Linkin Park to Premiere 'Invisible' Today May 10th on Beats 1 with Zane Lowe

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 9, 2017.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Hopefully this rivals No Roads Left, or even beats it. A successful single with Mike singing would be terrific.

Petar likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

That's been one of my biggest disappointments about this cycle so far - being told that Mike's been singing more than usual, and then finding out he only sings on two tracks (I believe). Like, Living Things isn't my favourite LP album at all, but my favourite thing about that album was that so many of the tracks utilised both singers amazingly. Especially the run from Castle of Glass through to Skin To Bone, where they both sing on every track. Linkin Park do vocal interplay so well, and it just seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity whenever they don't utilise that.

minuteforce and Sasuke like this.
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

As much as I get it, but also disappointed Chester told fans to "get the eff over Hybrid Theory". You can't do that as a professional. Then I saw something else today on a video telling someone to stab their face or cut their face over them being called sellouts for becoming pop.

I get it. They must be getting a ton of backlash over this album. But you don't tell fans to "get over" something. So many dedicated fans still here that complain, and their first two albums are the ones and reasons why people have stuck by them. For hope of something similar.

I for one don't care. I'm super excited about this album, but I'm disappointed in the way Chesters handling it.

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Ive never quite understood the appeal of shinodas voice. I can enjoy him as a counter to chester, or harmonizing, but by itself his voice has always struck me as kinda boring to listen to. Maybe this'll change my mind.

Hans Muster likes this.
    thor

thor Well-Known Member

Exactly. With this band the amount of possibility they could achieve sometimes fall short of its potential. The 3 songs that have been released are good songs, imo, but that's it. There really isn't anything about those songs that will make you think this shit will be a classic.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The closest they've got to sounding like 6 members is The Catalyst. Everyone has a prominent role in that song. I seriously hope the next album is "experimental".

Thervit, Hans Muster and Petar like this.
    Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I saved Final Masquerade for The Hunting Party which was very satisfying and well worth the wait, but that came days after Rebellion which was utterly fantastic. I just want something to hype me up about this record and if Invisible finally blows me away then I'm all for it.

This is true. I played Living Things pretty much daily for 15 months though and I still truly enjoy the album to this day, even with all of the firecracker tracks in the first half. Same thing with The Hunting Party - played that constantly for nearly two years, but I've barely listened to Heavy, Battle Symphony and Good Goodbye and that's not due to "saving them for the full album experience". In fact, I never even downloaded Heavy to my phone which would have been blasphemy before. Talking to Myself seems solid but its nothing really remarkable.

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

HT was released 17 (!) years ago... And what exactly did he say, I am pretty sure it is more likely a missinterpretation combined with a lot of salt. The band often is messing around on a not so serious note. Hopefully we are not talking about the short snippet from the rehearsals^^

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

If you like that soft pop crap they are selling thats fine. I like the heavy and hard hitting stuff. I can listen to HT and Meteora and THP over and over again and never get tired of it
    because its what i like and what i can relate to.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Oh well. I'm not a big fan of most of the new stuff, but in general, rating music on the "soft-heavy" scale is a bit shallow.

I mean, I could make the most hard-hitting fart orientated song, but that wouldn't necessarily make it a good song.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

No offense meant to anyone (okay, let's be real here, it's me. I totally mean to offend as many people who fit this as possible), but I just can't understand liking only ONE type of music. Music fits so many different moods purely because it's so flexible. Sometimes I'm in a mood where heavy rock music just doesn't scratch that itch, but a super poppy song like Breakeven by The Script is what I need. Sometimes I need to chill out and pop in some Art Blakey or Dave Brubek. I'll tell you what, when I fornicate with other members of the human race, I generally don't go to Linkin Park. I drop in All That by Carly Rae Jepsen, 6 Underground by the Sneaker Pimps or Wildcat by Ratatat.

I don't know. It just feels so... depressing seeing people who will only listen to one type of music. There's so much good music out there to discover that fit any mood and I can't understand why people would willing sit in a closet when there's a whole mansion to explore.

Sonic, Gibs, Sasuke and 3 others like this.
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

... wait, HT and Meteora that had In The End, Pushing Me Away, Easier to Run, and Numb on them? Those albums?

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

When I think of a Linkin Park album that is more pop sounding, but has a focus on writing more refined, mature lyrics, Invisible is *exactly* what I think of.

Linkin Park lyrics don't often (ever?) get reflective. I know that seems counter-intuitive because most Linkin Park songs are all about inner feelings, but their lyrics tend to be more navel-gazing and self-obsessed than actually thinking about the bigger picture.

Invisible is a truly reflective song that actually acknowledges that there might be more than one side in a conflict, that human relationships don't always have a right or wrong answer (especially when the two people involved are at very different points in their life), and is just a great look at how you deal with a loved one after a rough patch. I'm really happy Mike wrote this.

The Joesen One likes this.
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I have yet to listen to "Invisible", but your description has me very excited for it! I'm waiting until May 18/19 to listen to the rest of the album. I say May 18 due to the possibility of getting the album/t-shirt package in the mail a day before the album officially releases. This is what has happened with pre-ordering both LT and THP, and ended up getting them in the mail a day before release.

Anyway, I've listened to Heavy, BS, GG, and TTM Live (only once), so I'm good to go until May 19. I want some surprises left when I listen to OML front to back.
    OK, technically, I listened to those live acoustic/stripped down versions of TTM and OML a few months back, but those don't really count, as they were clearly not full songs.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Some People like change and some people dont. If you're a metal head, or a fan of rap, or w.e its hard to change into liking something different. I mean sure you can have an open mind and try listening to something different but You cant force someone to like something if they dont. When you dont vibe to something than you dont vibe to it plain and simple. You shouldnt feel depressed when someone likes only one thing, its what they like and thats it. If you like something else than thats fine, ill respect what you like and in return you should respect what i like. I'm not gonna curse you out and say dont listen to that becuz i think it sucks. I'm not saying you or me im just speaking in general. The LP fan base is so divided its just sad to see.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Not force to like something but to moving to respect other opinions and change. Do i love the sound the band is going? Definitely no. But i am ok with that. I dont need to shit always about any mistake the band does. I cant see that i will replay this album (after listening to Heavy, BS and GG) as much as i did THP, but its just the way it is.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've always wanted you to write for AltWire due to your incredibly diverse music taste and love of some damn good music.

One day....one day.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Let's talk pay. Bidding starts at $0.05 a day.