The Linkin Park Underground discussion thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by minuteforce, May 28, 2015.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Basically :lol:

We didn't get much last year, so we're owed some! :halfkappa:

LPU XIII had a lot though to be fair. Still, it'd be awesome if we got a few new full songs to listen to.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I hope they've still got some old vocal demos, but I guess they are slowly running out of those or already have. :(
    Though things like last year's Breaking The Habit demo - while this one was not that pleasant to listen to :lol: - keep me hoping for more such stuff.

iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

The thing I liked about that demo was we could really see how far Mike's vocals have come, and it was nice to see the demo that Chester heard at first.

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

To be honest I could care less about demos of Album tracks. I'd prefer entirely new songs (although I don't mind vastly different things..for example the three UIB demos or the Primo demo). Although unlikely I would see more cookie songs releeased

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I agree, but I'd also add alternate takes to that list, things like AFN with Mike singing, etc. I wouldn't be complaining if we got AFN or FM with Mike on lead vocals.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

What I'm mainly hoping for on LPU 15 is a nice mix of ATS and THP demos. We really have not heard too many ATS demos in recent years, just a few. There is no doubt in my mind that LP made some interesting early seeds or demos for THP that just didn't fit their vision at the time. I feel that all their other albums have been well represented thus far on LPU CD's (maybe a few more demos from LT could be released).

Lastly, I'm not so sure that the instrumental demos from 2008 and 2009 on LPU 14 really count as ATS demos, since their direction is entirely different from the final product. They are much closer to being metal in some cases and aren't quite as electronic as ATS. Actually, I'll listen to LPU 14 again sometime soon to confirm this.

JonasTheRoman

I also think it would be nice to hear some "proper" ATS demos. Not that I haven't been completely blown away last year, hearing those metal demos marked as "ATS demos". But listening to demos of actual songs which made it onto the album, or perhaps demos which didn't make it, while still following the electronic approach, would certainly be very nice!
    But one must say that - excluding THP - LT got the least attention on LPU CDs until now. I would have no problem with this fact changing this winter. :lol:

Xero-G

Yes, the lack of LT demos is indeed apparent on the LPU CD's. I wonder if there are any "non-folk" demos of LT songs that we haven't heard yet, as in demos that are much closer to the genres covered by the final songs.

JonasTheRoman

Until last year's release, there where also very sparse demos of ATS.
    So maybe we will see the LT demos in 2016, if they would keep up 4 years between the album and the demos as a "release cycle".

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

LPU is a very neat thing that LP has put together (Lorenzo and lulu too!). I like the overall idea of it, lots of little things that make it one nice service for the above and beyond fans. I do like the CDs they put out, merch is cool, and all of live stuff is nice.

One thing I don't like about LPU, is isn't enough for what the price is. Sure I'll pay the money because I support the band and want those extra opportunities/music, but $55 is a bit much for a CD, T-shirt and a little lanyard, guitar pick, and note, overall should be valued at $35 IMO. Yeah the chats are nice and all but it's nothing special, just average chit chat for about 20-30 minutes and that's it, and the people that use LPU talk but the fan base on LPA is way larger, so I don't use that aspect of it. I just think there should be more opportunities/things for the fans to do with the site, maybe a trivia section or a song/lyric reference section or just something to make it one step further than what it is, to make it that $55

But I do applaud LP to do such a thing for an incredible fan base, and I'm definitely not complaining about it, I just think more could be done to improve.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Looking at it now, I'm thinking that LPU could do well to provide potential new members with more choices when they sign up, with corresponding prices. For example, people who are interested in ticket pre-sales won't be inclined to sign up if they don't get the sense that the band will tour in their country that given year. I'd imagine that a lot of people are signing up or are thinking of signing up are after just one or two specific things; if I signed up, it would be for the CDs or digital albums and that's all. So, by being more flexible in that regard with their offers, I believe that the fanclub could attract those people who are on the fence.

Xero-G

I actually forgot that this particular thread existed until a few minutes ago, so I'll just repeat what I said in Random Chat :lol: :

I'm somewhat surprised that we have yet to hear any bit of news regarding LPU 15 by this point. If I'm not mistaken, LPA members have discovered new track titles that could possibly appear on the CD at that BMI website around this time of the year in the past. I will continue checking BMI to see if anything is updated with LP.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

I hope we FINALLY get Grecian and the long awaited meteora demo thats on lptv making of meteora. The one that rob was tracking that had piano. Every year I hope and it never comes. Maybe this will be the year!

minuteforce

I've assessed the pros and cons and I think I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you that you're very probably not gonna get any of those on the next LPU CD.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

LPU 15: "Let's Get All Those Fucking Demos You Want Out Of The Way So You Will Stop Asking About Them And We Can Surprise You"

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

I like it, would make a lot of fans happy to finally hear some of these long time in-demand demos.

Is there a good reason not to put them out?

minuteforce

Perhaps the same reason as every year, whatever that reason is. You'd have to ask Shinoda.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I'm really surprised that nothing has been said yet about LPU15, but it should be very soon.

Anyways, I hope we get some more ATS and THP demos, cause we have barely any demos from ATS, and I'm tired of all these plain demos from LT or MTM era

(Not trying to complain but it's my opinion)

minuteforce

I haven't been too impressed with LPU CDs since maybe 6.0 or something. I listen to them and whatever but only out of obligation and, in the end, I don't really care too much about them so I don't get upset at all. They're just a little treat for members but, I guess, for some people, they're the main reason for a membership so I guess that, maybe, once in a while, they'd do well to find out what fans might want and see if they can deliver that

If LPU haven't completely forgotten that they're supposed to be putting out a fanclub-exclusive CD this time of year, I'm fairly certain that the announcement will come right after this "XVLP" thing comes to an end.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Then we will have some "XVLPU" thing...