Linkin Park Clip #3 'Lyrics' Released on LinkinPark.com

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Noenemy

Noenemy Member

Indeed, very basic stuff so far. I really hope they took the time they need to make the album the best they can. And especially to get out of comfort zone, similar to what they did with A Thousand Suns. No more "Until it breaks", "Until its gone", "I'll be gone", "a thousand times" and all the other common "Linkin Park-words". Another intelligent and adventureous concept album (like ATS) would be awesome.

I kind of like the name Oneirism though. Think it makes sense and is pretty uncommon and simple.

P.S.: I've been coming here for years now, everytime new Linkin Park music is on it's way - and now this finally is my first post. Hello Guys. :)

hasbino, HybridT and Evan like this.
  2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I love how everyone is like "so basic." Yo chill, this was pretty early on in making the song, most likely. Let's reserve judgments for when we hear the final product :)

Bane and Abel like this.
  3. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Nice to see so many new members posting recently. Welcome to the LPA, all.

To the people lurking - sign up and get posting!

4. Noenemy

Noenemy Member

But isn't it basic? It's not meant negatively at all and of course we don't know yet wether this is early or late stuff they show to us. But everyone needs to admit that it sounds simple and basic. All we can say for now is that they want us to have a first impression and tease of what to expect. That's my impression. But sometimes less can be more, who knows. ;)

Iopia and Sasuke like this.
  5. CDXVIII

CDXVIII Member

Finally decided to migrate here from LPLive after lurking for a bit. Wayyy too negative over there.

Can't wait for the new single. I hope the new album is more thought provoking than it is cliché.

Andreina, Narc85, Abel and 3 others like this.
  6. Daniel Price

Daniel Price Member

I'm so looking forward to this album, never been more excited about anything

Also, I'm new, Hello all! :D

7. Mitch

Mitch YTB

I'm not extremely bothered regarding the lyrical content. As long as it's a good melody, I'll most likely enjoy it. Chester singing a few words has got me bloody excited.

8. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Like what I've seen and heard so far. Melody has a lot of potential. Still got my hopes up for them keeping it a fragile song. And for it to be simple production in the sense of instrumentation.

Daniel Price likes this.
  9. JacobM

JacobM Member

To me this is really exciting I think this is the first time we've had a super ballad like single sense in the end all their other slower singles have always had some electronic vibe or heavy instrument kind of influence if they go basically acoustic with a piano I think that really exposes feelings and makes the band very vulnerable with all those extra instruments in there it kind of sounds cliche like they're trying to make a rock record lake with the hunting party it was a really aggressive Rock record but it was like a standard Rock record there was nothing Magnificent about it it was great because it was Linkin Park LOL with this it feels like they're trying to actually express feelings the lyrics are always meant to follow the sounds of their instrument where here it really seems they focused on writing the song first finding their favorite lyrics the ones that feel most honest to the band and then making instruments around the lyricw it's always different every process is different and this can be the process where they truly write the song first then incorporate the instruments this could be something very special I feel like they're lyrics sometimes lack because they're trying to make the lyrics fit the song if they make the song fit the lyrics like they said they been trying to do then I think this is the album that we have been waiting for

Daniel Price likes this.
  10. Daniel Price

Daniel Price Member

I love what I've heard so far, it's a nice break from the rawness and heaviness of THP, now it's a more melodic, sombre approach.. I'm really digging it.
    I don't know what you guys think, but I think this album will put them back on the map for sure, it will be nice for them to be noticed more nowadays.

11. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Hope its a piano intro like in the end, than the guitars and drums kick in, it would be nice to hear more from hahn and dave

crazygolfer and Iopia like this.
  12. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

One Night definitely sounds like it could be an album title :D

Interesting observation. I went back and paused the video to look since you brought this to my attention. Thanks!

I'm not fully ware of what Kiiara looks like on a general basis so I can't comment on that part.
    Interesting. If you look at the shading of the left cheeks it does look the same though!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  13. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Yikes... this is the lyrics-heavy album they were going on about? This is quite bad. Phrases like "holding on..." "letting go.." need to be banned from LP's lexicon. It's just so obvious, bland and derivative.

14. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

We already know that the woman is Emily Wright :)

15. Blake

I pray this theory is right! It would be awesome if we got the album sooner rather than later :D

You are right. Linkkin Park is far beyond better than what Radiohead could ever be

Don't crush my dreams :(

But thanks.

Mercedes AMG likes this.
  16. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Gonna go ahead and take all the credit that other guy is getting for "one month" since I posted it a page before he did.

Also these speculative album titles all suck. But so did LIVING THINGS.

Bane likes this.
  17. Blake

Anyway, a new The 1975 song is also coming out the 21st so if the rumored date of 21 is correct instead of the 17th, that day will be off the charts for me :D

18. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Also wanted to weigh in on the complexity/simplicity argument re: the chorus for this (currently unheard) song.

Personally, I've always favored simple yet catchy choruses ahead of overly complex ones. As another member mentioned on an earlier page, they have verses for that :)

Sasuke likes this.
  19. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Yeah, sometimes simple songs are better than complex ones. But they've been on the studio for so long that we expect something more elaborated...

Narc85 and Noenemy like this.
  20. Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

True, but for all we know the rest of the song might be complex... or at least, at the right level of simplicity for it to be an effective track. I'll reserve my judgement until I hear it. I like what I hear so far though.

Deliveranze and HybridT like this.