RANDOM THOUGHTS 26 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Ree, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Dude, Eric Bledsoe just replied to my Tweet. :headbang:

2. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

used to be me all the time.

ask him if the suns need another 6"4 or however tall i am guard. i'll drop kevin durant out of the playoffs. fuck kevin durant.

3. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Updated the OS, Kernel and cleaned up some files. System feels really refreshed. Squeaky clean!

4. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Uh, Eric Bledsoe was a quarterback.

5. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Uh, that's Drew Bledsoe. Eric Bledsoe is a guard for the Suns.

6. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I think I'll score about 85% in physics(if it's even less than that then fuck me). Sucks. It was an easy paper too. My friend's expecting a 100. I mean she's a genius yeah but others did well too.

Disappointment is my middle name at this point. I know this is my fault.

Now to go cram 16 chapters of chemistry in just two days. I don't even know some of the chapters properly so I doubt I'm gonna do better in chem. Ugh.

Dream college bye bye.

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

We're proud of you, damn it! That's a great result

8. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

This Monday is not a good one.

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

YOU can do it :chuck:

10. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Mine isn't either.

11. Will

You don't need to kill another person in order to become the master of the Elder Wand; as Harry demonstrated, merely "winning" the wand from another person, either through force (as what happens when Harry rips the wands from Draco's hand, including Draco's own wand) or disarming (the more practical route) is enough for the wand to change its allegiances. In fact, the master of the Elder Wand doesn't even need to be using the Elder Wand for its allegiance to be in effect, as proven when Harry takes Draco's wand. Harry decides to leave the Elder Wand in Dumbledore's grave, so that when Harry dies naturally, the power of the Elder Wand will break, since no one will have won its allegiance from him.

That said, I just thought of Harry being disarmed at random times throughout his adult life, either as a joke or because someone started a fight with him (the reasons would be endless), and Harry's first thought being, "God fucking damn it, now this bloke's the master of the Elder Wand; I've got to get him back so I'm the master again." It'd have to be a constant struggle, I'd think. And for some reason, that's hilarious to me. :lol:

12. polleo

Honestly, HP is full of convoluted plot devices that I'm not a fan anymore. Quidditch is rigged in a way it makes Harry special (he's the seeker, he's the star!), every fucking character that isn't a nobody is in gryffindor (except for a few) It's basically gryffindor (good) vs slytherin (bad). I mean, going by actual house descriptions that's not true. Ron is kinda ambitious, Hermoine should be in Ravenclaw etc. And then there's the chosen one prophecy ugh.

I mean, Katniss Everdeen, Percy Jackson etc are interesting characters on their own, Katniss is actually strong and independent and takes care of her family, it's believable. Harry's a blank slate for a protagonist, cheapest trick in the book. Not saying blank characters are bad, I love Elder scrolls but there's nothing to Harry, he's an average okay wizard(Okay, he's good in defense against dark arts alone). Why not have someone actually powerful defeat Voldemort? Dumbledore? Snape? Or someone from the order of phoenix? Or the ministery of magic? Or the other schools etc.

She wrote it so Harry could be the hero I understand but it's a cheap ploy in my opinion. The side characters are far more interesting (Lupin, Fred, Luna, Snape etc) . I mean I like Harry as a person, don't get me wrong. But I have to say the books, while entertaining, aren't good books at all.

/endrant

13. Will

Eh.

The only thing I'll point out is that Rowling revealed (I believe on Pottermore) that, like Harry, both Ron and Hermione asked the Sorting Hat to place them in Gryffindor; Ron was supposed to go to Hufflepuff and Hermione to Ravenclaw. They both chose Gryffindor, just like Harry, who was himself supposed to go to Slytherin.

A big part of the reason I like the books so much is the emotional response I get out of them. I find myself choking up quite a bit here and there, or else finding myself grinning like an idiot, no matter how many times I read them. I think that's pretty special and the mark of a really, really good writer, whether the story's contrived or not.

14. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If Hermione Granger didn't go to Ravenclaw then there was no good reason for Ravenclaw House to exist. :p

15. Will

I'm pretty sure Luna's the only important Ravenclaw in the whole series. :lol:

16. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'd say Cho Chang is a pretty important character.

17. polleo

I wouldn't say that :lol: And all poor Hufflepuff had was Edward Cullen. I will say that I love how the books are written. The ending to goblet of fire was just damn.

18. Will

Good one. :lol:

19. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

*opens Random Thoughts*

"Shit, I opened What movies have you recently seen?. And they're still talking about Harry Potter."

*closes thread*

*opens Random Thoughts*

"Hory shit this is Random Thoughts. The disease has spread."

20. Will

It's my fault. :lol: When I read the books I can think of almost nothing else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.