Keys to the Kingdom Live

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ch3sters Ghost, Nov 25, 2014.

Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

So I understand that Linkin Park may not want to include Keys to the Kingdom on this years setlist (takes a while to master a complicated song like this) but do you think we'll see it on next years tour?

I really like this song and think it kind of goes back to their Hybrid Theory/Meteora roots, plus I really enjoy Mike Shinoda's rap in it too (and singing lol.) I'm really thinking LP should do it because people are starting to say that they can't do this song live (hence why they didn't include it in their track list) and that pisses me off.

:shinado::shinado:

:bradwink:

Da truth.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Try convincing the band to perform "Robot Boy" in full first. :rolleyes:

Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

I guess my biggest issue with it is people saying they can't play the song they made live. It's a fast paced song especially with Mike's rap in it and Chesters epic screaming.

It really does go back to their HT days.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I remember when Guilty All The Same was released everyone said there's no way it will be served justice live. Now the song is one of the highlights of the set. Then people said the same thing about Rebellion and while Mike's vocals need improvement the technical aspects of the song are still perfectly in check. Therefore I see no reason why the band wouldn't be able to play Keys To The Kingdom.

Seriously though, they NEED to play it and ALITS for the North American tour next year.

minuteforce

I don't think that you read my post properly. ;)

Whether or not it "goes back to their HT days" doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it can be done live. It's really down to whether or not the band wants to play it, and, then, whether or not they can find time to rehearse it.

Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

Haha I see what you mean. I watched the video and they completely cut Chesters vocals. That's really too bad, it takes away the beauty of the song. I only listened to the first part of the video when I posted it hehe I'll be more careful next time.

:heh:

:embarrassed:

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Here we go for the hundredth time: Dave said he wants to play KTTK live and Mike and Dave both acknowledged fans want ALITS live. And Mike also said they might add 1 more song to the American tour set-list so your dream may come true :)

Anyway, I love the drums on KTTK and ALITS and Rob's been doing great this year so I'm excited either way. The solo on KTTK makes me feel energetic, just think of it live :CUMULUS: Honestly, maybe the vocals would be hard but they could just play the instrumentals of the songs. They are pretty great on their own.

minuteforce

I actually don't know which song is easier for Chester to sing regularly

shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

I would absolutely love to see KTTK live. If they could practice and figure out how to make it work, this would be a crowd favorite I think. It's so energetic and just a fun song. That's my opinion though. I really wish they would play MTG. It's one of my favorites from THP now. I really think if they didn't play it in full, they should incorporate it into BIO like APFMH, The Catalyst, Reading My Eyes, etc. After Chester is done with the bridge, they should do the first verse and chorus. Just after BIO's bridge, Brad could play the first verse guitar part that follows the 1-1.5 minute instrumental intro of MTG and just go from there through the first chorus and then switch back over to BIO.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I'm sure we will see either ALITS or KTTK if not both.

LeMooree

LeMooree Active Member

wat? KTTK Complicated? Well, u can say that MTG is complicated, but not KTTK.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah it's not really that much more complex than anything else the band has done. ALITS or MTG may be tougher because if the transitions, but KTTK is pretty straightforward.

Tocaraca

Tocaraca A part of me screams away silently

I wanted to use this song as an example that Mike could sing well live.
    Unfortunately I couldn't even find it live, so I had to take Burning In The Skies, Blackout, Iridescent, The Catalyst and Castle Of Glass instead.
    They really should do it live. Chester's scream would sound awesome live, if he can pull it off properly.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

I saw the interview that altwire got with Mike in Berlin; he said they're going to add one more new song for sure. I'm pretty sure it's going to be ALITS though. I don't think they'll end up doing KTTK because of the strain that it might put on Chester's voice every night. Screaming that song every night might be too much at this point in their career.

Of course, that's just what I see happening. I really do hope they find a way to incorporate it into the set because it's my favorite track off of THP.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I want Hit the Floor live again, screw ALITS and KTTK.

Bring on the hate.
    :shinado:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

That's what the fans have been saying about Given Up for the last 5 years or so but the song's been showing no signs of retirement. Although if Keys To The Kingdom had a chance of coming into the set, I'd toss Given Up out in it's place in a second.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Agreed, Given up has to go and must be replaced with KTTK
    They have to change up the setlist for the north America tour
    i dont wanna see the same setlist as i did in august.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Complicated? Come on Keys is straightforward as shit, MTG and ALITS don't even seem that complicated. Green Day can perform Jesus of Suburbia live so why can't LP perform a 6 minute song live?

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

It shows no signs of retirement but Chester's performance has been degrading over time imo, with some exceptions (and the outro is always fantastic). KTTK would be cool, though I imagine it will start differently, since I can't really imagine Chester just screaming acapella like on the album. Mike's singing will probably be shaky, too. If they play MTG, it will probably be shortened or something. If MTG is Primo, I would really like to hear the I'll Be Gone version, because that song is just too long.