One Month After (and counting)... Thoughts about "The Hunting Party"?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by 3DU4RDO, Jul 19, 2014.

?

Rate THP One Month After

1. Masterpiece

17 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Very Good !

56 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. It could have been better, but it's still good I guess

23 vote(s)
    21.3%
  4. Average Album

9 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Mediocre Album

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

No.

Just, everything you said. No.

Just because it's a poll with 5 possibilities, it doesn't mean the lowest one is the worst and the uppermost one is the best, especially when there's three choices that mean the same thing, completely throwing this 1–5 thing in the water.

Mediocre means the same as average – medium quality. Check a dictionary if you disagree. [​IMG]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Not to mention there's a world of difference between ''Very Good'', and ''Masterpiece''.

-

@LPxDBZ - If you bash the album through the entire post, then give it a 7/10, and then say you hope they abandon the style... it's a really fucked up post.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    3DU4RDO

3DU4RDO Burning in the Skies

:ermm:

Mediocre is lower than average. The meaning could change a little between the different languages, but that's fact. Average is something that could be described as medium quality. Nothing outstanding. Mediocre is something bad, that doesn't meets standards of a proper quality.

Filip

mediocre
    ˌmiːdɪˈəʊkə
    adjective
    of only average quality; not very good.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I still play it front to back, only skipping The Summoning and Drawbar.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

That's not really playing it front to back, then.

I never understood the whole thing of skipping tracks on an album. Yeah, some songs are better than others, and you may not like a particular song, but if that's the case for me I still listen to it because you simply need some rainy days to enjoy the sunny ones. Plus, Drawbar is one of the best instrumentals they've done. Quit hating, people.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^Agreed.

Jesus fucking Christ.

average (adj.) (comparative more average, superlative most average) – neither very good nor very bad; rated somewhere in the middle of all others in the same category.

Synonyms (neither very good nor very bad): mediocre, medium, middle-ranking, middling, unremarkable, so-so, comme ci comme ça

mediocre (adj.) (comparative more mediocre, superlative most mediocre) – ordinary: not extraordinary; not special, exceptional, or great; of medium quality.

It's obvious if you just look at the word. Mediocre. Medium. Middle. Average. GEDDIT?!

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Ummm, I never bashed the album. You misinterpreted my post. I said it lacked depth and I lost interest in it as a result of it, and that I didn't like the attitude they had with this album. Never did I once say in my post that the album itself was bad.

"It's a solid album, but it lacks depth and I feel their last two albums have been a step back from the formula of "A Thousand Suns" of which I felt was perfect".

Now, because I said it's a solid album it doesn't mean I want them to make another album just like it. I'd rather them not. Like I said, I respect what they did and it's a good album, it just isn't for me.

Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

So far it's still a great album for me. I have been taking it easy with listening to it though cause I don't want to burn out on it.

Keys to The kingdom is a perfect opener for the album. There's been plenty of times where I just feel like listening to just that one song but then get drawn in to listen through the whole album. I would currently rank it up with MTM.

3DU4RDO

:lol:

Wow dude, your overreaction about this is incredible. Like a lot of people here, it's unreal how stressed they could be about anything without importance.

But ok dude, relax, you're right, be happy ;)

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Friends, let's take it easy. We're talking about music here. Please. ;)

3DU4RDO

Same here. It's something with no importance. Let's focus on the discussion about the album :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014

This album sounds less impressive because of the rawness and lack of polish on this record, which had been implemented deliberately. Upon examining the actual arrangements and the different features in the album, there is a level of complexity never before seen in any of Linkin Park's albums. This album justifies it for me, I think. They do not have to rely on fresh-sounding electronics to make it sound innovative whatsoever. This is the album that features a combination of (mostly) the best songs in Linkin Park's entire career (yes, I said that) with the electronic interludes that are much, much more beaming than A Thousand Suns. Yes, there are some moments where the tracks sounded like demos, but they keep things fresh and interesting.

I just wish they would add some electronics - and by electronics, I mean some distorted shit into the heaviness they already have. Not like their first two albums, but stretching their limits while maintaining the heightened levels of the instrumentation's complexity. Almost as if they are making noise. Hell, make things polarizing while keeping the energy. Also, Chester's STP-style vocals would be nice.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

I still love The Hunting Party, only song I got bored of was All For Nothing.
    Living Things exactly a week after I stopped listening to it everyday.
    I have listened to THP every day since it came out, I think it's a great album and alot of my friends who don't like LP like it to.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

Still rocking the album day and night.

M&M

M&M Banned

I took about a week off of not listening to The Hunting Party, or any Linkin Park music for that matter, and I love the album again. I was listening to it non-stop, day and night, I think that wore it out a little bit.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Yeah no. It's like saying if you listen to Justin Bieber or One Direction or whoever you hate (to each is their own), it'll make your listening experience better when listening to your favorite band after. Fuck no, I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna skip the tracks I hate, and play the tracks I like/love.

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

its been a while i dont listen to it, even the songs i like the most are far from great. its not bad, but it got boring just like LT, it could be much better IMO

Filip

I'm ignoring that first part of the post 'cause I still can't figure out what the fuck.

I really enjoy One Direction's Story of my Life. Can I download their album now, skip the other 13 songs, and say that's one of my favorite albums of all time?

If you're listening to an album, you're listening to everything. Everything the artist made, the good and the bad. Otherwise X&Y is my favorite album of all time. It has like 7-8 incredible tracks, and 5-6 I don't really like. But if I skip those... incredible. But it's not X&Y. It's just a Coldplay playlist you made.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'm pretty certain the implication is that the tracks they would skip would be few if they were going to buy an album and listen to it.

We are picking fights over nothing. The guy said front to back save a couple of songs. No need to bash people over the head because they're definition is slightly different. Besides, everyone listens to music in different ways. Respect it.