Linkin Park - 'Invisible' Out Now + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 10, 2017.

1. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I feel like this happens a lot with LP's music. On a lot of songs, from a lot of people. I'd call it unfortunate, but ultimately I'm just glad I personally hear and discern things going on in the background, fitting sounds to the theme/mood/atmosphere of the song, etc. I can't remember the last time I heard "It's generic" and I haven't thought to myself "It fits with the song, and it sounds like Linkin Park to me"

Couldn't agree with you more. Good thing it's always my ritual/tradition to specifically listen to an album in full, front to back, at least once. That's why I drive far enough away and buy the album in that town, so the drive home is long enough to listen with good surround sound in my car. I've liked the songs we've heard so far, and yet I still have pretty much no doubt that there are still better songs to come.

It's nice to hear that meetings of that nature take place from time to time. I'm also confident that there are some who will stick by the band, even if a few more are lost along the way.

I know I'm not going anywhere. This band has meant too much to me.

2. Lord MSG

Lord MSG Butcher Mike

You took the words right out of my mouth. He also said he had to picture his kids standing there while he recorded his vocals. For me it makes it that much better. I don't know about you guys, but I'm finding this new sound very ADDICTING. I love it. People don't need to like their new stuff, they just need to stop being so disrespectful.

MarcusArelius, Abel and Meteorain like this.
  3. The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

This is a really cool post, I would stick it in the front page of every Linkin Park-related content :lol: Simply because this is the right mindset to listen to ANY band, not just LP. The fun thing is: Linkin Park helped me overcome the "LULZ METAL MASTERGENRE" phase of my "music life" and that's because I opened up my mind and tried to listen to what the band had to really say and give with A Thousand Suns. And f**k, it was beautiful. LP reaaally helped me wide my music tastes.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  4. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

Hello Adam ! hope you are fine !
    Chester tweeted----- > Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, Living Things, the Hunting Party & One More Light = LINKIN PARK [​IMG]
    and i Respond this : LP music = RAINBOW taste ... so many colors in it!
    My point is that LP's music library is just so colorful , each ''color'' is a genre , each studio album is a ''color'' . I m getting this so positive and that's why LP is my favorite band ... they re so unique if you see at this perspective.
    LIVING THINGS is a perfect example of what LP is...it combined a lot of their ''music colors '' together...

Thanks in advance for your work with LP ... !

5. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I really like 'Invisible'. Mike sounds awesome and it's a nice change to have a new song with Mike singing lead vocals. There is this vulnerability to Mike's voice that really suits this song. Plus this song is just catchy as fuck.

The live version sounded great too especially with Chester's vocals towards the end.

Out of the 4 tracks officially released so far, this is by far my favourite one. Good stuff.

The Joesen One, Jesse, Abel and 5 others like this.
  6. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

THIS. Thank you!
    I've been wondering why I love his voice and I wasn't able to put it into words properly.
    It's the vulnerability in his voice that just grasps onto you.

Sasuke likes this.
  7. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I've enjoyed all the OML songs so far but HOLY HELL do I love Invisible. This is fantastic. This is what I expected when they said it was a more personal record. This is such an adult, mature song for Linkin Park and it manages to have a positive message. I gotta say, I really like these positive LP songs like this and Battle Symphony.

8. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Holy crap, did this song hit me. Best OML song that's been released so far, imo. Shinoda's vocals are amazing in this.

Jesse, Abel and Lord MSG like this.
  9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Invisible is my favourite track from the four released by far I'd say. I'm not sure how much stopping power it will have but I'm really liking it for now and it's really catchy. I really like the short intro and the way Mike sings certain lines, in fact Mike's voice is probably the standout part of the track but I genuinely feel like some of the instrumentation is great too.

Sorry for Now was one of my most anticipated tracks from the album and hearing Mike on this makes me more excited for it. Excited to hear Nobody Can Save Me too after the praise that has gotten from @AdamWBR.

The Joesen One, Jesse, Abel and 3 others like this.
  10. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I love the verses and Mike's voice on this song. It is so soothing to the ears. But the chorus is kinda non-interesting. The verses were so good. Not really feeling the melody of the chorus.

11. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

So, after reading Adam's comment I caved in and listened to Invisible five or six times.
    Then I listened to Battle Symphony again. And then Heavy.
    I feel like all these track belong together in a strange way. Not just because they are on the same album or share a similar structure, but I feel like the songs themselves sort of add up to a bigger picture.
    They somehow compliment each other in terms of lyrics, tone, energy, instrumentals, vocals, etc

Despite Good Goodbye which we already know is an outsider, this album will probably be cohesive and flow really well.

About Invisible:
    I love it. It's simple and emotional.
    The track also has some layers instrumentally that I really enjoy, although I kind of wish the bridge was expanded upon.

12. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Love to hear this. And I've said it on twitter and I'll say it again, Nobody Can Save Me is my new favorite LP song and such a great way to kick off this album. I'm SO excited for you guys to hear it.

ragsta, Abel and Alexrednex like this.
  13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Gonna quote this for the people who scoff at the idea that the record label has any say over an album's direction. Good on you Adam for standing up for the band's vision.

Abel likes this.
  14. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I remember you saying you loved Burning in the Skies, then saying you liked Nobody Can Save Me even more. I also loved Burning in the Skies, it's one of my favourites, so this made me excited that Nobody Can Save Me is really something special. I'm really interested to see if I agree that it's even better than Burning in the Skies.

15. AdamWBR

Yeah I don't want people to think that conversation was about us trying to change the band's mind. It was about "Ok, here's what the band has delivered. Maybe not what we expected, but that's ok. How do we blow this the F up??"

The Joesen One likes this.
  16. Joe

What makes me excited about this statement is that I know Burning in the Skies was your favourite before this, and as that's such a great song and also an album opener, I have high hopes for this. Can't wait!

17. AdamWBR

Until I heard Nobody Can Save Me, BITS was my favorite LP song. Got the same feeling when I heard NCSM that I got when I first heard BITS.

18. dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

LP album openers have always been great. Waiting...

19. Joe

Haha, Mike described this process to us in our last podcast from his point of view and it's exactly the same.

20. AdamWBR

Definitely not the case at every major label. Happy to say it's the case here.

Joe likes this.