LPA Podcast Episode 6: Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 8, 2015.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No, your eyes have not deceived you.

As some of you might remember, we held podcasts with some regularity for three or four years, but have not released one in about two years. That hiatus ends today with the long overdue Episode 6. For this podcast, "we have a very special guest for you this evening..."

Our special guest is Mike Shinoda!

While we originally intended to celebrate the ten-year mark for The Rising Tied and the 15-year birthday of Hybrid Theory, our pre-recorded podcast with Mike Shinoda turned into a wide ranging discussion. In about eighty minutes, we covered a vast array of topics, including but not limited to the band's upcoming 7th album, Mike's thoughts on 'recreating Hybrid Theory', his perspective on Linkin Park shows and other special insights into the music industries. Mike also took the time to answer some of the most frequently asked fan questions. It's one hell of a podcast, and we are incredibly excited to share it with you.

In the past, we streamed our podcasts live and provided a recording afterward. However, we felt a pre-recorded podcast would give all us the freedom to broach a number of topics and provide as much new content for you as possible. We hope that you enjoy listening to the podcast as much as we enjoyed doing it, and as always, we thank you for the support you have given to this site and for continuing to participate in this community. Without you, podcasts like these would simply not be possible.

We would like to extend a huge thank you to Mike Shinoda for taking the time to chat with us, and we would also like to thank Mike's publicity/management team for coordinating with us for this podcast. We are very grateful.

Listen to LPA Podcast Episode 6 featuring Mike Shinoda below.

Note: This podcast was recorded December 7th 2015 and features LPA Team members Derek, Joe, Louis, and Kevin.

DOWNLOAD:
    Mediafire (Mirror 1)
    MEGA (Mirror 2)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A long time in the making. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think this has to be the best interview/podcast featuring Mike that I've ever heard. He is seriously such a cool and down to Earth guy. I have a lot of respect for him for taking his time out to do this. Thanks, Mike!

Awesome job, guys! We finally did it. :lol:

I hope everyone enjoys this. Definitely worth a listen.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Wow cool. I remember you guys having a podcast! That was what got me into this site in the first place! You guys described your experience at a concert in I believe Camden, New Jersey (it was the podcast that discussed fat, drunk, hobo Santa Claus). At least, I hope it was you guys who made that podcast!

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This is really flippin' cool man. Gotta give this a listen.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Well, damn, LPA.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

You guys are great! This is such an amazing and intimate podcast. It must have been so much fun to record.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Where's the like button? :awesome:

Vic

Vic No game no life

Amazing, thanks LPA!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The direction of the new album sounds really, really promising. More attention to lyrics/vocals early on is fucking great news.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This. This really excited me. Having the music form around the song, rather than the other way around, can lead to nothing but great things.

minuteforce

Maaan, Shinoda sounds passionate. :)

That's just what the sound of Joe's voice does, I guess

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The Hunting Party will be easy to top in my opinion. I'm excited about this though. For 15 years they've made instrumental demos then added vocals, this approach is exciting. I hope there's a lot of Mike/Chester harmonies on this album.

Also, when have they made something that sounds like Portishead? The scratching?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

If they're recording a bunch of vocals over acoustic guitar/piano, I'm almost more excited for the demos than whatever the finished thing is.

minuteforce

The hidden track on the "Hybrid Theory" EP and a lot of the Xero demos have always reminded me of Portishead and trip-hop has shown up in little bits and pieces throughout LP's discography.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I definitely agree. Mike is so laid back and down to earth with the LPA fans it's very nice

Great interview guys!

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Listening! Haha sounds great to hear that the first people that are listening to the podcast are considered as 'probably the core fans' by Mike.. never felt that way about myself as a Linkin Park fan. 5 minutes in I already love the cast.

Thanks for the great effort!

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Very nice work, LPA team! I'm hoping to hear some more podcasts from you guys soon!

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Beast fucking job, LPA!!! Beast fucking job...!!

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

That was super cool! The only question I wished would've been asked is why there wasn't a 'making of' for THP! Still a fantastic podcast/interview regardless. Mike is such a cool guy, and thanks to Derek, Joe, Kevin, and Louis for all that y'all do for this site! Without y'all the community wouldn't be what it is today! I'm just genuinely proud to be a LP fan. The music, members of the band, and 'hardcore' community all really appeal to me. Thanks again you guys, and congratulations on a fantastic podcast.

P.S.- Sorry if that doesn't flow very well, but it's nearly 1 AM :chuck: