The Venting Out Thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Squish Mitten, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Man , that isnt normal, i wish i could help you somehow :(

2. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I've been so incredibly lazy lately, in every aspect of my life and it needs to change. I'm so tired of feeling disappointed in myself all the time and feeling like a failure. So tired of people asking about certain aspects of my life and having to give them answers that I know will make them feel disappointed or make them think less of me. Tired of comparing myself to others and feeling like I'm not enough.

As of today I'm going to make it a goal to make me feel good about myself for once. I'm going to stop procrastinating and work harder on my studies, start doing more around the house, start putting more effort in my social relationships and start making it a point to excersize at least three times a week. This is probably easier said than done, but like I said, change is needed.

I'm normally not one to share my feelings like this, but I'm hoping writing it down like this will help me actually get started.

3. Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

That's amazing, Lotus. Keep your head up. The Law of Attraction truly does work: if you think positively, you'll end up with positive results.

It's weird, because it's almost like I'm looking at something I also wrote in the past, so I can definitely relate. Taking the jump from a passive to an active lifestyle can be intimidating, but the end results are fantastic. Since I've taken a new attitude and direction (thinking positively, stay outside, smile more frequently), I've lost a significant amount of weight, my face cleared up, I've made Dean's List each semester, and am generally much happier.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you've done the hard part. You made the realization that you are no longer comfortable or happy, and instead of getting caught up in the rut of things, you're picking yourself up and making a change. That's something to be proud of, but the work is just beginning. Remember that a winner makes commitments, and a loser makes promises. Stick to this new philosophy and watch your world change for the better. Nothing happens instantaneously or without effort on your part, but the victories start happening more frequently and on a larger scale. Trust me.

4. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

That was inspiring, Apop. Thanks from me. I hope its true. I feel like everything Lotus said too. I am a huge slacker and just have crappy self-control in general. I suck. I pretty much hate myself. So, now that school is over, I wanted to go for a big change for college. I go out on lengthy walks, pretty much trying fully cut down on all the junk food I consume. But that's easier for me though.

I have entrance exams in two weeks and I need to go study two years of physics, chem and math but looking at the tough questions just makes me give up and come back to procrastinating. I feel like I can't change this nature.

5. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I'm really happy for you that you were able to make that change and make a better life for yourself. I'm hoping I will have the discipline to do it too!

Good to see you've already made some changes, keep it up! :) I know exactly how you feel when it comes to procrastinating and feeling like it's in your nature and like you can't change it. I don't know if I'll able to make the change, but I'm really going to try. I'm just sick of going to bed at night and laying awake feeling bad about not having accomplished anything that day.

I hope you'll be able to make the change as well.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And more chocolate too, don't forget that ^_^

7. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Well I'll join the club, too. I'd given this thought for a while. After not making the soccer team this year, that was a huge realization that I need to get my shit together and work hard on my own time (team practice and workouts wouldn't suffice). Not to mention I'm disappointed in my weight and overall look of my body. I was planning on starting working out this winter after the season ended, but then I got injured my wrist and now I'm trying to focus on school to get out of my finals. But starting once summer begins, I plan on working out almost daily, whether it's running, ball skills for soccer, or weightlifting. My goal is to make Varsity, even if that means just riding the bench for Varsity and playing JV. I'm tired of being the fool. I want to finally have some damn confidence in myself.

8. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

i really need to do some exercises too, but i dont know what kind of exercise to do, gym is boring and i don't want to do it again. i feel like a fat oldman guy after so long without doing nothing. i think that one of my few real goals in life is to be as healthy as i can, and not having that big belly when i reach 40-50.

9. Michele

I really need to lose some weight, i feel not bad , but i am fucking overweight :timothy: Maybe this summer will be my time :(

10. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Tip #1. Ditch bread!

11. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I read "beard" and was about to attack you. :lol:

12. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

Plus soft drinks. Try to mostly drink water or tea and maybe allow yourself one or two glasses of Cola or whatever in the weekend.

13. Michele

Thats what i do (exclude the evenings i am out with the boizzzzz)

Well, i hold my weight since months , i also got 5 kgs down, but i am just fat :/

14. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

*sigh* I am so fucking close to just giving up. I can't help her forever. I mean, yes she does have some disabilities but that's not everything that keeps her acting the way she does. So many people have done so much for her and she doesn't even bother to try to better herself. Everyone treats her nicely and makes big events for her and walks on eggshells about what they say and how they react because we know how sensitive she is about everything but she's still very manipulative and uses her illness as an excuse to be lazy or to say she doesn't know better or to act up. I can't keep trying to stop her from abusing her medication and acting dangerously and lying about it or keep her from cutting all the time. Family has been trying to get her better since she was 16 and now 10 years later and it's still ongoing and even worse, there's only so much that can be done, only so much time to be spent, and only so much stress and worrying that a person can take.

15. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

That's a good start!

16. LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

Lately I been fucking pissed off that I'm still not at 3000 posts. :angry:

17. TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Wow

18. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I agree with Matt, Neil. This is a serious thread. Its a little insulting. But if you're actually really pissed that you're not at 3000 posts yet, you need to calm down. From what I can see, the only way someone stops being a noob is by spending some time interacting with other people. There's no point in empty posts. Its kind of superficial, no offense.

Who cares if you have less posts. This is a forum where you can interact with other fans and have fun. No one's gonna take you more seriously just because you have more posts. Just let it go. Sorry if that was harsh.

19. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Everything was great about this post till you said sorry. Stop it :lol:

20. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Why ... is this important to you?

:sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.