LPU 16 has now launched

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 22, 2016.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Linkin Park Underground
    is starting up its 16th year with the introduction of several bundles now available for pre-order in the official webstore.

The bundles
    The first bundle is a digital-only offer that features a lossless download of this year's LPU-exclusive CD, at a price of $10. The LPU 16 CD features early versions of fan-favourites such as "The Catalyst" and "Lies Greed Misery" as well various demos from between 2010 and last year. The exclusive music is available for LPU members to purchase digitally right now.

In addition to the digital download, a digital-only membership to the LPU fan club gives you the following:

The second bundle is the $40 "LPU 16 Merchandise Package" which, along with digital membership features, features physical items including the LPU CD, a laminate and a welcome letter handwritten by LP band member Phoenix.

[​IMG]

The final bundle is billed as the "Deluxe Bundle + Membership" and, at a price of $89, combines everything listed within the first two bundles, plus extra items including a scarf and an enamel pin. This bundle is labelled "SUPER LIMITED", so get in fast if you want a piece.

[​IMG]

Additional information
    An official post on the Linkin Park message board informs us that the CD is only available in limited quantities: "Only the first wave of orders [for physical bundles] will include a physical copy of the LPU 16 CD. After that the LPU 16 Music will only be available as a Digital Download. LPU 16 CD not sold separately." Physical merchandise will begin shipping on November 8, 2016.

To find out more about these bundles and to join the Linkin Park Underground fan club, visit linkinpark.com/underground. For a place to post your in-depth review of the LPU 16 exclusive demos, stop by our message board.

AndreyKamensky likes this.
    Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

In case anyone's wondering - The Catalyst (2010 Demo), Bleed It Out (2007 Demo), and Lies Greed Misery (2010 Demo) are the only ones that have vocals...

EDIT: Also Consequence A, and Symphonies of Light

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016
    Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Uhh...Consequence A and Symphonies of Light have vocals too...?

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Short, but fun.

"Can't Hurt Me" was instantly likable for me, reminded me of one of my favorite LPU demos (Holding Company). It's like if THP was more pop-ish and upbeat. Wish "Air Force One" and some of the others had some more room to breath as they end kind of abruptly, but then again they're just demos. Some Radiohead vibes from "Symphonies of Light Reprise", now I want an acoustic version of "The Catalyst". "Dark Crystals", would like Mike on something like this on the new album, especially if the writing is good.

Makes me more excited for the new album, hoping it'll be one of their best.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

"Symphonies of Light Reprise" feels like they wrote a reprise for that line from "The Catalyst" to close out the album before they decided to do "The Messenger".

Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

My bad. I got this information from someone else before listening to the album myself. Corrected. :lol:

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Can't Hurt Me and Consequence B are alright... Still better than LPU15 tho.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I actually really dig some of those. Can't Hurt Me and Dark crystal are pretty good.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Eh, LPU 15 was better imo. Dark Crystal was pretty cool. The Bleed It Out demo is different, though I prefer the final version.

Lies Greed Misery was pretty annoying.

The Consequence demos were cool and the Symphonies demo was nice too.

EDIT: So what is the difference between The Catalyst demo and the final version?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    minuteforce

The mix is pretty different, Shinoda and Chester sing slightly different lyrics so there's different vocal takes, and the drum parts during the climactic ending section are different.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Appreciate it! :)

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I don't suppose they'll offer either of the physical packages through Amazon like they did last year, will they? >_<

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

LinkinPark.com Account and LPU account are the same or not?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

You get a LP.com account with a LPU account, you don't get a LPU account with a LP.com account.
    The LP.com account can then be upgraded to a LPU account.

Confused yet?

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Yep, after downloading the digital download sent via email (through the receipt), I was browsing the LPU Store then I'm confused why I don't have the access to LPU15, the bi-monthly ones. it says "Register". when I clicked that, It sent me back to LPU Home.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out why. Thanks.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I wanted The Catalyst demo for years. Didn't expect to be so close to the final version.

And Burberry is SPACE STATION (from stagelight... there's a much longer version online).

I feel betrayed about Burberry (Space Station). If they are saying it's from 2015, but Space Station was released in 2012... then they could be wrong about all the others demos too.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

brady likes this.
    mastae

mastae Some Honky

I dig it. As always, people will complain about receiving FREE demos, a look behind the curtain -_-

Dark Crystal sounds like it could have been a dope Mike-centric track, or even Fort Minor song.

EDIT: I was trying to think of what Dark Crystal reminded me of... It TOTALLY sounds like it belongs on a Saints Row menu soundtrack

I always have a blast listening to their scatting on stuff like the chorus in the Bleed it Out demo.

LOL @ LIES GREED AND MISERY DEMO HOLY SHIT. The scatting is killing me. I think I'm gonna put this on in the car when it's packed full of people and act like I think it's the shit.

Is that a Catalyst callback in Symphonies of Light? Very interesting...

minuteforce

Well, to be fair, it's not supposed to be free, but I digress
    Fairly safe to assume that it was being developed to be another reprise moment for elements from "The Catalyst" on "A Thousand Suns".

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I was saying in the shoutbox last night how much I appreciate the way this band always seems to sound completely different than I expected with each new album/bit of new music we hear from them. While it's entirely possible the demos shown for 2015 sound absolutely nothing like the record we're about to get, it's still crazy how completely different they sound from my expectations. I was expecting a sound closer to Blackbear, or maybe some atmospheric experimental r&b/pop type sound and these demos are nothing like that at all. I'll have to wait till I hear the completed new record to see how off my guesses really were, but so far I'm convinced I have absolutely no clue on what to expect from album #7.

And that my friends is always a good thing when it comes to Linkin Park.

Gibs likes this.
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

"Burberry" makes no fucking sense.

Vinifeijo likes this.