What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yeah, I understand what you mean about how over-the-top it becomes. I personally think that's supposed to hint at the idea that none of it is really happening. But parody makes sense too.

2. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

One of my favorite scenes. This definitely alludes to the idea of people being overly obsessed with their jobs/status etc.

[video=youtube;cISYzA36-ZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY[/video]

3. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

"Oh my God, it even has watermark." Fucking brilliant :lol: I thought that was the best bit as well.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Lego Movie - 8.5/10

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME

5. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Neighbors - 1.5 out of 5

90+ minutes of gags that Seth Macfarlane could have executed better in a 22-minute episode of Family Guy. Seth Rogen delivers his usual brand of comedy, and Rose Byrne exemplifies she can do comedy just as well as she does horror, but aside from that, pass on this.

6. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Guardians of the Galaxy- 8/10

Up until the prison I was bored. After that it was awesome, but not enough to make up for the beginning. However, I did like how they left it open for a sequel. It's definitely not the best movie of the year. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Lone Survivor are competing for that spot right now.

7. MKH

Lone Survivor is a 2013 movie lol.

8. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

See No Evil, Hear No Evil - 3.5/5

A pretty funny movie, cool plot. Really hilarious at some points. Might have overhyped for this as I was talking about it days before watching it.

9. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I saw it in January so it's 2014 :doge:

10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I watched BTTF 2 a while back. The thing was, the first movie is my favorite film ever and this was such a horrible let down. This film should not have been done IMO. It is completely unfunny, doesn't have the sweet elements that the first one had and the plot is just a terrible rehash of the first movie. It kinda ruined the magic of the first film for me. I watched the whole movie though. Mainly, because Michael J.Fox still looks really cute in it. Although, I'm scared to watch the third one.

11. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

BTTF 2 and 3 are enjoyable but hardly compare to the first movie. I'd recommend watching 3 just to finish off the series, it's not a bad movie overall

12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Fight Club 9/10: Kind of a cliché message and twist but we'll done nonetheless. Tyler' whole outlook was kind of... Contrived. But you know, didn't really lessen the movi email at all.

The Shining 8/10: Classic horror, and really how horror should be done. The premise of the movie ought to be terrifying. It ought to make you uncomfortable to watch. This totally does that. The idea of being completely isolated and watching this guy's decent into insanity. Then finding he's eternally attached to the hotel? That's what I pulled from it.

13. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

The Conjuring- 10/10. It's just so awesome. The last 30 or so minutes have you in the edge of your feet. This, The Shining, and The Thing are my favorite scary movies ever.

14. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

I watched The shining alone and I didn't find it the least bit scary because I saw all of it coming. I was kinda bored. Actually, I watched it online and I was only used to watching movies on tv where everything was censored so when I saw the naked lady on the screen I freaked out because I've never actually seen nudity in a movie before. So, I did get scared once I guess.

15. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:facepalm:

Sorry mate, but...

:facepalm:

16. MKH

Either you haven't seen Sinister or your taste in horror is a bit off :uh:

17. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I've seen "Sinister", and I didn't find it the least bit scary. "The Shining" and "The Thing" are the first two horror movies I ever watched, so I'm biased towards them. I think "The Conjuring" is the best horror movie of the last few years with "Insidious 2" coming in at a close second. My taste is fine for me, but of course it's all subjective.

18. MKH

Personally, Insidious > Insidious 2, in terms of actually creeping me out with all the suspense. Insidious 2 was great for answering stuff and tying back to stuff in the first though.

19. Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Yeah the tying back is what did it for me.

20. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Magic In The Moonlight - 7.5/10 Pretty good. Great dialogue and scenery. But there was no chemistry between Colin Firth and Emma Stone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.