"Session" - Song by Song, Let's Talk Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hawk, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Issho Ni feels like the literal "made in 5 minutes on computer" song. Absolutely nothing special about it.

2. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Whatever. My response to Issho Ni. It's just a Mike Shinoda song, no input from the other members, and even though that's how many other songs start out, it doesn't seem like it was ever envisioned to end up as an LP song. I do like how it sounds like a film score and the climax of it is probably the best part with the pad of vocals underneath it. Just not my type of LP song, in fact, I think I may have listened to it only one time before now. But it's nice that Mike contributed to the tsunami relief in some way. It would have been better if the band had worked together on an entire song with vocals like they did for Not Alone.

Living Things, here we come!

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

(Extremely fanboyish post below)

Ouch, Issho Ni doesn't seem to be all that popular around here.

Anyways, thank you for making a post on this, Filip. I didn't think you would, but I'm glad.

I personally LOVE this instrumental, the build-up is fantastic. Is starts off with that sadddd keyboard, then layer after layer gets added on making it more and more intense as the song progresses. The song is perfect the way it is, vocals definitely weren't needed at all. It starts off sad, then it starts to feel almost...angry, a lot of things going on here. The message and tone is conveyed perfectly in the instrumental, it's already effective, I can't see vocals being beneficial to the song. I love the little "ahhs" in the background during the later portion of the song. My personal favorite instrumental the band has done to date (Or should I say, Mike has done).

Things like this make me appreciate just how great this band is even more, they're always there to help those in need whichever way they can. The band never had to do any of this, but they do it anyways. Really awesome, caring people. Music for Relief is an amazing program. We the fans get music, and the proceeds go to a great cause, can't really ask for anything better.

Glad we're on Living Things soon, the album has so much energy. Interested to hear how everyone feels about it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  4. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Issho Ni is a good song, I just feel they should've finished it. It's not a very attention-grabbing instrumental piece. It needed vocals.

5. LPBuq

LPBuq Member

Meh. The ending's OK, I guess. Shame it was a Mike-only song.

6. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

It's always been a cool instrumental that I find myself listening to every once in a while.

But am I the only one who thinks that Mike provides background vocals for the end? That's what it sounds like to me anyways.

Dmitry's remix of the song is pretty awesome. If spent more time on (but I understand that Mike wanted to get the song out as quickly as possible so money could quickly start reaching its way to the charity), this probably could had some sweet vocals at the end.

Captain-EO likes this.
  7. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Great track with a really unique vibe compared to the rest of LP's discography. It definitely doesn't need vocals imo; the music speaks for itself.

8. Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

Whoa, I had no idea that this song existed. I'm going to download it a put it with all of my other instrumental songs that I can put as background music in my videos.
    And actually, the first half of it sounds a lot like a song that would fit in Minecraft as a CD. It gives me the nostalgia that all of the C418 Minecraft tracks give me. I actually think that after it explodes into action, it isn't as good. I'd love to mash it up with another song like it, but unfortunately I'm not that skilled :(

Na, vocals would've only fitted in second half.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Issho Ni" gets the honourary mention in my top-ten LP songs list. I think it's one of the best things that has ever come out of the Linkin Park camp. Instrumental compositions have always been great. I love the wall of fuzzy synths that kick in once the track takes off (reminds me of a similar drop-like section in "Windowlicker"), the mysterious, unidentifiable vocals that sound so good and the beautiful bitcrushing at the end

10. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

This song is just so much yes. Wonderfully atmospheric, haunting, climactic. One of the best instrumentals under the name of Linkin Park. Good job, Mike.

11. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

The song isn't anything worthwhile at all. All it seems to me is an extremely underdeveloped idea. I've only listened to it twice, and one of those listens was today.

Captain-EO likes this.
  12. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

So is Lost in the Echo going to be coming up soon, or should someone else take the reigns?

13. Captain-EO

To whoever is doing it, I would absolutely love confirmation that the crystalline-like synth in the intro of LITE came from a Meowsic keyboard, as Astat has said, but I cannot find any other sources saying.

14. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

http://instagram.com/p/Sn6VN9jmWM/?modal=true

15. Captain-EO

You are a hero. To Barnes & Noble with a microphone I go...

...As if I hadn't already commissioned someone to go out and record samples for me. I just needed the confirmation.

16. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yeah, I guess I don't care anymore. I'm glad I got to writr for all of A Thousand Suns, but I'm not gonna continue doing this.

You guys are free to decide who takes over. Keep in mind whoever you choose should be an active user, with some LP knowledge and fluent in English. I'd love this thread to be a nice source of info when it's done.

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You did good, Filip. :)

18. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

We will go down in history bro. :cry:

19. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[​IMG]

20. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Just saying ;) though I'm not sure if I could make my posts AS huge as yours, but i can confirm I could write a substantial post by tonight at the latest.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015