Mike Shinoda shares clips of new music

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 26, 2016.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Based on testimony from Mike himself, it's a combination of 1) a sample that wouldn't clear and 2) the song just isn't that good.

As to the rest of your post:
    No way to tell. This is most probably a rhetorical question on your part but your guess is as good as ours.

Hi. Welcome to the world. Glad you got out from under that rock. Record companies are VERY stingy about samples. See: The Grey Album, any mash-up known to man, Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby, Paul's Boutique, Bittersweet Symphony.

Why is this weird? The band doesn't talk about said track, so we don't know anything about it.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

I thought we closed the Pictureboard chapter with the podcast we did with Shinoda in December ... maybe everyone should just go back and listen to that again?

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

If you tell a kid not to touch something, what will the kid do?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

TOUCH IT!

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I hope it s not a Fort Minor thing because i could not care less about them , Welcome was just ok for me ... Aniway, maybe this is the Things in my Jeep thing , we ll see next week when it drops

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

This sounds dope. I am not sure at all if this is the Lonely Island track, LP or FM related but this is dope. Not sure what makes the lyrics bad? It sounds like the first line is obviously some Spotify punchline so it is clear this Mike's battle-rap type shit. Plus, it seems like this verse could actually be some of his dopest. I could see this being part of a verse where he is using more multis. Hell, this gets me hyped af. :p I'll be happy regardless.

If it's the LI song coming out, this will get Mike some good press I feel to people who aren't familiar with LP's music, if it's an LP song (I doubt it), well, it might not be exactly the type of lyrics I want on the new album but I wouldn't mind since these sound far better then, let's say, the Burn It Down rap verse. Personally, I hope this is a Fort Minor track. It definitely has a We Major vibe to it. I wouldn't mind either if this is just a random guest verse. I would be worried it could get shelved since it seems like alot of feature work they have done got shelved.

Those are my thought :p But I'm curious to see what this is.

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Why would Shinoda preview another's artist yet unreleased music on his personal Snapchat? @Astat

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

You could make it so that no one is allowed to access the boards unless they listen to the podcast in full.

:kevin:

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

We get two sneak peeks at any type of unreleased music and yet again... LPA complains :lol:

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I don't see many people complaining. :lol:

Deliveranze

I just hope this isn't something they will scrap or a demo we will never see again.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Personally, I'm definitely not gonna care if that happens, haha

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

*shrug* If Mike made the beat (entirely possible) and the only portion that he's previewing is his vocal, I don't see why not. You could argue that Steve Aoki did the same thing with ALTNC, yeah that was billed as an actually collab instead of a feature, but it was ultimately a track on LP's album (and apparently way more of an LP track than an Aoki track anyway).

Deliveranze

LOL suit yourself. :lol:

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

"Too many sounds" - Mike

I wonder how many people LP are collaborating with on this album. I can understand why some might not like that/they'd prefer the band do their own thing, but their input could lead to things we wouldn't have otherwise expected from the band. For better or worse that is, at least it makes things interesting. Of all the LP album cycles, this is the one I've been the most curious about.

Edit: Whoops, sorry Minute, didn't look to see if there was a thread for that video. It was so short I didn't think there was a whole thread for it, so I posted here.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42514

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

It just doesn't sound like a Lonely Island song. It's not fun in the sense TLI songs are, the four bars aren't anything humorous... I'm just not convinced.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

I bet Mike released this just because the last "studio update" was so under expectations. He saw the fanbase really upset with that video and released some snippets to compensate.

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

In all honesty this reeeaaally doesn't sound like a LP track, and I really can't see Mike just teasing something for the album out of the blue, LP is usually very careful with this stuff. The rapping style on the track and the way it samples stuff sound very Fort Minor. I can only really see this as being a Fort Minor track or that Lonely Island song, but who knows. I just love how everyone is freaking out about it though, I wonder if Mike ever reads LPA or LPlive and laughs at the hype train

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

He likes to troll people.