August 30th, 2014 - Clarkston, Michigan.

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 30, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

For the last show before a short break, The Carnivores Tour stops in Clarkston, Michigan.
    This is the first time since 2007 that Linkin Park plays in Clarkston. They have been here in 2001, 2001 again, 2004 and 2007. All the performances, including this one has taken place at the DTE Energy Music Theatre, a venue that has had many bands recording their concerts there... and one of those bands are of course Linkin Park. The 2007 show was webcasted by MySpace and recorded and sold as an unofficial DVD. The show featured many great performances, but probably the most famous one is the super extended party version of Bleed It Out with a fantastic drum solo. You can check it out here below.

[video=youtube;J02ci5EuLCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02ci5EuLCc[/video]
    Make some f*cking noise, Rob Bourdon on the drums!

[​IMG]

At the previous show in Tinley Park on August 29th LP played set B with the only change in the setlist being on the rap medley where Mike rapped a verse of When They Come For Me. Something fun that happened during Faint, Mike kept handing his mic to fans in the audience to rap parts of the rap verses. Check out a video of that here below.
    [video=youtube;mGvU0_tNo5Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGvU0_tNo5Q[/video]​

From watching YouTube videos and reading reviews from fans, the band has been killing the shows lately, and we hope that they continue with that even for this show. We don't expect anything special from this show, with it being in the middle of the tour and all. The band is welcome to prove us wrong, and do something amazing, like pulling out A Place For My Head that was apparently on a early version of the setlist as a show closer for the Darien Center, NY show. This is however really unlikely and if they would pull out that song it would probably be at the Woodlands, Texas show, with it being another LPU summit show.

In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members.

After this The Carnivores Tour takes a few days off, before resuming in The Woodlands, Texas on September 5th. That show will also have the second LPU summit on this tour, so we all look forward what will come out of it. Maybe a acoustic set with more than one song? We'll have to wait and see. The tour then moves on to Dallas, Texas on September 6th.

What do you think? Will Linkin Park pull out some surprises at this show? Are you going to the show? Come and discuss in our forums.

-----------------------------------------

Setlist:

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up
    04. Points Of Authority [Shortened]
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Rebellion
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands transition)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Burn It Down
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
    20. In The End
    21. Faint
    --------------------------------
    22. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] Until It's Gone Sample Intro)
    23. New Divide [Shortened]
    24. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); w/ Faster Tempo and With You verse 1)
    25. Until It's Gone [Shortened]
    26. What I've Done (Extended bridge)
    27. Bleed It Out (The Catalyst refrain bridge)

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

*August 30, 2014 :p

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Fixed.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

I'm going to the Woodlands show and I can't wait! I bought tickets for the Summit but since I live in Austin now, I'm unsure if I'll be able to make it. There's a few days gap between the last show the played and the Woodlands show so I'm hoping that it'll be a very energetic show.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Guess I'm the only LPA member that went to this show :lol: It was a good one. They cut a couple songs out and didn't do When They Come For Me in the rap medley.

EDIT: They did not play With You, Lying From You, or Somewhere I Belong.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Was it good?

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Yeah the band was spot on and gave a lot of energy. Thirty Seconds to Mars was pretty damn good too and I was happy that Jared did a lot of singing and didn't leave it all to the crowd plus he played the chorus of From Yesterday during the acoustic part of their set which they haven't been playing on this tour. My only complaint is the setlist. Not even close to one of my favorites from the times I've seen them but I did really enjoy the Castle of Glass remix live.

Fathom

Fathom Well-Known Member

I went to the show, just got home. Linkin Park did great tonight. 30STM was pretty good too just didn't like the set they did...I kinda wish AFI (they are my 2nd fav band behind LP) would do a bigger set but thats kinda tough being the opening band.

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

They've been rotating those. Set A has Points of Authority, Burn It Down (in full), and Crawling (short). Not sure about the other major differences between the two. To me Set B is much better than A. As much as I love POA, I love With You more.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Ahh okay. Yeah I didn't realize they were rotating two sets.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I also went to the show; I was on the grass. It was awesome, even though I could barely see anything. The Castle of Glass and Joe Solo were out of this world.

Before this, I hadn't seen LP live since the Meteora World Tour. Suffice it to say, this show blew that one outta the water. By the way, I don't suppose anyone knows what AFI's setlist was that day/night? I'm not as familiar with their songs after Decemberunderground.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

IMG957277.jpg

This was text messaged to me last night by my friend who went to Detroit.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Leaving Song Pt. II
    Girls Not Grey
    I Hope You Suffer
    Medicate
    Love Like Winter
    17 Crimes
    Days Of The Phoenix
    Silver and Cold
    Miss Murder

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

jkrawcke224

jkrawcke224 Well-Known Member

I went and it was seriously the best night of my damn life. ever. that setlist was like a dream setlist (except LFY is in my dream setlist). i also got the setlist, and one of mike's picks to Lorenzo from LPU handed to me after the show <3 <3

i was at the meet and greet and it was my first time meeting the guys and they were all so sweet and nice, chester is unbelievable, hes the biggest sweetheart. ugh.

yeah this show was fucking amazing. :'D

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Does anyone know around what time of day the LPU Summit starts? I bought tickets to the Houston Summit, but I live in Austin now and I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I need to know the time so that I can at least attempt to attend the Summit. Thanks!