Linkin Park Release 'Heavy Teaser ft. Kiiara' & Reveal 'One More Light' as Potential Album Title

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 15, 2017.

1. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Does anyone have that video mike posted on instagram of how to play the song? Anyone know the chords? Pretty sure it's A - C#min - B, C#min - B - D, but not 100% on it.

2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Linkin Park is Sugar Ray. Part of the evil mainstream of pop rock. We need REAL bands like NIN, Radiohead, and REAL metal like Metallica to squash out rap, pop, country and fake music. Like if you agree.

Reanimate02 likes this.
  3. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

What about Tool? The great maynard james keenan

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Metalica and Lady Gaga duet album coming soon :kappa:

lovablepanda and Deliveranze like this.
  5. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I would honestly cry if that happens. Joyful tears

6. Deliveranze

NOOOOO!!!!....I mean, uh, always knew Metallica were pop sellouts. *clutches Radiohead records* It's a good thing I listen to real music!

7. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

You are the hero we all need.

8. frezer86

frezer86 Active Member

Definitely not hyped for this new single and album. Probably for the first time since early 2000's :(

"Rock music has gone this direction that's basically become indie pop jingles. It's, like, songs that could be on Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Disney channel. And I feel like I can't see myself writing music that's, like... I don't wanna follow that trend. Like, forget it''

These are Mike's words from 2014 interview for Radio.com, moments before THP release and I'm just wondering what happened during last 3 years that he and band decided to collaborate with pop singer and what happened to ATS era lyrics ? Did they lose their songwriting skills since then or what ? Lyrics for ''Heavy'' are incredibly cheesy, just like in any other radio friendly song that I'm trying to avoid like plague whenever I accidentally turn on the radio. "A Line In The Sand" was perfect closure for their last lp, spanning practically all previous albums and now we get this weak, boring song. I know it's still not a full song, but I don't have high hopes it will be any better than this what we've heard so far. And if first single is any indicator of album style then new LP might be strong competitor for the worst album in their entire career. I wish, they'll prove me wrong.

9. Deliveranze

^^^^
    I mean, like Derek said, contradictions are what keeps us on out toes. I mean they've disappointed me in the past but that's too be expected from a band that shifts genre and execution on every record. Heavy rock music doesn't mean free from bad lyrics and pop doesn't mean bad lyrics either. I wouldn't worry too much on the first single. Now if the second one comes and it's exactly the same style, then you can be wary :lol:

10. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

There's a music type for each of us. Linkin Park has a very diverse fanbase, because they've entered several different genres. However -- hear the album first before we judge the whole thing :) If the whole album is 70 percent of the new album: then yeah. I'd understand. But we know nothing or what the album is going to sound like other than the first single. Until It's Gone was a single from LP as well after GATS, and that song far from represented THP. I personally wish they would do something like THP with more electronic shit, but that's my own personal preference and expectations and dreams of them at the moment.

Or another ATS. But again, I absolutely loved all of their albums in each and every way. And again, we've only heard "snippets" of the song. Still not representative of the final product.

Bane likes this.
  11. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I'll drink to that! I think i got a solution that will make the entire LP fan base happy but LP will never do. ATS lyrics with HT sound just throwing it out there

12. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

People are saying this since MTM and they are still here.

Sasuke and Abel like this.
  13. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I never believed for a second that any of the statements Mike made prior to The Hunting Party were saying that he/the band were rebelling against the idea of ever releasing this kind of music. They were in the process of making an album that very likely would have sounded like the music they're about to release now, but decided that they wanted to make something that didn't sound like what was out there first. They essentially realized they were writing their seventh album instead of their sixth, and that The Hunting Party was the album they needed to make before they could justify making something like what they're making now.

14. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

No kidding. That video has over 60 million views on Youtube atm.

15. Blake

So people say they get some LT vibes for this album.

For me the vibe has always been MTM part 2, even before the album cover was released.

Therefore, I am curently listening to Minutes to Midnight as I sleep tonight in preparation for tomorrow! :headbang:

Forfeit to Break likes this.
  16. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Right off the bat you're telling Linkin Park "You are rock". They never set that for themselves. One of the best things about this band is that they're actively busting genres and not down with being pidgeon-holed as any one or even any two or three genre-based labels. That interview was in promoting The Hunting Party, which yes, THAT album, they wanted to do rock in the way they see rock, and think rock should be. Can you tell me they failed in that endeavour? The Hunting Party had several tracks that embodied that notion. Also, I'm sorry, but I can't see "Heavy" (what we've heard of it so far) being played on the Disney Channel or Nickelodeon, especially when Kiiara sings "fucking messy"... but that's a side note to the point I'm making right now.

Even if you don't like this song, there's no reason to think the rest of the album will be the same exact sound, so relax a little bit.

You're too stuck on labels and genres. Honestly, with all due respect, it seems a lot of people here are as well.

Ree, Sasuke and Dayz like this.
  17. Blake

I think the feature will mutually benefit each artist honestly

18. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has already been brought up -- sorry if it has, I admit I didn't scan over the entire thread, nor other threads in the last short while -- but if it does end up that Kiiara has this verse to herself, and I think we can agree she probably does and that it probably won't sound right if Chester tries to harmonize with her on it......

What happens when they play the song live? For Guilty All the Same, Mike did Rakim's part. Who's going to do Kiiara's part, since I imagine they won't drag her on all their tours, as she's busy with her own career.

This is the part where I imagine that somebody we haven't heard sing before (Phoenix, Rob, Joe) hilariously reveals a very feminine singing voice... but I'm kind of hoping they don't have a recording of her that they just hit play on during shows. That might be... odd... maybe they just let Chester sing it with his own voice. That, to me, is the best answer.

19. Reanimate02

Reanimate02 Well-Known Member

I think this track will undoubtedly be the worst lead single in Linkin Park history. The worst part is it sounds half-assed to me.. Mike's electronic percussion etc. It doesn't sound ANYTHING like the Linkin Park sound either, it's so generic and cheesy.

"It's, like, songs that could be on Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and Disney channel."

Sorry Mike but that's exactly what this track sounds like to me. Did all six members really sign off on this?

I gotta call out bullshit if I see it.. done making excuses for stuff like Recharged, Burn It Out.. if this is a straight up pop album then i'm out.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
  20. Blake

Yes, Chester would just sing it I assume