Linkin Park Discuss New Album and LPU 16 in Facebook Live Stream

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2016.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park took part in a Facebook live video stream today where they spent 40+ minutes discussing the band's upcoming new album and LPU 16. You can check out the full video archived on Facebook below.

In regards to the 16th iteration of their official fan club Linkin Park Underground, the band said that it will most likely be coming later this week or early next week. There will be two packages to choose from that include items such as a shirt, a pin, a scarf and a 10 track CD that will include demos and unreleased tracks. The tracks known so far are a Bleed It Out demo (#84) and other instrumentals that were part of the creation of their yet unreleased album. More to come on this hopefully in the coming week.

The band went in depth about the process of making the new album. It's hard to really summarise their passion when talking about it but it was pretty exciting to hear the band discuss the recording process and differences that went in to making the new record. A lot of praise came towards the vocals that Mike and Chester have recorded along with how outside collaborators helped change things up in terms of their direction and recording techniques. It really sounds like this album is going to be something special and different but again we recommend listening to them discuss it themselves in the video above to come to your own conclusions.

What did you take away from the live chat and do you like how the direction of the new album is sounding? Let us know in our Forums!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Was a really interesting listen :) Cant wait for some more announcements.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Their focus on vocals is exciting.

brady likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Linkin Park Rebirth, that's what I've understood.

brady likes this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

What do you mean by this?

Also, all aboard the hype train!

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I think he means a brand new style of writing and a different thought process that has gone into making this album. It will most likely be a whole lot different than anything we've received from them before.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

A lot of great bits here, especially how passionate and inspired Chester feels with what they're doing, to them being introduced to new things they're not used to. Also, the band loves the vocal performances from Mike and Chester on this new album and how we'll be surprised by it, Chester calls it their "sexiest" work.

I want that LPU scarf, but that depends on how expensive that bundle will be. Since there are 10 tracks here, it seems they're getting rid of the bi-monthly method they did last time. Like the idea of them putting in newer demos to give a sort of sample of the new direction they're going.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I've been saying for months that what I want is a more soulful record. When Chester called this one their most soulful yet my hype skyrocketed.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

THE HYPE IS CRAAAAAZZZZYYYY. This album is gonna be LP's most important record since 2010.

Also, LPU 16 is giving me so much hype now. So the 2014/2015 demos will be instrumental. I assume the Bleed It Out demo will contain vocals then?

EDIT: Nevermind. Can't wait to hear the new Bleed It Out verses. The second verse in the actual song is one of my favs.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Tomorrow on Metal Hammer facebook page: "Linkin Park to release their SEXIEST album to date. Taste of the baby-making music later this week."

followed by angry comments how LP is the worst band ever and that they're not metal.

Captain-EO, Sasuke and Deliveranze like this.
    Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

It's the circle of LP's life. :p

Also did anyone notice Mike said Numb when discussing the tracklist? :shifty: So assuming that's on there, we know what to expect of 6 tracks.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm pretty glad to hear that they've put more personnel and more effort specifically towards making the vocals sound good. I think a lot of people here have criticised the last couple of Linkin Park albums over how the vocals were mixed, esp. the over-compression that sucked the impressiveness out some of of Chester's performances

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Yay, this is awesome.
    Chester says the lyrics are on a level that he wish he could write, and that gives me so much hope for the lyrical perspective of this record. Chester is great at getting into the mindset of the song and personalize it (case and point: Breaking The Habit). I have a feeling that this approach will make his performance even better.

Sasuke

Yes, exactly that.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wouldn't mind a more soulful affair this time around. The anger and intensity of The Hunting Party is fun when you're in the mood for it, but it's not an 'everyday listen' kind of album. I'd love a more laidback album with a strong focus on performances, lyrics and emotion. And that seems like that's what we're getting. Fine with me :).

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, at the very least, it sounds like this will be a pretty lay-down, chill, soulfull record. I'd be surprised to hear much, if any, "rock" numbers on it. I can imagine quite a bit of hip hop influences though.

That's quite interesting.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I hope there's no screaming or Mike raps.

Sasuke

Why?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I like the screaming, but, yeah, please no rapping. Please.

Kiq

Kiq We're a broken people living under loaded gun

I can't find the interview or stream, but apparently Mike said that the album would have a couple of rap songs.

Edit: My bad, actually are "several hip hop oriented tracks in consideration for the new Linkin Park album".

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12391