Linkin Park Clip #5 'Drum Idea' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

For those lacking imagination:

2. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

If LP made HT 3.0 you'd see how fast WB would promote it

3. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Nu-metal is dead since 2005. no one gives a shit about this genre anymore.

4. mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

i loved nu metal.. but but.. i must say i dont like their new albums so much. i like the old sound

5. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

It doesnt matter, id rather listen to nu metal than most of the shit on the radio these days. And for the 1000000th time, Mike and Chester clearly said that HT was never nu metal, HT was in a genre by it self

6. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I would lose faith in the band if HT3.0 actually happens

7. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Man, I love Hybrid Theory and Meteora since ever, but don't like any other things related to Nu-Metal or bands they still relate to Linkin Park like Korn, Limp Bizkt, Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, SOAD or Evanescence.

So, I agree with you. HT is not actually Nu-Metal. For me it's a fusion of Hip Hop, Alternative Metal and industrial. Meteora adds Alternative Rock directions.

8. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Dang, I have really mixed feelings/thoughts after hearing this clip. If I were to judge only the clip, since the full song has yet to be released, I'd have to say that I'm not digging much of it, except those drums. The drums have the "oomph" of what THP consistently had with its drum sections, but with a more chill vibe. The opening synth was alright, just not really interesting to me. Hopefully, Chester's vocals will be more dynamic in the final song, and not sound monotonous throughout.

It really is a shame that I'm not feeling more hyped right now. Album release cycles for LP are among my favorite moments in following music, and the recent clips just haven't held my interest as much as I thought they would. Let's see if the lead single changes my mind about this album cycle (I really hope it does).

9. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LP should ask Don Gilmore to produce the new album. We'll see if that make them huge again. I would love to see LP win another Grammy's.

10. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I am sure the little kid in Cleveland will be amazed :kicking:

11. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

They'll never win a grammy again. Critics hates Linkin Park :WTF:
    Last time they where nomineted for something was... 2008? What I've Done's live performance?

12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah, about as fast as an album rehashing a style that's been completely dead to the music industry for the better part of a decade, would be universally panned by any respectable music critic, and wouldn't even sell 100,000 copies deserves to be promoted, i.e. even less than LP's current material is being promoted.

I don't recall them ever saying that, and I doubt they're quite THAT pretentious to actually do so. Hybrid Theory was one of the pillars of nu metal, right up there with Korn's self-titled, Deftones' Around the Fur, Disturbed's The Sickness, etc.

Yeah, LP should totally get a producer who's still producing records for bands as irrelevant as Korn and Eve 6 to do their records in 2017.

RapidGunner, Avo, Bane and 1 other person like this.
  13. Knt.Slbs

Grammy's 2010. They have the potential to be nominated again for Grammy's. How? Find a new producer, collaborate today's mainstream artists then incorporate it to their sound to reinvent or revitalise band's scope in music.

14. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

No one produced by Don Gilmore is going to get anywhere near a Grammy.

RapidGunner, Avo, Bane and 1 other person like this.
  15. Knt.Slbs

How about Crawling from Hybrid Theory?

16. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

To be fair, I actually do remember them saying that. It might have been in a more "we weren't consciously trying to write nu metal, we were just doing our own thing" sort of way, but I think I actually do remember them saying that.

That being said, that doesn't mean I disagree with you. Hybrid Theory is nu metal by any reasonable definition. Not that it really matters, genres and labels are kinda silly. :lol:

Either way, I'd lose a lot of faith in the band if they ever put out Hybrid Theory 3.0. We got a glimpse at what that might sound like on THP, and I really don't want to go there. :lol:

Sasuke likes this.
  17. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

I'm still confident that the new linkin park would do better than anyone expected especially here but let's see ..

18. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Also, "Numb", as part of the "Numb/Encore" mash-up

EDIT: but I do agree w/ the general point.

19. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

I could've sworn I read about LP saying a while back that they did not want to be thought of as Nu Metal only. They did not want critics to constantly label their music, to stick them as a band to one genre or another. Hybrid Theory was a product of its time, to be sure, and no doubt had several characteristics of Nu Metal and other rock genres from that era. However, LP proved from the start that they can take a given genre, and truly make it their own. Calling LP a (former) Nu Metal band just doesn't make sense to me, given the band's philosophy about creating music that can almost blur the lines between various genres.

20. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

He meant nowadays.

Forfeit to Break likes this.