This Linkin Park 'Heavy' Rehearsal Is So Good It Deserves A Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

Before they brought Kiiara in, it was just Chester for the whole song. Mike had no part in it either way.

2. ciao_fiv

Woah, you mean I'm not the only person who loves Drawbar?????!!!!! That's wild.

Iopia likes this.
  3. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

You. I like you. :lol:

ciao_fiv likes this.
  4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Thank you.

Honestly I don't know what pisses me off more. The direction the band went in or the self-entitlement on display by some people.

It's been 14 years since anything like Hybrid Theory or Meteora came out. Even when the band went a little more old school on LT and THP the style was still vastly different. I think the band should always look to explore new avenues, I'm just regretful this is the path they chose. They don't owe me shit though.

Meteorain, Abel, Rahat and 3 others like this.
  5. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I can actually feel myself getting triggered at some of these replies

Abel, Captain-EO and brady like this.
  6. TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

Wait until you see the cesspool that is the comments on Facebook and YouTube.

Abel, Captain-EO, Iopia and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Edit: just to clear things up a bit.
    Just commenting on the Shenmue stuff as my thoughts on LP's music has been made perfectly clear by myself and others plenty of times.

Anyway, I want Shenmue 3 to be good and to tell a good story. I do not want the controls to be dated. If I could have it on Dreamcast, I'd prefer that just for nostalgic reasons. But I'd still want the improvements of modern games, better animation, writing, lighting, controls, geometry, etc. Which is impossible on Dreamcast so its kinda irrelevant in the end to want it on that console just because the others were.

In the end, I think it'll be better for being a modern game, but truthfully its never going to be like other games so I don't really think about that all that much. But to be fair its silly to compare a game to a band.

But this was all pretty off topic so yeah.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  8. thor

thor Well-Known Member

lol at the third clip with Kiiara.

9. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

What about those who don't want LP to go back to nu-metal but dislike Heavy ? Not everything is just black or white, not every person who dislike Heavy wants them to do nu metal again. Heavy is literally first LP single ever that I don't like at all, no matter if it's acoustic, nu metal, swing, reggae or any other version. There is more Linkin Park vibe and feeling in collaboration songs with S.Aoki than in Heavy. And you'd have thought it shouldn't be the case since both of them are dance electronic tunes. Summing up, there's no problem with Heavy that it's a pop song, but it's a very very average pop song, nothing up to Linkin Park standards we all know. They've raised their own bar really high with A Thousand Suns and no wonder that many people are now left disappointed because they've expected something much better. I can't foolishly say that I like this song just because it has been done by my favourite band. It would be the same level of childishness like with nu metal kids moaning about everything post Meteora and those who proudly calling themselves ''real fans'' just because they love every single piece of music made by LP whether it's good or bad one.

10. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

I thought we had already established that it is ok to dislike the song and be constructive about it, right?
    What's not ok is completely disrespecting the band and spitting on their faces because they decided not to do what you (well, not you you but you get what I mean) want.

Abel, Halfway Dwight and Iopia like this.
  11. Amarez

Amarez Well-Known Member

LP will be lady gaga by 2025.

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

We've said this countless times now: the problem isn't people's preferences. You can like or dislike the song, you can be disappointed, and you could even cease being an LP fan if you feel so strongly, but that's all a matter of taste.

At the end of the day, the band have done what they wanted, and people who've followed their music should be able to respect that, whatever they feel about the style and whether or not they will remain a fan. To say that the band did something wrong by anyone, or to attack the band because they created the art that they wanted to create, isn't something that can be justified.

Had they tried to please you specifically, they would've displeased someone else in the process and maybe they would be bitching just as you are now. So there's really no net benefit there at all, and they'd be abandoning their artistic integrity on top of that. All that the band can do is make the music that they like, which is what they're doing.

Abel, Halfway Dwight, Iopia and 2 others like this.
  13. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

:cry::mellow::samuel::timothy::(:FUUUUUU::jesse::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

That's the best song they have ever made

ciao_fiv, Iopia and Sasuke like this.
  14. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'm super triggered at this point with how entitled these fans feel they are.
    The whining is just absolutely hideous.
    I'm gonna spam every comment on YouTube now. Not like it'll change their mind but I'm so annoyed at this point.

You probably shouldn't because you know best :p

TobinKnowsBest likes this.
  15. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

Don't waste your energy dude .
    The band doesn't seem to care why should we ?
    It's not like this will change their minds or something

Sasuke likes this.
  16. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I might be the only one who isn't thrilled at the "I used to get high" line that was revealed. I mean I'll deal with it, it won't ruin anything for me, but I personally would've preferred things like that not be said. I do really like the second part of it though : "in abandoned houses where the shadows live."

Either way I think some of you are getting a little too hyped over very little detail lol. I don't mean that in a bad or judgey way, I'm just saying... it doesn't seem like enough to go on to get hyped about to me. Granted I know when waiting until May, anything new can feel exciting.

17. ciao_fiv

Great Chester quote from when A Thousand Suns released, very relevant now: "As artists, [making music is] a completely selfish endeavor," he said. "We're making music for us, that we like. We're not making music for other people...We're not thinking, 'Let's make a pie-graph of all our fans and find out how many people fit in whatever category and then make the perfect album for them.' Like, that would be absolutely ridiculous."

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

That's just life. You do shit that you may regret later on, and keeping it all locked up inside isn't the most therapeutic thing.

19. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I don't understand why anyone would care about Chester saying he got high, unless you think it to be a bad lyric? But disliking it just because it mentions getting high is kinda strange.

20. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Actually i'm very hyped for that song. because it seems to be a very personal song.
    This interview shows how open he's about those things:

ciao_fiv likes this.