Linkin Park Premiere "Talking To Myself" Live in Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 7, 2017.

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

I'm happy to see that mostly everyone is liking the song. I still haven't listened to anything, or read any lyrics outside of Heavy.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I'd say that we didn't really hear the song before, so I wouldn't call Mike a liar. They previewed an acoustic version in front of a very small and selective audience. So I guess if you wanna get technical Mike did lie. But that's getting wayyy too complacent.

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

irrelevant NEWS :
    Track INVISIBLE will be out FRIDAY .... genius will debut lyrics Wednesday maybe..

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

Finally a OML song i can blast on my car without the feeling of embarrassment.

The intro is so Linkin Park. (love It)

I like that vocoder effect after the verses.
    Some kind of original (remembers me Majoras mask´oath to order), not like the alvin´s one.

The best of OML so Far.

Funny note: The guitar on the bridge sounds like that fake "leaked" clip of Burn it Down.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Bane and AndreyKamensky like this.
    lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

TALKING TO MYSELF is simple but great ...

so far : 1. battle symphony
    2.talking to myself
    3.Good goodbye
    4.Heavy

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

best one so far

Daniel Price

Daniel Price Member

Hey all, sorry I've not been logged in much lately, had some troubles with my grandma passing away.. but anyway back on subject, I love the recent songs that have been released, GG and the live version of TTM, it's fantastic! I've heard that "invisible" will be out on the day after my birthday, I hope that's true :D

Abel likes this.
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope you can find some peace listening to the actual OML song. LP songs can be relatable to so many situations. I find peace in their ballads.

LP = therapeutic

Abel and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Daniel Price

Daniel Price Member

Thank you very much, yeah I hope so too. I actually burst out crying when I listened to that live snippet of OML. I'm coping quite well though, it's still very hard.

Sorry for being a bit off topic LPA staff

Abel likes this.
    LPJM46

LPJM46 Member

Hey man. So sorry about your loss. I just lost my aunt in December. Loss is hard my brother. Idk about you, but OML is really helping me look forward to something to help me cope with this loss. A lot of people are talking mad shit and yes the new music is polarizing, but it makes it exciting in my opinion. Not trying to compare losses. Every situation is different. But new LP music, regardless of genre, always makes things better for me personally. Hopefully it's helping you too. Can't wait for May 19th!

Halfway Dwight likes this.
    MarkLP12

MarkLP12 Member

source? or are you just making a prediction?

Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

I'm glad you managed to found comfort and solstice in LP's new music; that's one of the best things about (LP) music, it can be therapeutic to get you through whatever life throws at you.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if 'One More Light' is unanimously liked by fans across album eras; it's basically the next 'Iridescent' in the album.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The entire album will probably be leaked by Friday.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

How so? Unless an early stream is out, I give it maybe 4 days before at the earliest.

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

What about Physical Format???
    Right now there must be hundreds of OML CDs on the wild, waiting to be leaked by some random employee with hunger for fame.

My Bet is on the 10th

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

That would be amazing. I'd be super damn satisfied if that happened. I think I remember one of the albums that didn't stream a week early (THP) didn't leak until 4 days before.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

If I remember, Living Things and THP got streamed on iTunes and there was no leak as such prior to that aside from the 3 snippets we got for Lost in the echo, in my remains and il be gone.
    ATS got leaked almost two weeks prior to release tho.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Meteora (March 25th, 2003) - Leaked March 19th (6 days)
    Minutes To Midnight (May 8th, 2007) - Leaked May 4th (4 days)
    A Thousand Suns (Sept 8th, 2010) - Leaked September 7th (1 day)
    LIVING THINGS (June 20th, 2012) - Leaked June 16th (4 days)
    The Hunting Party (June 13th, 2014) - Leaked June 9th (4 days)

I wouldn't expect anything until at least a week from now.

Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, absolutely every song on A Thousand Suns had an ending section unique from the rest of the song? And didn't follow similar structures and formulas?

- Burning in the Skies - Same/similar structure, ended with one last chorus. You can't really be counting Mike's final repeating of the very first line of the song, after the final chorus. Not when you said "unique ending".
    - The Messenger - Final chorus and then "Oh whoa oh, oh whoa oh". Unique to the rest, sure, but...
    - Iridescent - Dragged on chorus carries all the way from middle or near-end to end. Serves as its own bridge, in a way.
    - Waiting for the End - Mike's bridge, instrumental, and then... final chorus, song ends. Outro with Mike and Chester intermingling vocals has been done many times before, and after, this album

I can most see what you're talking about with The Catalyst, and you have a point with When They Come for Me, Blackout, Robot Boy and even kind of Wretches and Kings. So it may be majority, but you literally said "absolutely every song" and I'd say otherwise for 4 of them. But, who cares? The 4 I mentioned are still really good songs. Burning in the Skies is an all-timer for me. Structure be damned.

To be honest, and no offense, but that's the part that I find annoying -- worrying about similar structures and formulas. Ultimately what matters is how good the song ends up being, regardless of if it did or didn't follow familiar habits. I can think of a ton of songs from them that I love that follow those habits, and it's a common songwriting thing, not just a Linkin Park thing. I'm fine if they do that and only that forever as long as I end up liking/loving the song. Maybe a once in a while change of pace would be nice, but it's not important. The change-ups in The Catalyst, Blackout, etc aren't solely the reason for me liking those songs. They happen to work with/for those songs. Sometimes it doesn't work, so I don't want to see the band trying to force themselves to incorporate it.

I had Minutes to Midnight as May 15th, Living Things June 26th, The Hunting Party June 17th, and A Thousand Suns September 14th. I'm guessing you're not using North American dates? Either that or I'm just wrong.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Halfway Dwight and Iopia like this.
  20. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Haven't been able to stop listening to 'Talking To Myself'. Absolutely love the song. Have to say it's 4/4 for me so far. Really enjoyed this live show. LOATR was killer.

Bane, Abel and Meteorain like this.