Linkin park's future

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Ashworth, Oct 31, 2014.

Ashworth

Ashworth New Member

Well now that the band is now doin heavy rock like the one they did on the LP6....can they still get the world's attention like they used to get?

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Following LP's current track record, I doubt we will see an album like THP in their near future, as you seem to imply that they will.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Hunting Party was them realizing they're never going to be a pop sensation like they used to be and not giving a shit anymore. Even with the "failure" of the last album, Linkin Park is by far one of the biggest rock bands on the planet now. They're not going to stop being millionaires anytime soon and every album they make is just more money in their pockets.

I'd love to see them carry on with a HP/ATS blend from here on out, both of those albums seemed to be them really doing what they wanted as opposed to Meteora, MtM, or LT where they seemed to be trying to calculate everything.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I hope the next album is far from THP. I feel like LPU 13 showed us a whole album we didn't quite get with Living Things. I'd like more folk-influenced music, and more of whatever Waiting for The End, When they come from me, and the catalyst are.
    Don't get me wrong, if they release more heavy music I'll love it just like I love THP, I just want them to explore more ground, since I feel like we have a huge collection of heavy stuff now. If I want something angsty and aggressive, there's so much to choose from, but if I want something that's like Robot Boy, all I have is Robot Boy..

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

How do you know that was the case for LT or MtM? After all, with MtM, they included In Between just because they really liked Shinoda's performance on it. They said they even chose it over other produced tracks. In that way, you could also say ATS was calculated.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Minutes seemed like the album was meticulously crafted to be the opposite of Meteora; Meteora was done specifically to make a Hybrid Theory sequel, MtM was them trying their best to make Linkin Park a "new" band and were trying every idea they had in order to do so. Most of it pretty well done, but the constant genre shifting is noticeable. Living Things is sort of a Meteora case, while I actually think the album is fairly underrated and better than it's credited for, it too was fairly noticeable as far as them trying to go back "Linkin Parking" their music. Even the second "experimental" part of the album doesn't seems a bit held back.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

What's for sure is that they have only one album left and then they will go poof on us.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Someone drunk

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Someone saw the future, and it was bad :kappa:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I hope the band just goes even heavier, even punkier on their next album. No poppy Final Masquerade/Until It's Gone shit, just rawk.

Ch3sters Ghost

Ch3sters Ghost Member

I understand if Chester can't (or doesn't want to) go screaming from stage to stage, but at the same time I think they have to respect the fact that Hybrid Theory and Meteora made them who they are today.

I went to the Englewood concert and the majority of the fans came there just to hear those 2 albums. For a while I was wondering if Mike could even still rap but the video in my siggy shows he still can. So why is he holding back?

Gibs

YES. When Mike was hyping THP, I was imagining stuff like War but heavier. God I hope they go in a more Punk direction.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I really wasn't expecting it, but imo, THP turned out ridiculously good.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Ew god no.

Gibs

Too heavy for Brady to handle huh? :shinado:

It's my dream that LP do something like this:

[video=youtube;0QWq_mJV7uU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWq_mJV7uU[/video]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I just want them to experiment, and, if they're not going to give us something we haven't heard before, hopefully they will at least give us something we haven't heard from Linkin Park before.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Polka still turns heads. You wait and see!

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

One thing for sure...They gonna do something different like they always do.Whether it's heavy or ballad,I'll go along if it gets my attention

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Or.
    Che.
    Stral.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I would scream like a little girl if they pulled this off. They did a tiny bit on MtM, but I feel they could do so much if they mixed what they already know with orchestration.