"I showed them Linkin Park and..." Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Abel, Jun 21, 2014.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I am always playing LP when I'm home, so my parents are very familiar with them. My dad likes When They Come For Me, Castle of Glass and Final Masquerade... but hates Crawling.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

So you're introducing Linkin Park to people who bought a deluxe version of their least popular album?

WHAT WORLD IS THIS?! In my world, they know Numb and A Light That Never Comes.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

One of my exs hated Linkin Park and when Burn It Down first came out, I'd blast it in the car just to piss her off hahaha.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I used to play people A Thousand Suns without telling them who the band was and they would always be really into it.

And one time in high school I was reading Mike's blog, and a friend of mine went into a bit of a phase of reading stuff Mike wrote because of his funny anecdotes. I miss his blog posts.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

OK, just remembered something back in middle school. So one day during 8th grade, my English class gathered up with another English class and we both went into the library to watch a slideshow of the memories of our 8th grade year (I was only in, like, 1 or 2 pictures while the popular kids were in about 50 pictures or throughout the whole thing lol). They played some random music that was popular back then--I think Soulja Boy and Shop Boyz were still big at this time--and everybody LOVED it despite how much I HATED it. Then suddenly "Shadow of the Day" came on and I became the happiest guy in the room while my classmates were either just blanking out or looking at all the pictures.

That happiness went away when one of the popular kids made a remark along the lines of "Who the hell is this? This song is stupid, man. Play some *insert rap artist* here!" His friend agreed with him and I think a couple of kids around him just laughed, since he was also the class clown. I was super pissed at him throughout that whole day because of that little remark.

Nowadays, I see him and that little memory was all I could think about. But it's just something laughable now. So really, my middle school showed my class LP and one of the most popular kids hated it. 8th grade sucked. :lol:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, too bad he doesn't post as much.