Doctor Who

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Liz, Mar 30, 2013.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

This is the implication, yes. In the teaser, the doctor asks "This planet; what's it called?". This implies that he's stumbled across Trenzalore, rather than going there to consciously face his death, something he did in "The Name of the Doctor", however this was NOT how the Doctor was supposed to stumble across Trenzalore, the silence would've tried to stop them otherwise. The Silence were formed with the sole intention of preventing the Doctor from going to Trenzalore.

The events of "The Name of the Doctor" were merely a trick by The Great Intelligence to make him go to the post-11th Trenzalore and open up his timestream for the intelligence to go in and wipe the Doctor from existence. The Great Intelligence knew of the Trenzalore prophecy, and tried to use this to lure the Doctor. This Trenzalore, however, is after the 11th's fall, hence his grave is there, and the Silence really don't give a shit.

"The Time of the Doctor" is where he will meet his fall and destroy the silence, however.

Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

What I think is very... Not confusing but in lack of a better word... Anyways, it's that Trenzalore is where the Doctor dies... Which means really DIES, not 11 regenerating. It will be very interesting to see what Moffat has in store for us. Maybe he goes there but doesn't die THIS time - but in the future. Or something. IDK xD We'll see! Looking forward to it!!

Oh, and the 50th... WOW.. Just WOW *-*

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I saw this on my walk over to class this morning:

1452296_10152091283939664_1640326362_n.jpg

There must've been a dozen of these strewn across my path - I imagine there were many more all throughout the quad.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

In another recent interview Moffat spoke about Capaldi’s first scene following the regeneration: “It’s utterly bonkers! He still thinks he’s Matt Smith, but he looks like he’s Peter Capaldi. He’s adjusting to who he is. It’s a transitional phase.”

Source: http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-on-smiths-regeneration-54034.htm

It's strange that's the case when every regeneration has been immediately different and totally aware they were in a new body (particularly Colin Baker's introduction - what a rude ass fucker :lol:), just adjusting to the physical differences - why is Capaldi still under the impression he's Smith? :uh:

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Goodbye Matt Smith, you had the best run this far and will always be MY Doctor.
    Welcome Peter Capaldi, don't fuck it up!

MKH

The total disregard for Clara really pissed me off. Like, okay, River's your wife, that's great. Amy was the first person you saw as 11, that's awesome. But when you find out this chick has been saving your ass from the first day, you treat her like you don't give a fuck? First he tricks her to "protect" her, then he does it again, then as she's crying about him regenerating, this fool's daydreaming about Amy (without Rory, too, this fool wants to bang the daughter AND the mom), and then when she says "don't change", he's like "oh, what? You're still here? Naw, fogetchu..." BAM, Capaldi.

I've been meh about Matt Smith since he replaced the irreplaceable Tennant, but he full on grew on me in his last episode, and where I began so excited to see the final minutes of the episode for Capaldi, it got to that point and I was like..."man, GTFO."

Oh, and fuck anyone who says Coleman and Smith didn't work great together - if he wasn't already married to River, he'd so tap that, as would any of us, boys and girls. In fact, I initially was speculating that she was River's next miraculous regeneration and that'd be great, but oh well.

Still, this is fun:

[thumb]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/112528569/Miscellaneous/capaldi-clara_custom_MKH.gif[/thumb]

Edit notes: My original GIF I made was 25 MB and would have surely run my Dropbox bandwidth dry in a matter of hours of viewing - it's hard to not watch it :lol: This new one is funnier anyway :p

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I literally jumped out of my seat when Capaldi popped on the screen. I really didn't expect the Doctor to "sneeze" into his next form! :lol:

MKH

I've just found something to gripe about - when 11 got the new set of regeneration cycles, he was "reset" in his initial regenerated form, so why the fuck did he have to regenerate? For cinematic show? RTD wouldn't have let that shit go down - he would have kept Smith old and then allowed the regeneration as Smith's old body would have needed regenerating, like 1 or War. If he gets reset to be young again, why the hell did he need to regenerate, right? I mean, how is that any different, really, from 10 keeping the same face whilst regenerating his body? And he was actually INJURED. Smith was old, then his body was sent back to being young, unless Moffat expects us to believe that his outward appearance was temporarily reset while his body internally remained old and withered, as if that makes any sense even by Who standards.

"The End of Time" > "Time of the Doctor", hands down.

That being said, I would just like to point out:

[thumb]http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1797949.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Jenna-Louise-Coleman-1797949.jpg[/thumb]

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

EVERYTHING I LOVE DIES!!! :cry:

MKH

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Figured I'd bump this instead of making a new thread, as the new series premieres tonight.

Who's excited?! (no pun intended)

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Excited and nervous.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Oh God, I don't know. I hope Capaldi is good. I hope this is a really dark season.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

From what I understand Capaldi is not only going to be a darker doctor...but also won't be doing any of the romance that happened with the last few doctors. Apparently with the personality change that comes from regenerations, this doctor actually isn't as fond or trusting of humans as the last few...and thus is a little bit snappier and less patient.

Which if you ask me is great. I'm sick of the cuddley doctors. I want a return back to the doctors that didnt G.A.F.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Great episode. Loved the significantly slower pace and more drama filled story.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Well, that explains the constant laughing.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

A lot less happy-go-lucky than the last Doctor.

MKH

Well, I watched the pre-air screener some time back and wasn't amused. Having seen the final version...still not amused. I don't see any of the "sizzle" journalists keep talking about in relation to Coleman's and Capaldi's onscreen chemistry.

Smith looked awkward but it worked because the entire cast was new, more or less. Capaldi has to adjust to the family, but I hope that's all it is because as The Doctor alone, he's awesome, just not with everyone else.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The premier... Was...

[​IMG]

MKH

Oh, now that we have a thread on it and everyone else has seen the first episode (I have to wait 4 weeks before I can discuss with anyone who hasn't been watching the leaks/read the scripts :lol:), I just have to :rolleyes: at Steven Moffat: once again, we get a series plot insert in the premiere (Missy) and it's something that probably won't play out in full until Capaldi's third season or something.

:facepalm:

Honestly, the biggest shock that could be revealed about her is that Moffat explains who/what she is THIS season.