This Linkin Park 'Heavy' Rehearsal Is So Good It Deserves A Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 23, 2017.

1. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I was 2 years old when Meteora came out, and only a few months old when HT released, and now I'm almost entering my last year of high school. How's that for how old nu-metal is.

Abel and Modern Guitar God like this.
  2. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Alternatively, it can be a display of how young you are.

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

A Thousand Suns was LP's last good nu metal album.

:shifty:

4. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

Hey, morons!

Don't you realize that the people who dislike Heavy aren't all nu-metal heads? Or are you (as usual) trying to put anyone with a different opinion from you into a box?

I think many of you are so desperate to defend the band, no matter what they do.. that you're starting to outright accuse anyone who criticizes of being something they're not.

Heavy is a piece of shit, but I enjoyed the last few albums. Wrap your heads around that for a second.

Why must everything be so black and white: "HERP DERP ANYONE WHO DISLIKES HEAVY MUST LOVE METEORA" "ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS TRUMP IS A NAZI" "ONLY BRAINDEAD PEOPLE ENJOY CALL OF DUTY"

"DON'T ENJOY THE NEW LP TRACK? GO LISTEN TO BIEBER"

↑ this is the first time the mindless fanboys haven't been able to say that btw.

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Guys, if you want Heavy LP, listen to heavy LP

Sometime either in 2014 or 2015 I made a playlist called "Linkin Park Heavy" that was short enough to fit a mix cd

There's a lot of heavy songs to enjoy

From Hybrid Theory to Meteora to 7 tracks between MTM, ATS and LT to The Hunting Party to The Mall Soundtrack to LPU CDs there are plenty of heavy songs.

Just turn it into a playlist, sit back and listen, and ignore the rest if that is what you are into

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I've been simply saying that fans should respect that the band has, once again, made the music that they wanted to make. Just like with every other album they've done. They're not at all in the wrong for choosing not to make music in the style that you want, whatever that may be.

And comparing "Heavy" to Biebs' music is ignorant.

Iopia, Abel and LohithMohan like this.
  8. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

Nobody is saying that. There have been plenty of people that have said that they don't like heavy and nobody is attacking them or saying they are "nu-metal heads". Why? Because they had a respectful opinion.

We are just criticizing the people that think the band doesn't care about the fans and want them to make the music that they want just because they feel like the band "owes" them.

RapidGunner, Iopia, Sasuke and 3 others like this.
  9. Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

Okay so I find it pretty mature the way Linkin Park copes with all this negativity and the way they make fun of it all. But now the only thing I see is people not getting the Memo and saying ''YES!! GOOD JOB LP, RECORD THIS IN STUDIO VERSION'' Or people absolutely mad with ''THATS REAL MATURE GUYS, ZERO RESPECT LEFT FOR YOU''

How..??

10. A Wretched King

A Wretched King Foreword

wait so if the heavy version of "heavy" is so good it needs its own thread then yeah maybe LP needs to make another HT. LPA clearly agrees! Chester feelin' the heat from the fans that catapulted the band 15+ years ago?

11. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Hope you realize that when we talk about raging fans, we don't just mean you(you ain't THAT special). On every social media platform and even articles being posted, everyone is talking about Heavy and comparing it to their older nu-metal sound. Right now, fans are upset that the band is poking fun at nu-metal sound. Before that they were upset that the band released a softer pop-ish song. Before that, they were upset with some snippets we got from the band for the new album. Before that, they were upset that the band's previous album, THP, did not sound like HT or Meteora. It just goes on and on and most of the time these "fans" are being disrespectful to the band. To the very same band they praised as "making my childhood awesome" or "helping me get through my childhood".
    So no, we aren't referring to you. You are free to dislike this song heck even now, I think it's just OK. I've not heard this song as many times as I'd have usually listened to a new LP song. But it's simple tho, be respectful about it. When GATS came out, I heard that song day in and day out and I still do. It's one of my favorite songs from LP but I'm not whining about 'Heavy' like some immature brat.

If I were you(or the "true LP" or "old LP" fans), you know what I'd say?
    "You know what, I don't like this song. But the band seems happy with the direction. So i'll just not say anything more unless its constructive and not disrespectful because after all, these guys worked day in and day out to make this. I'll just wait for the album or I'll just wait for the next album because this album doesn't seem to be in line with what I'd like".

Iopia, Halfway Dwight, Abel and 2 others like this.
  12. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Defending the band? you are saying that as if LP has done some sort of crime. Its their band, its their music and its their wish. They do what they want and what they like. Its not their job to satisfy all their fans. Its their passion to write music they like. If you like it, its well and good but if you don't wait for the music you like or move on.Stop whining. If you like their old albums, listen to them (This includes all the 6 not just HT/Meteora). And i don't know why people are so pissed over a song. It is not the end of the world. LP left Nu Metal after 2003 and they've composed soft songs as well as mainstream pop songs (LOATR). Its not a new thing except the vocal style which is good and fresh. So In the end, it doesn't even matter to the band what the people think, they keep on doing what they do. Its your wish to stick with them or move on.

Iopia, Kilmer, Halfway Dwight and 2 others like this.
  13. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Anyone who starts a post off with "Hey, morons!" and then tries to shove a subjective opinion as fact clearly isn't worth giving much thought to.

Gravity_LP, brady, Iopia and 5 others like this.
  14. minuteforce

Exactly. All of us have different LP songs that we really don't like, and, yet, we can be cool about it!

Sure, it helps a lot to know that the band could easily do a 180 stylistically next round. But, even if they didn't do that, we're still in no place to demand anything of them. It's not owed to us.

Personally, if there was ever some long-term/permanent change that I absolutely couldn't deal with, whether that's musical or whatever, Linkin Park and I would peacefully part ways as artist and fan, 'cause I'm a mature adult and not a petty child.

brady and Captain-EO like this.
  15. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Thats just the unpleasable fanbase man. You have that with any band. I remember dream Theater, they did an album which was 99% shredding and stuff like that, fans were like "HURR DURR TOO MUCH SHREDDING..FILLER DURR DURR" then the next album is in comparision really mellow. Whats the response "HURR DURR WHERES THE SHREDDING MORE SHREDDING PLZZZ". Bothered them so much they wrote a song about it where the main chorus line is "Everything is never enough." And the problem I see with LP is that they made 2 nu-metal albums. Not that the albums are bad, but its basically enough to pigeon-hole the band as a whole. I'm pretty sure that if they made their first two albums in any style they have done ever (ATS, MTM, LT etc) people say "LP are an (insert album genre here)-type band and if they break from it its probably gonna suck.

Iopia likes this.
  16. lampshade

lampshade Member

I think it's crazy this conversation about who is a fan and who isn't.

But I think it's kind of scary how even the band thinks that a real fan has to accept everything they do. They have stated a lot that a real fan never complains and buys everything they do.

They admitted that they don't want fans that build their own opinion. If you don't think I'm right go and read some tweets from Mike...

That must be the new kind of American spirit. We're the greatest if you don't like us you are no fan and you never were.

I think for me it's time to move on. I can't identify myself with these stupid comments. It must be right for some 16-18 year olds, who are not able to build an own opinion and that is the kind of fans linkin park wants....

17. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    No.

Its okay to have an opinion. And you dont have to like Heavy, A Thousand Suns or anything after Meteora. But as a fan, tleast bring the band that kind of respect they deserve. Nobody told you to listen to other stuff. And after so much bitching and flaming all the years, do you think the band still enjoy this? They are crying for 10 years now, a time where they could move on and enjoy other bands.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    Halfway Dwight, Captain-EO and Abel like this.
  18. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen the comments under the picture with Dave Gahan on it? Gems include "Stop with these idiotic posts" (referring to the images with them holding the signs) "Seems like they're tolling the haters" "I'm close to unfollowing their page" aaand my all-time favorite "This MASSIVE advertising regarding "Heavy" which happens on FB proves one thing: You guys know that you have fucked up epically with this crap-song. I only hope that no one will buy that song, after all, that's the only way to make you listen. Even if you say that you don't care, I say, you do."

19. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

On an unrelated note, are you a Trump supporter? It would make sense

Iopia, Kilmer, Captain-EO and 3 others like this.
  20. minuteforce

I'm gonna need you to dredge this stuff up because, right here, it sounds like a wild conspiracy theory. The band are cool with different opinions