Linkin Park Discuss New Album and LPU 16 in Facebook Live Stream

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2016.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Oh God fuck no

sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

I think I know what Chester means by asking what would people think if the new album was their first. I think it is going to be a great departure lyrically and performance wise from anything that we have heard from them. Instrumentally it will sound like Linkin Park but everything else will be different. Like a new age has come for them, a new point for their careers, a rebirth, reconstructing the band once more. Sonically I don't believe they can suprise us anymore. I expect something diverse, organic and mostly mellow like MTM.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Chester said that THP will blow our minds before it's release, so all this hyping up from the band means nothing to me before I hear the album myself. Of course I want this album to be great, but I don't want to be let down. Don't want to be lead down the same old road.

Vinifeijo likes this.
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Like for the reference.

TheZlajaZlo likes this.
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. My first impression for most of the songs off of THP was mindblowing. Hearing songs like GATS, KTTK, Rebellion, etc was just an amazing experience the first time around, and every now and then, it'll hit me again (especially when getting your adrenaline going during a great workout)

Alexrednex and Sasuke like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

+1

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Well, that is just my opinion, but you get the point.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

To be honest, I have loved every studio album they have done (absoultely hate recharged), when the catalyst was released it was a little challenging for me to like, but after many many many listens I got into it, and then when the album came out, I loved it on first listen.

I am a big fan of LIVING THINGS and I also love the hunting party, love the rawness, love GATS and Rebellion, love a ALITS too, love the rawness.

So i am super hyped, having been a fan since Hybrid Theory EP and loving their new stuff more than their old, I feel this album could be special as they have taken more time with it than previous releases and also seem to be going all out.

I hope this album connects with people a little more though, I feel like being an LP fan having to justify it all the time to people and everyone just loving hybrid theory and I'd also like to see the band kept their headline status rather than slipping down the order at festivals etc, because they really deserve that slot for their entire career worth of awesome albums. I feel like LP are so underrated, I mean they are a big band for sure, but they have way more to offer than 99% of people that say they like the band realize.

Sasuke likes this.
    crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

I'm hoping the album sounds like a mixture of Savage Garden, Adele, Radiohead, and Elvis Presley.

Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

From what I have heard I am expecting a post Donald trump, vegetarian, anal grindcore kinda sound.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

LPU16 Tracklist

1. The Catalyst (2010 Demo)
    2. Can’t Hurt Me (2014 Demo)
    3. Dark Crystal (2015 Demo)
    4. Air Force One (2015 Demo)
    5. Bleed It Out (2007 Demo)
    6. Consequence A (2010 Demo)
    7. Consequence B (2010 Demo)
    8. Lies Greed Misery (2010 Demo)
    9. Burberry (2015 Demo)
    10. Symphonies Of Light Reprise (2010 Demo)

source: https://linkinpark.com/store/music/11401/lpu-16-digital-download

Iopia likes this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

5/10 are 2010 demos.

4/10 are post-THP demos.

This could be a hella-interesting LPU.

brady likes this.
    Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Hello everyone, LPU 16 is now live! I just purchased the 1-year membership for $35 (base price before shipping and handling, which ramps up the cost, unfortunately :(). That said, I'm still very excited, and am about to download the digital version of the CD!

Lastly, it was clearly stated in the description for the bundle that the physical copies of the CDs were limited, so who knows how many were actually made. After all CDs are sold out, there will only be a digital download available. I hope this helps!