July 17, 2015 - Nanjing, China

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jul 16, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/071615-045649_THPTC-2 kopia.png[/thumb]​

China gets their own tour!

Linkin Park makes a triumphant return to China after a six year abscence from the country. They have never performed in Nanjing before, so let's just talk about the history the band has with the country as a whole instead. The band first set foot in China in 2007 as part of their Minutes to Midnight touring for a single performance in Shanghai. The band were set to play shows in the country as part of their 2008 Music for Relief: Asia tour but due to Chester getting injured in his back and being under doctors orders, the band had to cancel that whole five date tour and a standalone date in Las Vegas, set before this tour. So they came back to China in 2009, making up two of the missed 2008 dates. One in Shanghai and the other in Macau. During their Shanghai concert, the band were put under heavy restrictions, forcing them to remove Given Up and Hands Held High from the setlist. As you can see below, this was not the case at their 2007 Shanghai date where Given Up was performed.

[video=youtube;O41LkC11mwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41LkC11mwA[/video]
    Surprisingly good quality for a 2007 recording

The band has just had almost a months break away from touring, their last show being on June 30th in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This was the first stop they ever did at both the festival they played at, Summerfest, and in Milwaukee as a whole. But instead of me talking about the show, here's a video for you to enjoy from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, recapping the show.

[video=youtube;lBgo34NCku0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBgo34NCku0[/video]

and here's a video example of the aggressiveness of the show

[video=youtube;oSGb2K3aSXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGb2K3aSXI[/video]
    RIP headphone users

So let's talk about this performance in Nanjing, because there has been talk about it for a bit now. A few weeks ago, a picture showing what songs the band were planning or considering playing at this tour came out. It came from a form that the band had to submit for approval, like at the 2009 Shanghai show. The talk around this picture revolves mainly around the fact that Keys to the Kingdom is on there.. and if you remember back to the start of the year where the band adressed and mentioned that that song was on their radar to be played. So can we possibly see the song premiere live on this tour? We can only hope.

After this the band heads over to Shenzhen on the 19th and then returns to Shanghai on the 22nd.

Are you going to this show? Do you think the band will switch things up in the setlist? Come and discuss in our forums

Remaining Tour Dates:
    19/7 - Shenzhen @ CR Shenzhen Bay Sports Center Stadium
    22/7 - Shanghai @ Shanghai Hongkou Foorball Stadium
    24/7 - Chongqing @ Chongqing Olympic Sports Center Stadium
    26/7 - Beijing @ Beijing Worker’s Stadium

SETLIST:
    01. Papercut (Extended Intro)
    02. Given Up (Extended Outro)
    03. Points of Authority (Shortened Intro)
    04. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    05. A Line In The Sand (Extended Keyboard Intro)
    06. From The Inside
    07. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands Transition)
    08. Wastelands
    09. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Martin Luther King Jr Speech, Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    10. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    11. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    12. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    13. New Divide
    14. Breaking The Habit

15. Darker Than Blood [Shortened] (Synth + Acapella Only)
    16. Burn It Down
    17. Final Masquerade

18. Remember The Name [Shortened]
    19. Welcome (Extended Outro)
    20. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)
    21. In The End
    22. Faint (Extended Outro)
    23. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall of Noise Outro)
    24. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    25. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Sing-along; Ext. Ending) (Shortened Intro)

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Six years without Linkin Park? Damn, it's about time they get a tour, good for them.

daniel624

daniel624 Member

I'm going to Shenzhen show this Sunday!!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Thirteenth time's the charm.

TOSSED THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM DOWN THAT HOLE IN MY EYE

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[​IMG]

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Before their Living Things tour stop in the Philippines back in 2013, we had to wait NINE years without a tour (since the Meteora days).

Since it seems like they're not coming back yet, I hope we don't have to wait for another nine years :(

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

This is definitely their worst era, in terms of promo and concerts. The setlist is boring and incredibly repetitive. I was hoping they would add some new song or at least make some changes on it. But no. :sleep::sleep:

Can't wait for the next album cycle :ermm:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, in the band's defense, the setlist stays largely the same during the whole cycle because they're not playing to the exact same people each and every night. In addition, as well, people in China haven't had the chance to see Linkin Park live since 2009 so, for them, the setlist is largely new material.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's no defense at all. When NIN tours, they'll switch out songs nightly, rearrange the setlist, throw in rare treats, and sometimes completely overhaul.

Just because you're not playing to the same audience each night doesn't mean you can't do anything special for them. Especially in the age of the internet where we document everything and can go, "Oh wow, they've played literally the exact same setlist for the past few months."

Filip

Not once has LP won in a LP x NIN comparison.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

:rofl:

Is there a setlist I can view?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Sure. Here's a link: Link

I did a random selection of 8 shows from NIN's Tension Tour from 2013. I color coded the setlists as the following:

Blue: Songs from the new album that were played at every show.
    Green: Songs from other albums that were played at every show.
    Yellow: Songs that were played at all shows except one.
    Magenta: Songs that were played at all shows except two.
    Gray: Songs that were played at half the shows.
    Orange: Songs that were only played at three concerts.
    Red: Songs that were only played at two of the concert dates.
    Black: Songs that were only played once.

Yes, there's a lot of green and blue tracks. But there's wide variation from setlist to setlist.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I remember back in the Living LP finally switched it up for their setlist in their Asia tour, but they added a shitload of HT tracks instead because their Asian fans are mostly metalheads. :/

Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

Yikes,

I have to say the rampant negativity towards set lists is really disheartening. You're not at the shows, why do you care? If people spent less time combing through every single set list there might be an ounce of surprise when you see them live.

Just a thought.

Filip

We, as fans, have the right to say what we feel, be it positive or negative. Most of us feel like the show is incredibly boring by now, and the band hasn't really put any effort into changing anything in the past year.

As much as I love and praise LP, I, and the rest of the community are allowed to "complain" about this.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Why do you care that others care? Most of us, including myself, discuss and pick apart these things knowing that our opinions don't really matter in the scheme of things. :)

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that the current setlist isn't one that I would be satisfied by, and I'd really consider just not going if the band came to my city. As for surprises, well, there are some who say that the band should make the effort to surprise the kind of people who follow the setlists online ... and some others who disagree. Opinions. Perspectives. Pros and cons.

Cure4thItch

I didn't mean to imply that you CAN'T express yourself...but do you ever check yourself and consider the value of continued rallying against a global entity and band who seems pretty happy with what they're presenting.

Just my two cents...as a fan and human being. Just expressing myself and opinions.

Cure4thItch

Well, I suppose most threads that I take time to read contain negativity toward the band in some way...it's hard not to "care" (for lack of a better word).

3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

Most of the things the band have been doing since the last months are disappointing for some people here (including me). It's normal we come here to express what we feel. That's the reason why this forum exists, doesn't it? If all the opinions were positive, this would be kind of boring I guess. In addition, it's not like we enjoy posting negative opinions for the band we love. I don't like it, but it's what's happening now and we have to face it.
    I really try not to post negative opinions, I try to support the band, but I can't lie to myself. Most of this era has been underwhelming for me.

I agree with Minuteforce. If they come to my country (I highly doubt it), with that setlist... I wouldn't spend money on that :sad: