Linkin Park - 'Heavy' Music Video Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 9, 2017.

insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

Where's the rest of the band? I hate when they aren't in the video, I would've liked it if the members of the group were actually the band members, that would've been great.
    STILL I liked Chester's acting and the story, but maybe they shouldn't have chosen such a story for such a short single? Little rushed. And I'd have a little more colour please.

EDIT: I don't care about product placement, it's a car. No biggie.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

What so its not okay to find this video shit, just because someone might have an emotional connection to it? Honestly, if someone likes it and/or finds it relatable thats totally fine by me. Doesn't make me like the video more though.

lime treacle likes this.
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

What's funny is that I didn't give much thought to the now "infamous" Mercedes part when I first saw it. Now that I give it some more thought, it appears to be symbolic for someone being materially successful, yet still having deep, emotional trauma that affects them psychologically. A trauma that is too deep for material wealth to "fix".

Where are some of you getting the impression that the Mercedes snippet (that's all it really was) was a direct promotion for the car itself? I didn't see any impressive stats popping up on screen, or hear a hyper announcer singing its praises :lol:

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

To be fair, maybe this is an answer to the "These guys have money, surely they can't be depressed like us normal folk!" sentiment a lot of people have thrown at celebrities/artists since the beginning of time. Then again, it's most likely just product placement that I don't mind. :lol:

But man, this video speaks to me. That whole bathroom scene got me tearing up the second time I watched it: knowing you have these issues, but also feeling like no one's going to reach out and help, so you're fighting with yourself instead. When Kiiara entered and checked on Chester, that's when everything hit me. One of the best videos they've ever put out.

(and for a second, I thought I saw Brad in the meeting, but understandably most of the band are not actors unlike Chester)

Breno9712 and Sasuke like this.
    UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

1. Mercedes says so.
    2. The second close-up of the car is unnecessary. I actually like the shot of Chester walking towards the car.
    3. The Starboy video is also blatant but that wasn't paid and P1 is great and that's how you place a car in a song.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Idk why you'd want to just come in here and call the video absolute shit while others are really enjoying it and relating to it???
    :rolleyes:

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with people not liking the same stuff I do. What I don't like is people declaring it as shit just because they don't like/get it.

Why not just say you don't like it, rather then bash it and offend people who do relate to it?

brady likes this.
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Because this is a message board the purpose of which is discussion and voicing opinions. What do you want, your own side and nothing else? Gonna send all the others to Syberia? :sheldon:

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I was expecting some color filter like Waiting for the End, but orangish/pinkish. Full of bokeh effects.

It's weird how the MV photography NEVER matches the single cover. In advertising/design terms, it's so wrong to not keep a visual identity.

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

This. It's the close-up of the car that looks a bit stupid (and makes it an obvious ad). It's funny that you mention Starboy because I immediately thought "this shot would fit better in the Starboy video" :D

Anyway, the car isn't that big of a deal, it's just a bit.. laughable :p It's still a good video.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Oh please, you're just nitpicking my words and skewing them. Like Forfeit to Break said, you can voice your dislike without bashing it and putting it into the ground.

Forfeit to Break likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I took the risk reading the comments. Fuck, LP "fans" are embarrassing.

Tony Fields and Hybridora like this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

About the car, Chester said at some interview that people thinks because he's part of a successfull rockband he doesn't have problems and isn't allowed to have them.

Maybe the video wants to show that. Having money and being successfull isn't keeping you away from personal conflits.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    lime treacle

I'm not nitpicking anything. And indeed I agree, you can do so, but you also don't have to. I don't know why you're getting riled up over nothing. It's really not a big deal.

zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

Fair enough , I can understand that although I was focusing more on the overall context so that's why I didn't give a shit about advertisement but that's good point though.
    I still stand by my opinion because I knew it was coming but I can definitely understand others who may have a problem with it .
    But I disagree with the video being less relatable because we all know that chester is filthy rich even if he doesn't blatantly show that but that doesn't stop any fan from relating to what he's going thru in his life .:)

Deliveranze

I know people who think LP sold out are gonna have a field day with the product placement :lol:

"A MERCEDES?!?! IN MY FAVORITE METAL BAND'S VIDEO?"
    #NOTMYLP

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I will say that while they of course creatively obscured the face with quick cuts and camera tricks (and may have used CGI to get it closer)...the double they cast for Chester was actually impressively close. It really was believable that Chester was fighting with himself, and I'll go as far to say that it's one of my favorite videos they've done in a while. Short, sweet, but effective.

Hybridora, Breno9712, Joshua and 4 others like this.
    Deliveranze

Gotta love the edgy people who say, "LP still exists in 2017?"

Meteorain likes this.
    lime treacle

Wait, that's what happens in the video? What the fuck :rofl: I didn't even realize that!

20. Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Decent video.

Anybody know why Joe doesn't direct the videos anymore?