Martin Garrix premieres new song featuring Linkin Park at Ultra Music Festival Miami

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Mar 19, 2016.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Dance and Hip Hop are definitely some of the least appreciated genres here.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Hip-hop gets a lot of love here though. The Shoutbox often devolves into Kendrick Lamar Association. And a few on the forums MAKE EDM in their spare time. Polka and country are the least appreciated genres, hands down.

Deliveranze

I mean yeah, Kendrick, Kanye and a few others get love here. You're right. Probably polka and country get the least respect. Especially country, most likely due to the negative stigma of bro-country but I guess in the majority of Linkin Park's fanbase, people really don't care for it unless it is Mike Shinoda or Eminem. Though it is probably too much of a generalization. see it quite more than I'd like though.

Minus

Off the top of my head, I remember discussions on:

Kendrick
    Death Grips
    Run the Jewels
    Schoolboy Q
    Ghostface
    BadBadNotGood
    Lupe Fiasco
    A$AP Rocky
    Vince Staples
    MF Doom
    Drake

and so on.

You're making the mistake of saying the LP fanbase is representative of the LPA forums. A lot of people point out that this community isn't representative of the fanbase whenever we have a negative contrarian opinion (i.e. the low opinion of Meteora), but when it's in a positive light we're all cast as just like the LP fanbase. The majority of LP's fanbase only cares about Mike and Eminem, sure. I can see that. But don't make the mistake of assuming the LPA is the same way.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I will stand up for country! Not bro-country, but I love most 90s and early 2000 country. I like a few bro-country songs I guess, I just can't stand when the instrumentation strays too far from the country I grew up with though. When it opens with 808s and there's more vocal effects than actual vocals, I don't dig it.

Upon a second listen, I like the track a bit more. Even though I don't think it'll be something I listen to often, it would be awesome if the track became big and everyone knew a LP-related track again lol.

Deliveranze

Yeah, I should of cleared that up. My mistake. I meant LP's fanbase in general. Still, there are more than a handful here that still feel that way. As we are a pretty public forum. I know you, Spitz, Agent Sideburns, and Filip are definite exceptions but yeah, I meant in general. Not the point of my original post but I said "here" which implied the LPA forum. I'll take my L on that. I've lurked here awhile to know there is always more than a handful of exceptions that aren't part of the stereotypes of LP's fanbase. If this was a just a LP Youtube comments section forum, then I more than likely wouldn't have even bothered to sign up here. LOL

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I can confirm I like Death Grips about as much as oxygen and stuff.

:conflictedkappa:

Deliveranze

LOL Yes sir. Death Grips are dope. You got a favorite record. Mine is The Money Store.:cool:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Mine is ni**as on the moon, but, let's keep this thread on topic. ;) We have a Death Grips thread and I'd love to have a discussion going on there.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I like the song.

Btw, most of the musicians on LPA are either rock or electronic artists, if I recall correctly. So there is definitely a communal appreciation for dance music.

Deliveranze

Hell yeah. I'll check it. Thanks bro. ;)

RayCharlizard

RayCharlizard Active Member

Dope track, the rest of that dude's set wasn't bad either.

Edit: Especially that Weeknd remix.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Deliveranze

I really enjoy this. They get better with each EDM collab. ALTNC was eh to me, DTB was dope, but this is really good. Seems like some replay value.

Minus

Also, to be completely pedantic, what Chester is doing isn't harmonizing. If he was, he'd be singing different notes, like a third or fifth for instance. He's singing the same melody, so they're singing in unison, or doubling the vocal.

EDIT: In the particular case of the pre-chorus, there are 3 vocal parts singing different octaves of the melody. Sounds like Mike on the low, and Chester and Mike on the high end.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree. Garrix's brand of house music is much more my kind of thing compared to Aoki's, though, and that's probably a big part of it. Just the right elements aligning

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

There's a different atmosphere to it, definitely. Aoki's stuff seems more pop-like, abrasive and in your face. From what I've seen of Garrix (The linked concert), his stuff is a lot more mellow, despite still being dance music, there's more breadth to the emotion allowed in the production, imo.

Then again I could just be spewing bullshit about two artists I'm not that familiar with.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

This is definitely more electro house than progressive/big room like DTB was. Main differences being more distorted and aggressive synths which are more complex and intricate as opposed to DTB's more softer, brighter lead synth with significantly less distortion and growl.

Also, there are a lot of electronic dance music fans on the LPA including myself.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Awwww killed my vibe for a while.

I echo Minus's opinion on the vocals; I really like the blend and the tone of the verses and chorus. Plus, I really like the breakdowns compared to Darker Than Blood. Not sure how it compares to ALTNC.

What kind of EDM is this by the way?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

This track is dope. I really like it. Was kinda surprised at mike singing high in the chorus compared to the low in the verse. hmm..

Minus

Since Day 1, I've said I enjoy Mike's singing voice more than Chester's. This does not change that.

I just hope he put in the work and got over his nervousness to replicate performances like this live.