LP7 / How will THP affect the band's future?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Jun 24, 2014.

1. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I think that HT & MT sound is outdated. I would rather see them go on in this direction, stretch out the rock influence more. This punk thing seems to be going well.

2. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

As long as the genre is aggressive or semi-aggressive(Like LT) its ok.ATS 2 will be good if the songs are like WTCFM and have more songs than instrumentals.

3. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Linkin Park always seem to jump from one thing to another from one album to another. So, I don't know what they'll do. You guys don't get all your hopes up for another loud and aggressive album and then get let down. What if Mike decides there isn't soft jingles in this world or something? Actually, half of this site wants exactly that so it wouldn't turn out bad for everyone I guess. Or what if they make an album full of interludes like empty spaces, The summoning, foreword, tinfoil, etc without songs because the world doesn't have enough of that?

4. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

lol.Maybe they'll make LT 2

5. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

LP 7: Cutting Edge Visceral Toolbox

6. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Pretty sure the band will focus on themselves the next time around considering how much of an outlook on the music world this record had.

7. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

In my opinion this is the safest bet. They probably won't make something as loud/guitar driven as THP because they want to be "creative," but I doubt it'll be as dramatic a shift as making ATS 2...

8. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

To be quite honest, just listened to The Hunting Party again, and I just hope they continue this sound. Take it even further. Throw away all Masquerades and Gones, just make Guilty's and War's. Just an absolutely amazing album.

9. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

Absolutely yes.UIG is okay but FM is like Nursery Rhymes

10. polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Hey, we all have our preferences. Imo, an album full of heavy songs would be boring. I think FM, MTG and ALITS add to the soulfulness of the album and makes THP a solid record. It feels like an amazing end to the album. Also, the instrumental in UIG sounds awesome. I get a rush listening to it and the music in FM is beautiful. It might be simple but I think it has good lyrics and completes the album. Personally, I find Wastelands a little boring and All for nothing a little annoying but that's just me.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree; those songs give "The Hunting Party" a bit of variety and make it feel like a well-rounded collection of songs.