May 9, 2015 - Las Vegas, NV: Rock in Rio USA

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 8, 2015.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Calling Chester weak? He sounds great. I just saw him with stone temple pilots (I had front row too) on April 24th, in DC. He was amazing with STP, his voice was great, he was getting into the show too. He isn't weak at all, appearing to me, i don't know about you.

-------------

ALITS live: great, could be a bit more polished on the tempo and stuff. The crowd S-U-C-K-E-D

Would also love to see KTTK make a live appearance

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

My problem with ALITS is the drums. Why it's so sloppy and the snare sounds like loose or something? The drums are horrible. The Berlin show last 2012 was way much better in terms of drums performance.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

My exact thoughts. The drums needed to sound way tighter (unintentional pun, I mean accurate, etc) than they did there.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

GATS needs to come back.
    With that said, I am surprised by how good ALITS sounds live.
    I agree the drums sounded a bit weird but Chester was pretty much on fire throughout the whole song.
    Still not a HUGE fan of the song but at least we get to hear something new!

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Loved ALITS! Great stuff all around. Mike is like how I feel like I would be in that scenario, over-thinking, but wanting to achieve 110% output. Respect. Chester nailed his parts (I think did a better job than on the actual song) and really tried to amp the crowed up throughout the piece, and I feel like the crowed never gave a satisfactory response; Chester really likes this song. I like the COG remix and original, but the remix is more fun imo.

Perhaps it's not their first time doing it so maybe that's why nobody mentioned it, but I really enjoyed Mikes verse on Numb Encore, where he replaced "Brooklyn Boys" with "L.A. Boys" for obvious reasons..

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Chester sounds surprisingly good for a guy who just emerged from a long hiatus. He usually leaves much to be desired at the beginning of a tour, but his singing is better than usual. The only guy who somehow messed up a bit is Rob.

In other news, "New Divide" AND "Burn It Down" actually sounds pretty good here.

And that place looked pretty cold.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I'm kind of annoyed/disappointed about how uncomfortable Mike still looks/sounds while singing live.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

His singing here is much better than I expected, compared to most of their Victimized performances, COG, Rebellion, for example.

Joshua

Joshua is Mr. "to many Mind"

I heard only 3 or 4 songs and he wasn't great to me, but quite good though; better than the last times. I think that LP_Evan and I are just a bit to spoiled^^. I'm still comparing, that's how it is....and that's make me sad, because i know how amazing he was back in the days. I will try to accept it, he did a good job, gives always everything on stage. :)

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Good job on the post, Kevin.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Yeah, he actually sounded quite good here, but in general he's still a very weak singer live. It's strange, he seems to nail it every time in the studio, so he can definitely sing, but it just goes to show how difficult it is to sing well live.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Thank you, Rob. I appreciate it.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

I don't know, to me he's been sounding weak with LP since their 2014 shows, but with STP I agree he sounds pretty great. I saw the Yahoo webcast where he dyed his hair pink and he sounded good, so I had high expectations for this show but he just didn't sound as good to me. I'm considering seeing them when they kick off their tour in Cleveland.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Every time there's a webcast, people complain about how much the crowd "sucked."

Every time there's a webcast, someone who understands how shit works (usually me) explains how the audio on a webcast feed is usually a direct feed from front of house, and as such, the only ambient venue noise you hear in the mix is the bleedover from the stage mics, which aren't pointed at the audience in the first place.

So until next time, when it happens all over again, I leave you guys with a defeated sigh.

Edit:

This festival is specifically separated into a "rock weekend" and a "pop weekend." I don't know how much more "rock festival" you can get.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Solid debut for ALITS.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Glad they only (and did) cut "Runaway". All these shortened songs made the setlist... kind of messy.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Yeah, really not a fan of cutting so many songs short. Awful idea.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Someone who gets it. And you could clearly see in a lot of places almost everyone going with Chester on the "Hey"s and other crowd parts.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Yeah, from my experience, there were actual LP fans in the crowd singing along and having fun amidst them. The crowd was dead at times, but they didn't really suck.

20. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Hey, I've been saying that the crowd looked pretty enthusiastic with all the glow-stick waving and that its probably the stream that isn't right for days now, dammit.

On a serious note, I am not a big fan of ALITS but the live version was great.