Chester Bennington working on music with Mark Morton

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Apr 14, 2017.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Lost in the Echo, Guilty All the Same, Rebellion...?

Sasuke and Tony Fields like this.
    Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

Since when do Linkin Park follow label's instructions?
    Was it popular to go classic rock/pop-rock/hip-hop-gospel/soft rock on Minutes to Midnight back in 2007 after releasing two successfull nu-metal albums some (a lot of) fans are still eager to hear again? Was it popular to go further into this, but with the elements of jungle, drum'n'bass, electro-pop ballads or EDM-esque tracks on ATS?
    Was rock/metal big back in 2014 when they released The Hunting Party after trendy electro-pop/soft-rock/pop-rock LIVING THINGS?

Was it popular to explore any of the genre that even in hell was NOT associated with Linkin Park?

From the label's point of view - the answer to any of the previous questions is big bold giant NO.

How on Earth can anyone in their minds let Shinoda & co. change so rapidly considering the fact that they are truly risking to alienate the majority of the fanbase (who, as we can see, are really close-minded and prefer genre-safe music) with no guarantee they can attract more people?

It was a shot. They've hit the bullseye, but they could've missed it. And this time, sir, we all could be the fans of some really underground band. Or eat the same sequel to Meteora or Hybrid Theory over and over again.

Edit: forgive me for my mistakes, if there are some.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Spot on. It always makes me laugh that people feel like the band has sold out, or are being influenced by the label with their decisions.

How can anyone in their right mind (as you said) believe that the label has any say over the albums sound when the band has repeatedly put out albums that sound nothing like Hybrid Theory, their biggest selling album to date? Yes, it can be argued that this album might sell better due to the pop appeal, but what about the numerous albums that came before it, that had barely any mainstream appeal (at least not Ed Sheeran/Adele level appeal)? You're absolutely right.

minuteforce and Tony Fields like this.
    Tony Fields

Tony Fields I believe in Pictureboard

And that's all aside the fact that Rick Rubin is famous for his stong 'FU'-attitude towards the major labels :shinado:

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

The reason that LP are currently making a poppier album is because that is the type of music they are currently in to, and because they feel like it. No one is telling them what to write, apart from those fans that can't seem to cope with the evolution in their sound.

Why can't some so called fans get their heads around the fact that maybe the band members have a different taste in music to what they have? It's not selling out, it's not label pressure. It's them making music that they like.

minuteforce, HybridT and Sasuke like this.