Marvel Cinematic Universe — Phase III

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, May 7, 2015.

1. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Holy shit :CUMULUS:

2. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I believe the same EW article confirms Mads Mikkelsen's going to be the main villain in the movie, too.

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Ryan Coogler (Creed, Fruitvale Station) is in talks to direct Black Panther.

4. Will

Ryan Coogler (Creed) was confirmed last week to be the director of Black Panther.

Benedict Wong (Marco Polo) has been cast as Wong in Doctor Strange, creating no shortage of confusion.

I'm pumped. Creed was fucking amazing and Marco Polo is really underrated and Wong's fantastic as Kublai Khan.

5. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Benedict and Benedict. Is it the name of a law firm or the next Marvel duo?

6. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

No love for Deadpool?

7. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Deadpool isn't in the MCU.

8. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I know, right?

9. Will

Your comments are confusing. This thread's for the MCU. Deadpool's not a part of the MCU. He's a part of the Fox X-Men universe. Thus there's no discussion of Deadpool in this thread. I believe he's got his own thread around here somewhere. In fact I'm pretty sure there's a Fox X-Men universe thread around here somewhere, too.

I love Deadpool and I can't wait for the movie but this isn't the thread to discuss it.

10. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy again. Way better than the new Star Wars. I can't wait for Phase III to start.

I feel like there needs to be a lot of Thanos development before Avengers 3. His story is so good and they probably should have given him his own solo movie to set things up better. I have no faith in MCU villains so I'm afraid they're going to fuck up another one that has massive potential like they did with Ultron.

11. Will

The rumors are that Thanos will appear in Thor: Ragnarok where he'll destroy Asgard in order to obtain the Stone there (I can't remember which one). Even though James Gunn has said Thanos won't appear in Guardians Vol. 2, I'll be surprised if he's not, even if he's not chasing a Stone in the movie. Then again, as far as we're aware, the Collector still has the Stones, so it'd make sense for Thanos to appear in order to retrieve the Stones from the Collector. I doubt he'll appear in Doctor Strange or Black Panther, and there's next to no chance he'll appear in Spider-Man. I'm guessing a lot of Infinity War – Part I will be a huge setup for Thanos, explaining his character and his motivations. I can see the first and second acts of the movie being Thanos's own storyline intertwined with the Earth storyline, where the Avengers are warned that Thanos is coming by Adam Warlock (who should appear in Guardians Vol. 2). Then it all comes together in the third act, where Thanos destroys the Avengers and completes the gauntlet. That'll set up Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp (they'll likely have very small roles in Part I). Then Part II will be the ultimate team-up between the Avengers, the Guardians and the rest of the heroes and the whole movie's going to be balls to the wall.

tl;dr I think Thanos will be set up during the first two acts of Infinity War – Part I. :lol:

12. Will

I don't have a link to it at the moment (I'm about to leave for work) but the Super Bowl trailer for Civil War was dope as fuck.

13. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

United. We. Stand.

14. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Divided. We. Fall.

15. The Joesen One

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25742...tion_on_marvels_guardians_of_the_galaxy_vol_2

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/phot...48103536156/10153165740966157/?type=3&theater

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/17/pom-klementieff-confirmed-to-play-mantis-in-guardians-of-the-gal/

GOTG 2 has begun production. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Glenn Close are all returning. Benicio del Toro isn't, as the Collector won't fit in the story, according to James Gunn. Kurt Russell, Elizabeth Debicki, Chris Sullivan and Pom Klementieff are new cast members, with Klementieff confirmed to play Mantis and Russell heavily rumoured to play Star-Lord's father.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  16. Will

I was surprised Marvel Studios managed to get Kurt Russell but then the more I thought about it the less surprising it was to me considering all the other big-name talent they've managed to secure for their movies.

A lot of people think he's going to be playing Star-Lord's father (which makes sense) but I think he's going to be playing Mar-Vell in order to introduce the character ahead of Infinity War. I think they'll cast someone far younger to play Adam Warlock (who I think is Star-Lord's father).

edit —

It appears Russell is indeed playing Star-Lord's father and the general consensus at r/marvelstudios is that should play Starfox/Eros, which would make Thanos his brother and Star-Lord's uncle.

edit 2 —

Hm. A lot of people are pointing out that the hologram at the end of Guardians that Nova Prime shows to Star-Lord looks amazingly similar to Captain Marvel – specifically Mar-Vell, complete with the starburst on the chest. I think it makes the most sense (now) for Star-Lord's father to be Mar-Vell and since we're obviously going to meet him in Vol. 2, perhaps we'll get an end credits stinger with Carol Danvers.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  17. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

MacReady!!

18. The Joesen One

19. Will

Gwenyth Paltrow will be appearing in Civil War as Pepper Potts, having last appeared in Iron Man 3.

20. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Maybe this will lead up to her becoming Rescue.