LP7 / How will THP affect the band's future?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Jun 24, 2014.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What worries be about The Hunting Party is the band's new attitude. How will it affect what they do next? They can't complain about rock music being too soft, release a heavy record, and then go back to softness themselves. Therefore, have they thrown themselves in a box? Are they stuck? How is this going to work out? I guess they can keep on experimenting while keeping up the heaviness, but that still leaves them pigeonholed in heaviness. :obama:

Post away.

Mario007

Mario007 Well-Known Member

Linkin Park prior to a release of a new album says a lot of things which they forget very quickly afterwards. Remember when LP was a quick firecracker record that they wanted to make because they needed some quick and energetic songs to play live? Yeah, we got the least amount of tracks from an album performed live during that cycle.

Honestly, one thing I do hope they'll take from THP is that they are NOT 18 year olds anymore, they don't need to use "fuck" in every rap verse and that they still need a producer to guide them. Oh and I'd love an LP style folk record. The folk inspired songs on LT were awesome

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

One thing's for sure, they'll make music according to what they're fired up about at the time, age may very well influence the next album too. The themes in their newer songs are much more mature then say Hybrid Theory or Meteora, and they're getting better at making more complex and technical rhythms.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

LP are probably one of those bands that drop the least f-bombs in their tracks when some aggressiveness ensues. Not to mention that when they do it actually adds to the song, gives more oomph and emotional impact, rather than force it in their or include it just for the sake of it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I concur.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

They used "fuck" like twice in all of THP

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yeah, they have like two songs on an album that use fuck and meteora and HT were devoid of it. Didn't the band say in an interview that they felt that there are better ways to express themselves?

I think LP7 might be late. They've released 3 albums within the last 4 years. I think they might take a break.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

fucking hope not :lol:

i really like the softer side of the band, some of their best work comes from that kind of area. there is no shame is being 'soft', emotional, etc. fuck just being a straight "rock band". the reason they're still doing music nowadays is because they went off record.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Do you people listen to music with your parents if you're bothered so much by swearing?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Living Things would peformed more than half if i remember right.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

FINALLY!!! I'm waiting someone to open up this kind of topic since the release of THP.

I don't know what could be the direction for LP7 but the band might definitely want to continue this kind of sound. The Hunting Party was the answer for all we are asking for so long for them to make a guitar-driven record.. and it's a DREAM COME TRUE!! The organic elements of the record actually stands out & they proved they can produced a record without Rubin... I hope they will continue to produced their own material. They don't need a producer anymore.. They are LEGENDS!!

Maybe if they want to decide to take a break for a LP7, maybe it's time for Mike to make FM2, if that's the case.

leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

They have played every song from their first four albums in at least some form. Hence, Living Things has had the smallest amount of songs played from it compared to any previous record.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I really hope LP7 will be unexpected while having as much rock influences they used in THP.

They performed Lost in the Echo, In My Remains, Burn It Down, Lies Greed Misery, Castle of Glass, Victimized and Tinfoil. Skin to Bone's remix was performed by Mike in his rap solo and Until It Breaks' first verse was part of Waiting for the End. 7/12 LT songs performed, 9/12 if you include STB and UIB.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well , what i want to say is that these songs they played from Living Things was something like a firecracker. The second half wouldnt fit as Firecracker, i think you see what i mean. But yeah , the other albums was performed in most of the whole way somehow.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

I think the Hunting Party was a very good direction for the band to head towards because of the way they recorded music. One of my favorite songs off Living Things was Lost in the Echo but it always left me wanting more raw sounds from the band. If Lost in the Echo had been recorded with actual drums as opposed to electronic, I think it could have been better. Also, I wanted more songs off Living Things to be guitar driven so the Hunting Party satisfied me in that way.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

LP 7

Ok. I know people are going to be like,"It's too early to talk about the seventh album. The 6th one just came out broooo." Frankly, I don't care. What would you like to see from the next Linkin Park album? Another headbanger? ATS-esque Electonics? What do you want? Personally, my dream album would be a soft/beautiful album with acoustic guitar, piano, and soft electronic guitar. I want songs along the lines of Roads Untravelled, The Messenger, and Shadow of the Day. Stuff like that. Also, I think it's time for Chester to stop screaming. We all know he can scream now. It's unnecessary now. All it does is strain/damage his voice, and it's already in bad shape. Now, I think it's time for him to tone it down a little and showcase what his voice can really be. Those are just my opinions. What are yours?

limonpower

limonpower Well-Known Member

I think it'd be really cool to hear some more songs with Mike and/or Brad singing!

Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

I'd love to see something they had never done something shocking some strange sounds in breif i want ats2

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I want FM2... I hope they take a break first before doing LP7... find more inspiration for the album. A rock ballad album would be fine. Let Phoenix shines on the next record please? not just on bass but let him contribute some string element on LP7.

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I think we either need a ATS style 2, or a "Mall" type of album.

ATS 2 is needed IMO. ATS never really ended, it was just The catalyst then The Messenger is just random (although beautiful.) they could added a little bit of electronic from what they have learned, but mixed with THP rock. Who knows.

"The Mall" soundtrack is so beautiful, expecially the third song. Those lyrics are so beautiful on the third song, probably there best ever. This would make a great album to let mike and Brad shine while Chester can lay back some and STP a little more. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Other than that, I'd be kinda disappointed if they went with a THP direction again and made the same songs.

Any electronic direction that has no influence of ATS or "MALL" would be terrible.