Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

No... Stop discriminating against the power chords man... Power chord lives matter too.

2. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I think they're very effective in Roads Untraveled. I think In My Remains and I'll Be Gone could really benefit without the power chords though, I'd love to hear that. Maybe Valentines day's guitar 'drop' could be more interesting as well.

Roads Untraveled isn't even really just power chords like there are in IMR, IBG, or KTTK, it's octaves that echo the chorus melody (yes the other songs have some other guitar parts, but you get what i mean).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Maybe, but, considering LP's other songs, I think "Roads Untraveled" is pretty much flawless. I think we should just appreciate it when they come up with a song this good :p

4. Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

I think the powerchords do the song just fine. I think a nice solo along the lines of Final Masquerade could have spiced it up a little, but the song is beautiful enough already.

5. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The only thing wrong with RU is that it has what should've been the end of Victimized attached to it at the beginning.

EDIT: just listened to the song and reminded myself for the first time in a few months that I still absolutely love Linkin Park.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, it's so easy to forget the good songs are actually really good

7. Filip

I'm listening to that second half of Living Things, it's all songs that are so fucking good. The album should get more credit than it does.

8. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

The first half and second half are like they're from two different bands. The quality difference is ridiculous :lol:

9. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I like the first half of Living Things and think its pretty great. Go ahead, burn me.

10. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

...to the ground? :kappa:

+1

11. Filip

Same here.

12. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Filip cares about Linkin Park?

Since when?

:kappa:

13. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Well I also love Roads Untraveled, but I know there are not exactly few people out there saying: "I don't like songs where half of the length they are just singing 'whoah' ".

I think it's one of those songs you rarely listen to, because they didn't stood out too much, but when you listen to them again you realize how good they actually are. Applies to a great portion of LT as well, like others already said.

Edit: Skin To Bone is another such example. It got kinda boring really quick, but it actually has a very nice atmosphere and cool sounds and effects. I think it could've really benefited from a little instrumental, atmospheric break after the final "Let tomorrow have it's way, with the promises betrayed", where the melody get's a little bit more bright for a really short moment. This could've led to a bridge - or how one would call it - featuring a brighter take on the melody and leading into a climax, which the final song lacks, unfortunately.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  14. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Lift me up, Let me go

I like the first half more than the last half. The first three tracks, Castle of Glass, and Powerless are my favourites off the album.

Also, I quite enjoyed the guitar in Roads Untraveled, it's one of my favourite parts of the song.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  15. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I like all of Living Things. It's a pretty underrated album tbh. Or, at least, underappreciated.

Gibs just posted in LP Chat. WTF?!!

16. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Wow everyone is finally coming out of the woodworks and defending this album? Has hell frozen over?

17. Filip

I've been in this camp for a long time. It's Gibs who's really surprised me.

18. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yeah, right? Who used what sorcery to make him say that? :lol:

19. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

It really is great to see more positive things said about LT. Like Filip, I have liked this album ever since it first released, despite what the naysayers kept insisting. I would even go as far to say that the second half of the album has amazing moments, and I do not say this lightly. Stand-out songs for me have consistently been LITE, LGM, COG, Victimized, RU, and UIB. The others songs are at least good, as well. Truth be told, there isn't one song on LT that I entirely dislike!

On another note, has anyone heard/read anything related to LPU 15 and what it may include? I was hoping there would be a news update or reveal about the CD in time for my birthday :lol:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  20. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

We don't usually hear anything until November, right? Did a quick forum search to check and that seems to be the case.