Linkin Park - 'Heavy' Music Video Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 9, 2017.

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Yes, despite of deep lyrics, the song need a more colourful video. These boys have a big problem with grays...

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Please stop. You're entitled to your opinion, but saying it's a "shit video with a shit story" is a bit ridiculous and not to mention rude.

Forfeit to Break likes this.
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^He can say whatever he wants... :lol: he's not throwing insults at anyone.

Blake likes this.
    zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

I don't understand why is everyone bothered with literally 6 seconds of mercedes , it's not like the video is fixated around chester driving a mercedes or something .
    LP fans like to complain for the sake of it , smh .

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Some people actually connect with this video. There is no need to be so dismissive and rude, just cos you don't like it.

Just because you don't like something doesn't necessarily mean it's shit.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

OK, this music video genuinely gave me a lot more appreciation for the song itself. I was pretty shocked to see how the events in the video played out. The band really wasn't kidding about OML being a lot more personal and about the band members' lives. I'm almost certain that the video artistically and symbolically showed Chester's dark, difficult past with drug abuse and alcohol.

That bathroom scene at the end, I was not prepared for that. So much symbolism, and the lyrics made the scene much more meaningful.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Says the one constantly hating on the song...

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's because it's so clearly advertisement for Mercedes and it just doesn't really fit the vibe of the video.

lime treacle likes this.
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I actually feel I would've liked the song more if the video was released with it.

EDIT: the AMG GT S shot with him driving should have been an aerial shot, like this it just looks like something out of a car commercial. I think that's why so many of you are bothered by it. But really, it's such a great car so I forgive it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I don't understand how people are saying this is the worst LP music video ever. It's got a great message, actually has decent cinematography and acting.

You're saying THIS is the worst LP music video when we have had:

- Unexplained ninjas
    - Horribly CGI'd flying whales
    - The worst "falling into bed" shot of all time, along with more CGI animals with a Gundam
    - The world is ending, also look at this photograph

You're saying Heavy is worse than THIS OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO FOR A LINKIN PARK SONG:

Unoriginal you say? UNORIGINAL?! I'd hate for Linkin Park to be unoriginal.

FROM THE INSIDE - Takes place in a riot.
    BLEED IT OUT - Riot/fight breaks out in a bar.
    SHADOW OF THE DAY - Takes place in a riot.
    THE CATALYST - Riots, now with color grenades!
    PTS.OF.ATHRTY - Riots, now with robots instead of humans!

But luckily the band has NEEEEEEEEEVER done anything unoriginal ever!

CRAWLING - A girl has problems.
    NUMB - A girl has problems with paint.
    BREAKING THE HABIT - A girl has problems, animated.
    BURNING IN THE SKIES - A girl has problems as the world is ending.
    CASTLE OF GLASS - A girl has problems with her husband dying in combat.
    UNTIL IT'S GONE - A girl has problems being followed by floating lyrics as she explores a city.

Never. Never unoriginal! Not Linkin Park!

ONE STEP CLOSER - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! Flying ninjas!
    PAPERCUT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! They're probably insane and stuff is in the walls!
    POINTS OF AUTHORITY - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's all live footage!
    SOMEWHERE I BELONG - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's all inside Chester's dreams!
    LYING FROM YOU - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's live from the Live In Texas DVD!
    FAINT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! You only see their silhouettes for 4/5 of the song!
    WHAT I'VE DONE - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! They're in a desert! And the camera rotates around them! Also, politics!
    BREAKING THE HABIT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's animated!
    GIVEN UP - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's more live footage!
    BLEED IT OUT - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! It's filmed in reverse!
    WAITING FOR THE END - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! The camera rotates around them! Also, they have to stand still a lot. Also, special effects!
    BURN IT DOWN - The band is just performing the song. But wait... there's a twist! The camera moves around them! Also they have to stand still a lot.

Blake, Kilmer, Hybrid and 6 others like this.
    zazofazo

What If someone can actually relate to the video and then he saw another fan dismissing it as "shit story " , wouldn't he rightfully be annoyed ? Think about it for second .

brady likes this.
    Forfeit to Break

I would liked to have seen Chester drive off in the Merc at the end of the video, into a red sunset like on the album cover.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Chester looking young in this video

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Sure, they could be annoyed. I don't know why they would want to intervene though. Live and let live brooo

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Not enough DDD :kappa:

Liked the video and the idea of portraying the idea of them fighthing their own demons. It doesn't get any more relatable than that. The song is short and they had to convey the idea real quick but the video does its purpose, for what music videos are now, it's really ok.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

This. As much as I love cars, this isn't really a "collaboration" as AMG said earlier, this is just putting the car in the video in some way. Although I've definitely seen worse car placement and AMG GT is a great vehicle so I guess I'm fine in that regard.

But then, this is a great video. Chester outdid himself lol

zazofazo

We know it was coming and it doesn't affect the story at all so what's the problem ?
    yes It was clearly an advertisement but it was done tastefully and it doesn't derail the subject of the video and on the top of that it is a nice car so no reason to be bothered imo..

SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Video was actually better than I was expecting. There are times when I feel like I'm at war with myself for something I did or didn't do, so I can relate to it.

Also I see A_Thousand_fans is following in Rebel Traj's footsteps.

AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

Boy, that escalated quickly :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Because it's blatant and probably the most obvious product placement the band has ever done. It's almost like Chester sitting at a table in a video and drinking Coca-Cola with the camera and lighting focused blatantly on the logo on the can.

It didn't ruin my enjoyment of the video, but the video honestly could've done without it. It added nothing to the video and I'd almost argue it made Chester appear slightly less relatable in the story...considering he was driving around in a car most of us probably cant afford :lol:.

Lotus and Majorfort like this.
    Forfeit to Break

This video resonates with me. I don't really give a fuck about the product placement. It doesn't affect the message imo.

I can really relate to feeling like I'm my own worst enemy, and really hating myself at times. Battling your own demons can be the hardest fight of all.

It's not an original idea, but it is effectively conveyed in this instance, and hits pretty hard.

Sasuke, Abel and brady like this.