LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2016: "Runaway" Free-For-All

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jun 28, 2016.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

[​IMG]

JULY 2016

SURPRISE! It's been a while, but we are reintroducing LPA's Monthly Mix-Up contests right now. Some things are staying the same but other things are slightly different, so please read the following information to start off:

What is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?

LPA's Monthly Mix-Up is an ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month". To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one lucky Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the winner each month.​

How does it work? (The official rules)

1. In order to make the contest more interesting and a challenge for those who enter, every month features a theme that all entrants are required to abide by to submit a valid entry. Each submission must adhere to the genre(s) and any other specifications outlined in the theme to be eligible for a given round.

2. Users must submit their entry for this month's round as a reply to this thread, and may use SoundCloud or YouTube to host their works. Unfortunately, SoundCloud embeds don't currently work on our message board, so you'll need to simply provide a link to your entry if you go that route.

3. SoundCloud submissions must prominently feature this graphic in the track's cover art; similarly, all YouTube videos must prominently contain the aforementioned graphic in some way.

4. SoundCloud track titles and YouTube video titles must be in the following format: "LPASSOCIATION.COM Monthly Mix-Up Entry: [submission title]" - this is done to help spread word about the monthly competitions.​

If you have suggestions for future MMU themes, you're welcome to make a post in the MMU suggestions thread.

Please note also that, to keep in good standing with Warner Bros Records, Linkin Park Association will not be providing links to Linkin Park instrumentals/multitracks at this time due to licensing/copyright restrictions. It is the sole responsibility of entrants to obtain the resources needed to create their entries.

Our official theme for the JULY 2016 MMU ROUND is:

"RUNAWAY" FREE-FOR-ALL

For this round, we're challenging you to revisit and remix "Runaway", one of the standout tracks from Linkin Park's debut album "Hybrid Theory"! We want you to sample from the song and take it in any direction that you want - that could be anything from gorgeous piano-driven reinterpretation to a monstrous glitch-hop bootleg and beyond. Dig deep into your sound, bring your A-game and put a fresh, modern spin on one of Linkin Park's classics. We don't want you to enter a mash-up for this round, but sampling tracks by Linkin Park is nonetheless allowed. Whatever you want to make use of, make sure that "Runaway" is the focus of your remix.

Although we usually give you just one month, for this round, we're letting you start right now, before July even begins! To perhaps get you inspired, here is a remix that I've just uploaded to SoundCloud.

The deadline for submissions this month is July 31st, 2016, at 11:59 PM PST.

Welcome back.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'd love to hear a piano driven ballad version of this.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I would love to hear a remix of this, which dont include the song itself :kappa:

But seriously, good luck to all and i cant wait for your sounds :lol:

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Just to make sure - there isn't a high quality acapella of this track is there? I have an instrumental but not much sucess with inverting it over.

Then we've got the Reanimation version, 5.1 mix, Pre-Master and Stick and Move. That about right?

Edit: Just to clarify i'm not asking for a download link. Just a "yes or no this exists".

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

There's a pretty good HT acapella on youtube

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Yes! I love these, gonna have some fun with it. I'm not sure if I want to include the chorus or Mike's parts though, I'll see how it ends up.

Delicious Dave

[video=youtube;FwHpXIKlnZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHpXIKlnZs[/video]

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Awesome sauce. Cheers dude.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I might do something, we'll see.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Runaway multitracks exist but haven't been released yet. http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42516

I'd imagine this MMU choice was made under the assumption the multitracks would inevitably make their way into circulation soon.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We did it more because a really decent acapella was flying around. Not cause of the multis.

Delicious Dave

Can we do Pushing Me Away next? Because a good acapella exists of that and it's one of the better songs on the album.

[video=youtube;L1U_hyqZ89I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1U_hyqZ89I[/video]

minuteforce

I can say that PMA is definitely one of the options on the table for a future free-for-all round, but we can't make any promises at this stage.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Delicious Dave

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    billtoad

billtoad New Member

minuteforce

Let me tell you, you're definitely gonna get Derek's feet moving with this

EDIT:

For what it's worth, I think that the part where you use the "Guilty" instrumental actually has some potential.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"Let me tell you something, and I know a lot of things..."

[​IMG]