Which new songs will be perfomed live?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lordblood, Jul 17, 2014.

lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

Other than the three we've already heard (Wastelands, UIG, and GATS), which songs do you guys think will be performed from THP? I think it will be War, Rebellion, and Final Masquerade. The don't really have space to play any more than that, and while I would love it if they played Mark the Graves or All for Nothing I don't think those are their standout commercial success from the album. To me, Keys to the Kingdom is only a playable song if they get rid of Given Up, since both have a lot of Chester screaming. I don't think they want to strain Chester's voice that much, and I think it would be commercial suicide to take out a song as popular as Given Up. In addition, I think A Line in the Sand is too long to fit within a set without eating into time for other songs.

What do you guys think? You can also open it up to non-THP songs as well. I would love to hear In My Remains, it is one of my favorite songs that never got as much playtime as it deserves. Same with Skin to Bone.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Personally, I don't think they'll play any more than the three they're already doing.

lordblood

I worry that this may be true, the Living Things cycle in particular had very few songs that were performed. However, I think I remember Mike/Chester saying they would love to play War in this tour cycle in an interview.

franktaiwan

franktaiwan Active Member

Keys to the Kingdom, All For Nothing, Final Masquerade

Aden

Aden Well-Known Member

I dunno about Rebellion, considering that had Daron Malikan playing on it and may be hard to duplicate. But Final Masquerade is a shoo-in, and I can see War being great live. Maybe another song too...

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Final Masquerade and War (possibly with The Summoning). I see them trying Keys to the Kingdom too...and I see it not being very good.

M&M

M&M Banned

I think Final Masquerade has a very good chance of being played. I also think maybe Rebellion and A Line In The Sand as well, because the band has specifically mentioned them being ''fan favorites'' and that they would be fun to play. Chester has said that all of the songs are fun to play live, so it makes me think that maybe Linkin Park have tried them all out in rehearsal at one point or another. Keys To The Kingdom might get a shot of being played, same as War.

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

Since Final Masquerade is even getting a Music Video they should play the song live. Is still a single,right ? (Yes,I'm looking at you,Powerless). I'd love to hear Rebellion and A Line In The Sand live.

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

i doubt they will play anything else, but i hope they do. they can play at least FM without any problem, so its possible

Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think (and hope) Final Masquerade will be played. Maybe Rebellion, but the guitars would be a problem..

lordblood

I don't see the argument in this, despite many people saying it. The guitars in Rebellion are really loud and powerful, but rather easy to play. I am practicing the song right now and can play it without any real problem, and I'm not a good guitarist in any sense.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

I think that if they do ever play Rebellion it will be at a show in Los Angeles and Daron will join them on stage. That's the only way I see it happening.

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

"and I think it would be commercial suicide to take out a song as popular as Given Up."

Given up isn't even popular though? :bradwink:

BIBBLE

BIBBLE Well-Known Member

In a interview Phoneix said "Me and Mike were Talking about it what songs we wanna play from the new album on the upcoming tour and were just like i wanna play rebellion, i wanna play keys to the kingdom, i wanna play a line in the sand just going through almost every song cuz they would all be fun to play"... he said something like that.

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

War, Keys To The Kingdom, A Line In The Sand, All For Nothing, also swap UIG with FM.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

FM for sure. That's the only one I see happening for sure. At least, it's the only one I see being really good. Idk if Mike can pull off Rebellion live, or AFN since I assume he would sing the chorus there, Chester can pull off Keys to the Kingdom, A line in the Sand is too long. War is possible.

NimaLP

NimaLP LP Persian Soldier

Keys To The Kingdom
    Guilty All The Same
    Wastelands
    Rebellion (I hope they play it in encore)
    Final Masquerade
    A Line In The Sand (I hope they play it as the last song)
    War (only in Non-Festival sets)
    All For Nothing (only in Non-Festival sets)

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

I hope they add like atleast 4 new songs but they can throw out Until It's gone for awhile if they want to even though it sounds so good live!!! But I would prefer like every other song fron THP on the next setlist than Until It's Gone

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Realistically? Maybe 3-4. I would LOVE for them to perform everything off of THP (minus All for Nothing)

SwirKH

SwirKH milly

Mike just tweeted that they're gonna add two more songs from THP to the setlists for Carnivores Tour.