Is "The Hunting Party" the best LP album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by 3DU4RDO, Jun 30, 2014.

?

Is "The Hunting Party" the best LP album?

1. YES, without any doubt

13 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. It could be, but I think it needs to grow on me

22 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. NO. It's a good album, but not their best

67 vote(s)
    58.3%
  4. Not even close !

13 vote(s)
    11.3%
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I love how every discussion turns out this way.
    Good job guys, keeping it classy :kappa:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Holy shit what a shitstorm could commence here.

BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

I still listen to it on a regular basis. It's close to the top for me. I was one of the people that heard Guilty All the Same and flipped. It had been a long time since I was that excited about an LP song. Love the album, return to hard rock (just my opinion), and the energy it brought to the live shows. Hoping for more rock direction like this in the future.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

How? You people try to do this "music snob" shit constantly on here and when it comes time to actually elaborate on it, it's almost always some version of "Well... I uh... y-you're just not getting it..." and some backhanded implication that the people you're talking to "just don't know any better".

It's not 2007 anymore, people that are criticizing Linkin Park aren't just having knee-jerk reactions of "WHERE'S DA RAPS ME NO LIKELY!!!", this constant condescension is beyond obnoxious, especially considering this board for years prided itself on being "smarter" or more mature than other LP fan bastions.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I just think he got very frustrated. But yeah, I don't know how to explain it but I feel like that sometimes arguing with people here about LP. They kinda twist your words :lol: Also I think ATS is the best LP album but I feel some of the praise for ATS here is a little...pretentious.

Not to offend anyone, please don't kill me.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Personally, I would say that "A Thousand Suns" has some great songs but is otherwise not that great an album, although the strength of the songs alone (my favourite LP song ever is on it) is enough to put it atop my list when it comes to the band's other studio albums. "The Hunting Party" is the opposite for me; it's a great, cohesive and consistent album, but the songs aren't so strong on their own, especially from a lyrical standpoint.

Those strengths and weaknesses balance out, and that's why both albums take top spot for me.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

RIGHT NOW IT'S KILLING TIME (inb4 I get murdered for BFMV reference)

I can understand getting frustrated, but Xero or whoever was only laying out a counter to what he said. There was no attack on Blackee, nor did it really seem like Xero was criticizing his opinion.

I don't like THP as a whole. I like the first three songs and find the rest nearly forgettable. I love ATS personally, track one to fifteen. Are the transition tracks and interludes the best they can be? No, but nothing is perfect. The Radiance through Burning in the Skies is one of my favorite album openers from LP. Fallout may not be a great standalone track, but I love its transition into The Catalyst.

LT and THP to me are at the bottom of my albums list. It's my personal opinion.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    minuteforce

You died a long time ago, drpdrp97. :sleep:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Similar to how you're dead to me. :tswing:

minuteforce

you got real nerve, Broman

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tony :)

Captain-EO

I can't even begin to fathom a witty retort to this.

Btw shut your mouth Broman, you just left me hanging.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

its what I do :lund:

Captain-EO

Are you trying to pick a fight?
    :fuckadoodledoo:

Queef

Queef Banned

Voted 'not even close' Linkin Park are not Metallica.

LazorCozmic

LazorCozmic Banned

THP is dope it's actually my fav album so far except a few good songs that got old for me; Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone, Wastelands, Rebellion, Final Masquerade. I also like Keys To The Kingdom and All For Nothing. And I rly hope LP makes another album before they hit their 40's lol :cool:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

You can be sure there will be a new album in 2016, latest 2017 when nothing unexpected happens ;)

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I know this post is over a month old, so maybe it's pointless for me to say this, but do you realise that you're the one who comes across like, as you would say, "a total douchebag"?

Every time someone tries to raise a point that you don't agree with, you start calling them names. "Douchebag". "Dick". Really mature. Then you put words in their mouths and claim that they can't come up with a coherent counter-argument, when really, it's you that constantly has to resort to weaker and weaker reasoning.

Look, you have an opinion, you're entitled to that. But when your whole argument as to whether a piece of music is good or bad hinges on that one opinion, you don't have a solid argument. You say sweeping statements such as "Their hit/miss ratio seems to skew a bit more 50/50 than really gets mentioned here". According to... Who? To some people, they've hit 0% and missed 100%. To some they've hit 100% and missed 0%. Who defines what's good and what's bad? Commercial success? Well then, we might as well pack up, One Direction is the best band on the planet at the moment. It can't be that, you know that. That's why you didn't say it. General opinion of people who listen to a given genre? Sure, but how can you concretely define a genre? How specific is the genre? How vague is it? Can't be that either. But I'm actually curious. How do you define what's a hit and what's a miss? I don't particularly like UIB, but some people here love it! Was that a hit or a miss? Depends on the person. Why did you say that JDM and WJL were "done right", while fallout "wasn't"? Maybe I prefer fallout? You say that LITE is better than Roads Untravelled because it's a rock song done well. I like rock music, I still think that RU is in their top 5 accomplishments while LITE only gets a bit more than a "meh" from me. Similarly I prefer ATS to THP, something that you clearly don't agree with me on. But it's all opinion, I'm no more right than you are. As I said at the beginning, you're entitled to that opinion. But don't act like it's the only valid one out there, and please, please stop getting angry with anyone who tries to have a reasonable debate with you.

./rant

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

There's a very specific reason for my salty language, and it stems from a very long-standing habit of members of this board, for whatever baffling reason, having an almost Reddit-tier inflated sense of intelligence with absolutely no reasoning for it and the bizarre condescending attitude stemming from it. Without fail. That whole wall of text there is especially ironic since it looks as though you're going to sit there lecturing about listening to peoples arguments and reasoning as though I didn't write huge paragraphs explaining why I thought that and basically got "No, you're wrong. Because reasons and things. You don't get it" back.

Look at this. look at this right here.
    In response to an almost embarrassingly verbose opinion about why instrumental A was good but instrumental was crap I get that. And that's only the most blatant part of it, the entire thing comes off as "No no, you don't get it..." and it's like arguing with a teenager, and what's the average of of the people here? Mid-20's? Maybe even older? I don't even know why you're trying to take it to "Well like, that's your opinion, man...", I already hammered home my points to an insane degree.

It's not a case of 'Disagreed with me? YOU FUCKING CUNT!', there's a consistent, obnoxious pattern condescension among the people here, and the the absolute minimum amount of knowledge backing it, and that's when people can be bothered to do that much. You're doing it right now; "WELL ONE DIRECTION SURE SEEMS POPULAR I GUESS THEY'RE INCREDIBLE HUR HUR!". Did I say that? Did I imply that in any way at all? Or are you just deliberately making a strawman (oddly enough doing the whole "POP MUSIC IS POPULAR BUT I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE IT'S NOT TERRIBLY WELL MADE, RIGHT GANG?!" shit, another thing people here can't for their lives seem to stop doing, even just as 'an example'), even if you're acknowledging nobody ever said it. But that wasn't the problem, the problem is I literally just explained why I thought the way I did only to have most of it handwaved with an implication I wasn't really 'getting it'.

There's no way nobody else has noticed this attitude from a lot of you. Even in passing. There's a certain attitude that, I don't know if most of you aren't native in English and it just doesn't strike you the same way it does a native speaker, but there's just this infuriatingly snobbish language a lot of you people use almost constantly is aggravating as all fuck. Far more rude than swearing.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Dude, I agreed with you before, but what that Iopia guy was pretty tame. I don't know why you're reacting so angrily to everything. And as an outsider, the people here are genuinely pretty intelligent. Sure sometimes people here are snobbish and dismissive but generally this place is pretty open-minded.

Not to be rude but you need to calm down :lol: