Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

The words used by some people on this thread when they're saying they dislike Heavy and Battle Symphony "because it's too pop" are pretty lame. You can see they're acting like they're too good to listen to pop music and the people that do it are stupid.

It might not be what those people actually think but that's how it sounds.

Your personal taste doens't make you better or worse than anyone. It really doesn't matter if you listen to a masterpiece or to shitty song. You do you, fuck everyone who tries to be superior and make other people feel bad.

It's completely ok if you want your favorite band to release "good music", but some people in here really talk like pop music is shit and something to appeal to dumb people only.

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

That emoji is like repeatedly and severely dislocating both shoulders simultaneously. No wonder his face looks like that.

3. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Tocaraca and Meteorain like this.
  4. eunyoungg

eunyoungg Well-Known Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Meteorain likes this.
  5. RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

You can verify it pretty easily by checking the spectrogram of any of your 96/24 files, there's not going to be anything above 48 kHz. A ton of content on HDTracks is upscaled from 44.1/16 CD masters. They might be recording portions of the tracks at 96kHz but that's definitely not what the output tracks are sampled at when the mastering is complete. They're absolutely not doing it at 192 kHz.

You might enjoy this podcast from Home Theater Geeks: Home Theater Geeks 274: The Truth Behind High-Res Audio

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  6. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

[​IMG]
    "Why is everything so heavy?"
    "When my armor breeaaks, I'll fuse it back together."

That meme is an insult to the band and it's ironic to use it against fans of Hybrid Theory in a Linkin Park message board, especially when the lyrics of the new songs are in the same league as the old ones.

Sometimes you don't need a profound reason to dislike something (same as liking).

Do I have to apply music theory in order to legitimately and genuinely dislike Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No secret that I love that image macro, by the way :lol:

Anyway, needing a "profound reason"? You missed the point of eunyoungg's post

8. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

For $10 a month with student discount, unlimited access to other artist. I much prefer it. HDTrack is pay as you go and a bit overpriced. Limited catalog too.

9. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was refering to the other post but was unable to find it on mobile. Sorry!

10. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Except it isn't the same league. It's clear that they've written it from where they are now. They've said before that they're writing it based on what they feel now. They feel heavy because last year was a shitty year for all of us. They want to rebuild their old broken armor because they want to look forward into the future. And honestly, that's a lot better than the teenage angst that encapsulated most of their career.

As for the meme, I'm pretty sure it's not insulting, since most of us had that phase and use it for laughs now. Don't take it too seriously, and don't assume we use it to mock their old stuff based on their new stuff. :)

Halfway Dwight and Sasuke like this.
  11. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Aww, you poor baby. Here, let me just get the bottle for ya.

You triggered there, buddy?

12. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

Call me a fanboy all you want but the song really grew on me and I really love it but at the same time I can understand the hate because most people are judging the song based on one listen and It's really a grower ..

Sasuke likes this.
  13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That doesn't make you a fanboy. It just means you were open minded on the track.

Sasuke and SkullDevil217 like this.
  14. Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

I think people misunderstand; I don't want them to make another Hybrid Theory, I want them to make something even vaguely similar to any one of their previous albums. I wouldn't even mind another Living Things TBH. I just don't want 2016/2017 mainstream pop

15. Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I like it, but it reminds me of Wiz Khalkha - No Sleep.

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah - there's nothing wrong with us being self-aware as LP fans and being willing to laugh about stuff like that.

The Joesen One and Deliveranze like this.
  17. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well yeah, what HDTracks and such receive on their end is a different matter entirely. I'm sure they're recording at 24/96 though, you almost have to to have enough headroom for as many plugins as they're running, and I'm sure that's part of the reasoning for their live show running at 96k too, since so many of their studio plugins are carried over to their live FOH world. They probably have 96k masters SOMEWHERE, since I doubt they'd knowingly up-convert their own audio files for live use, but they may just stick to 48k for commercial use.

Also I'm one of those people that thinks HD audio is completely unnecessary above a certain point. I can definitely hear a difference up to 48k, and I'd be excessively paranoid about my time-based plugins if I ran a session below 24-bit. Beyond that, I really don't notice much, if any difference (although I have some colleagues who swear they hear big differences up to 88.2). I only go with 96k because it's usually what's expected of an engineer these days, plus my sessions are stored on studio hard drives and not my own, so I really don't care about space lol.

TheInterframe likes this.
  18. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

hey guys what's going in this threa--

[​IMG]