Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I guess he dont know LP "fans".

While i agree with him i know people shitting all the time about LP when the topic comes up.

2. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Needs more Kendrick tbh

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I think I'm more generous and open to LP's drastic changes in music because I hopped on the LP bandwagon and had my angsty LP phase with A Thousand Suns. A lot of my friends were fans during HT/Meteora when we were in grade school. I wonder how things would've been differently had I started in their nu metal days.

Captain-EO likes this.
  4. Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

I started listening to the band in HT era and stopped when MTM came out not just because I had hard time adjusting to the new, not so angsty sound and didn't understand the reason but also I stopped being interested in music altogether. It was hard for me to be so open to their new sound, I was an idiot actually.

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I started listening to LP in their nu-metal phase, HT was the first album I bought. yeah that 14 years ago, I fucking hate nu-metal now and I barely listen to HT/M anymore. I remember how I was listening to those album all the long on a CD player :lol:

Deliveranze likes this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I think I can still enjoy HT and M because I don't have any negative connotations with it. Even when I was 13, there were already songs I thought were corny (One Step Closer, Runaway, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong) but I didn't go through my "teen angst" phase yet. So, I can enjoy both records without applying my angsty 14/15 year old mindstate to them.(at that point, i fell out of LP and was listening to "edgier" stuff) I've never actually liked Hybrid Theory besides In The End and Forgotten but I have learned to appreciate some of the technical aspects I never noticed.

Meteora has bigger flaws but GODDAMN that production is bombastic. The hip hop elements on Meteora are A1 to me and that's why I'll still throw it on, time to time.

Sasuke likes this.
  7. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I must be weird.

HT and Meteora introduced to music around 2005. 10 years later, and even after having discovered lovely edgy stuff like NIN, Massive Attack, or Bjork, which I love, I still come back to them every now and then, and I still enjoy the fuck out of them.

And I ain't embarassed.

8. Doridorica

I'm not embarrassed either when I say that I still really enjoy some songs on both of them (mostly those that weren't released as singles) and listen to them every now and then. I wasn't a teenager when they were released but it was a weird period of life so they're very dear to me.

Deliveranze likes this.
  9. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

10. The Joesen One

I really wish Derek's mashup of Bieber and LP was back online. I missed it.

11. TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

Sort of related but...

I don't know if anyone remembers this but when Heavy came out as a single the artwork only listed, Chester, Brad, Mike, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter as writers. This lead many including me to be concerned cause this marked a shift in what the band usually does, credit all the band members. The main significance of doing this is that only songwriters and will receive royalties for the song, ones who aren't credited as such wouldn't. However, this shift seems like this is only a superficial art work thing, cause BMI (who collects royalties and manages them) lists all the band members. Not sure why we have the shift now, but for anyone who was concerned, it's safe to say that all the band members are getting paid lol.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailVie...blisher=True&blnArtist=True&blnAltTitles=True
    http://repertoire.bmi.com/DetailVie...blisher=True&blnArtist=True&blnAltTitles=True

12. The Joesen One

If that's the case then I guess it'll be like other albums which say "Written by Linkin Park" but with separate credits for "Music and Lyrics by..." so I guess the band will get paid one way or another.

13. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

Without any hint of doubt, this has been my least favorite album cycle so far. When I first joined the forums, I was like.. Wow. Such a positive LP community. I still remember how fans from all over the world came in together during the scavenger hunt to unlock 'Lies Greed Misery'. There were not so many amazing moments during the THP cycle but the hype for that record kinda compensated for it(at least for me).

This time around, it's been so much worse. There are people whining about the change and there are people whining about those people. This can be escalated to an even higher degree. To be honest, I am not totally in love with the new sound. But for once, I wish people could slow down with the same arguments over the same questions again and again. Is the musical change risky or not? Is Chester over-reacting this time around? Is Mike a hypocrite after what he said during THP cycle? Do other band members play a part or not? Are LP sellouts?

For me, the band made a personal album which **they** love. If I like what they made, great, If I don't, then maybe next time. Yes. It will be hard and kinda sad when your favorite band releases an album which you don't like. But there is nothing one can do rather than move on.

Avo, Captain-EO and Sasuke like this.
  14. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

What I find strange about this album cycle is that none of my Facebook friends are posting or liking new LP songs. I have 60+ friends that like Linkin Park and I didn't see even one person post a song or like something related to this album... :mellow:

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  15. Majorfort

Majorfort Active Member

First: Aren't all albums they made kinda personal? Second:Of course we/they who don't like the album cycle can't do anything else, other than don't buy it.

My conclusion to this whole hate/radio friendly LP vs like eveything aka rose-colored glasses discussion is buy or leave it.

We will have to see in 2 or 3 years when the next album comes what sound they will make. If it goes by their (of course they could lie) statement the next album will not sound like OML. And if it does, it just proves they contradicted themselves and are more drawn to that "softer" sound now.

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  16. The Joesen One

We should really have a Mercedes AMG smilie.

Sasuke likes this.
  17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

One thing that makes Hybrid Theory so interesting is that everytime I listen to it I find at least one new sound I've never heard before on the album.

18. The Joesen One

Sasuke, Alexrednex and minuteforce like this.
  19. Doridorica

This sounds really great, well done.

20. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Between the weird melodies on the demo version of LGM, Primo, Three Band Terror, Animals, and the variety already on Living Things, that album could've been a crazy awesome sequel to ATS if they wanted to go in that direction (aka, be as unconventional as possible). To go from Primo to LGM to Three Band Terror to Powerless to Victimized to Animals to Castle of Glass would've been CRAZY. I love LT for what it is, but can't help but wish we had the album the demos tease us with.

Sasuke and bogdan971 like this.