Linkin Park - 'Battle Symphony' Full Song Leaked Online

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 13, 2017.

1. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm sorry to break it to you, but they've switched to drumpads for the live version.

Also it's performances like this that make me want singers like Chester and Chris Martin to stick to songs that don't strain their voices.

2. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I find it ironic how some people asking for Hybrid Theory sound were barely old enough to even know anything/weren't even born when Hybrid Theory dropped.

(I wasn't either, disclaimer)

3. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Captain-EO and wattmatters like this.
  4. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Exactly, also overlooked (on top of what I mentioned) are the lyrics for the rest of the song. What's wrong with the verses? I like a good amount of lyrics in that song. At the very least they're fine and I don't think deserve so much flack. Then again as mentioned there's so much fixation on the chorus/bridge that I'm not sure anybody even counts the verses.

I'd still call this "simple fact" more accurately your (and granted many others' as well) opinion.

I wasn't trying to "win" anything. I was simply explaining that while I did agree the chorus/bridge lyrics aren't great or among their best or anything, that there was a reason I deemed them fine and that they fit with the song. The lyrics for that song didn't absolutely need to be great. They were trying to relate to youth who feel that way and it was more about the anger/frustration involved than it was about finding an eloquent or articulate way to express it.

I'm a little disappointed you couldn't at least admit that the "Anglo/panko" thing wasn't representative of Keys to the Kingdom at the very least. Stuck to a weird gun on that one. But that's ok. I've generally liked and agreed with a lot of your posts that I've seen.

Captain-EO, Iopia and Deliveranze like this.
  5. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

"In Between" would have been a perfect fit in OML.
    The song is so underrated

Any In Between fans here?

6. Non-Pattern

Non-Pattern You’re about as sharp as a bowling ball

You aren't alone, I love that song as well, and it would have fit into OML, but maybe sound a bit differently for the instrumentals.

Captain-EO, Iopia and wattmatters like this.
  7. wattmatters

wattmatters Well-Known Member

Yea, vocal-wise it may fit

and also In Pieces.

8. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

One of my favorite songs, a shame they'll probably never play it live again.

Captain-EO likes this.
  9. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Let me apologize to begin with THAT I LOVE "IN BETWEEN".

ciao_fiv and Captain-EO like this.
  10. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

So don't apologise, it's getting what it does deserve.

Great song, love it. First time I'd heard Mike take lead vocals on a track, which was exciting. Very chilled out vibe, and very different for them at that point.

Sasuke and Captain-EO like this.
  11. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I'm not trying to say they're god-awful lyrics or anything. I was giving examples of how I found Battle Symphony's lyrics more poetic than the undeniably straightforward and to-the-point lyrics of most of their work in the past. And they're fine that way, I enjoy (most [SEE: Points of Authority]) of those songs even with those lyrics...they're just not the most imaginatively expressive, if that's the right way to put it. I don't know if you're misinterpreting me or if you disagree with that.

The only one I felt was a little iffy was APFMH because the first part of the opening verse is really nice and it's a standout in the lyric-writing department. But Mike's verses aren't the greatest that song. Same sort of "meh" battle rap style that he used in All for Nothing. I love both those songs but the lyrics aren't quite the epitome of Mike Shinoda.

Yes please. Easily top 10.

Meteorain likes this.
  12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Uhh...Linkin Park's live shows run at 96k/24-bit, go watch any of the Waves Audio videos with Pooch from a couple years back if you don't want to take my word for it. If they're running their live shows in that high of quality, why the hell would they not do their studio recordings the same way? You act like 96k is some mythical unobtainable thing...it's literally just a matter of having hardware capable of running at 96k (which any professional recording studio in the world is going to have), and changing one dropdown menu setting in Pro Tools when you create a new session. I don't think you fully understand how the recording process works, as the 44.1k/16-bit consumer-level stuff you hear on most releases is always downsampled from the masters.

Any recording I've done on a Pro Tools system has been at 96k/24-bit, and I'm a broke college student. Linkin Park is Linkin Park. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they're even recording at 192k these days.

FLAC or WAV files sourced from a CD are still only going to be 44.1k/16-bit audio. There's much higher-quality stuff out there, which includes HDTracks and Tidal.

13. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Ohhhhhh yeah. Easily in my top 20 LP songs. I remember being blown away as a 13-year-old thinking that Mike is just "the rapper" and that's it.

I wish they could play that live again.

Sasuke likes this.
  14. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

245063794_5ab866053b.jpg

15. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

In Between is better than anything on HT and Meteora combined :halfkappa:

16. NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Man after a few days of sitting with the song, I'm really in love with it! I think once I just got over that it is something different, I could actually appreciate it for what it is :D

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  17. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

When the half-kappa makes zero sense.:hahn:

Tocaraca likes this.
  18. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

In Between is definitely one of my least favorite songs

#fightme

Tocaraca likes this.
  19. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

It's not that Heavy and Battle Symphony are bad... it's just that they're not good in my opinion :shrug:

Tocaraca likes this.
  20. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

In Between is actually my favorite song off Minutes to Midnight! I like No Roads Left more, but it's a bonus track so I'm not counting it as my favorite :)