Chester's pain. My favourite song is Walking in Circles and whenerver I'm in the mood the song is perfect.

11. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I'm the only person that I know that loves the album, too. None of my friends would even know what it was, most likely. I found it to be much different than Linkin Park as well, despite a lot of people saying it sounded just like Linkin Park. Minutes to Midnight is the only album by Linkin Park that sounds even remotely like it, and even then, it doesn't really, at least IMO. Walking In Circles is also my favorite song from the album, it's amazing. I love the entire album, though. And I agree with you about being able to feel Chester's pain in some of the songs... you can tell it was very personal for him. He said in an interview once that it was hard for him to even record Let Down in the studio. Give Me Your Name, In The Darkness and Into You are all also songs that are very interesting, they're so good. The entire story of how the band came to be is pretty cool, too. Glad I found someone else who appreciates the album.

12. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I for one certainly hope that LP is not finished experimenting with sound, or even entering a previously unexplored soundscape.

The heavier music side of me would like to see them explore more of actual metal and its subgenres, not just straddle the line between hard rock and metal like they did in THP. The softer music side of me wouldn't mind seeing more electronic-oriented music from them, especially ambient/atmospheric. In other words, something similar to the many ambient Meteora LPU demos, but with a more updated sound.

Of course, LP can do whatever it wants, as any free-form artist has that right.