The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hawk, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Season 5 was the absolute best imo. This season is starting off very nice. Decent Season premiere, but episode 2 was absolutely on point. I expect much more good things to come along.

On a side note, I haven't watched Fear The Walking Dead. Would you guys recommend it?

2. DarkWolf08

DarkWolf08 Well-Known Member

yeah i recommend it! it is good! but not near the walking dead haha

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Skipped over Fear because of academics. My friends didn't like it that much though.

Also I didn't like Season 5 that much. A lot of the episodes were unnecessarily slow (as in a lot of expository dialogue, filler, stretched-out plot, STUPID DECISIONS), before it redeemed itself with the great Alexandria storyline. Season 4 is still imo the best post-season 1 WD season there and I'll forever defend the Beth-Daryl episode as one of the best eps in the series.

4. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The first episode of Season 6 felt a little all over the place for me, but I liked the ending. Episode 2 was awesome though!

I wouldn't really recommend Fear the Walking Dead as I didn't enjoy it that much. I could have easily gone without watching it, but it was only 6 episodes so maybe check it out if you have the time.

5. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

So, this episode...

I'm 90% certain that Glenn isn't dead. He's lying under Nicholas, the walkers were eating him, and the guts were getting on Glenn. He'll end up getting out like how he did back in season one, where he just covered himself in guts to get out of the swarm.

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Incredibly major spoilers: Ain't no way he's dead.

7. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Spoilers below, even for the comics

He can't fucking be dead..

1. No proper farewell for the character, like most major characters have gotten.
    2. Nicholas fell on top of him, as mentioned above.
    3. While they have strayed far from the comics on occasions, his death in the comics is something that has to be done in the show

8. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

You don't need anything proper for a show like this. Events this big happen one way or another and can be acknowledged in the following episode(s). Apart from that, incase you haven't realized, this show doesn't follow the comic down to the point.
    Spoilers below:

1. Nicholas falling on top of Glenn doesn't mean anything. The only reason that tricked worked in the past was because the blood and/or bodies were always walkers, not human.

2. As I mentioned before, characters such as Carol didn't survive in the comics, or Lori being blasted with a shot gun and crushing her baby clearly didn't happen in the show.
    3. Glenn is screaming in pain when he is knocked to the ground, the walkers' hands are clearly on top of him, and cue the sad music.
    4. Scott Gimple wrote this about last night's episode, "In some way, we will see Glenn, some version of Glenn or parts Glenn again, either in flashback, or current story, to help complete the story." Sounds like we'll see him in Flashback form and probably as a walker which is how the group will find out.

9. TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Spoiler below:

Glenn lives. He's been seen filming for as far as episode 14, and with characters that haven't been announced yet. He'll come back around episode 5 or 6 if what I've heard is correct, and it typically is from this source. How exactly he makes it out is uncertain, but it's likely that he either imagined falling off the dumpster or he just crawled under it while the walkers munched on Nicholas

10. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

spoiler

They ran out of bullets, which is why they pulled out their knifes, so how did Nicholas shoot himself?

11. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Glenn lives.

That is all.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Spoiler

It's so obvious that Glenn isn't dead, that if I didn't know any better...I'd say I was more worried for Rick at the end of the episode than I was for Glenn.

13. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Video from comic con this year, where the cast talks about characters they want brought back. Seems like it kinda confirms that big event (possibly?)

Jump to 1:42
    [video=youtube;8WEV13zWUlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEV13zWUlE[/video]

Also spoiler gif. Click carefully. Kinda highlights some things.

http://i.imgur.com/Ea9Yzps.gifv

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  14. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

15. The Joesen One

This season's shaping up to be repeating the stretched-out first half like season 5 and I don't like it. This season has been pretty underwhelming so far.

16. The Joesen One

Promising poster for the second half. They better step up following the pretty bad first half.

[​IMG]

17. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm pretty much past the point of caring about this show

18. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I haven't cared about it since season three. I enjoy the show on occasion but I'm nowhere near as rabid a fan as I was during season two (and I hate season two).

19. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I stopped watching during the third season. I watched the final two episodes last season and the premiere this year and it was a nice change of pace with the Alexandria stuff, but the writing is still pretty atrocious. It's hard to take things seriously.

20. The Joesen One

The second halves of both seasons 4 and 5 were really good, imo, but 1st half of season 5 and season 6 were astonishingly bad, so be thankful you kinda jumped ship before that happened. Like season 6 has reached season 2 level, and that's saying something.