E3 2014

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by RazorEye, Jun 9, 2014.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

[​IMG]

You've already got the deal. It's the biggest event on the entertainment calendar! 4 days of non-stop pure awesomeness, where the year ahead in gaming will flash before our very own eyes!
    This year's E3 will be the first since Sony and Microsoft unleashed their new consoles last November, and will definitely see the eighth generation of video gaming burst into a glorious life.
    With the first wave of Triple A titles and Indie groups looking to cash in as soon as possible with the PS4 and Xbox One and Nintendo's slow but steady climb back to prominence with the Wii U, E3 2014 will surely be eventful as always.

Games to look out for at this year's E3 include arguably the most anticipated game of the year, the new Super Smash Bros. on Wii U and it's 3DS counterpart, which will be showcased on the show floor in it's full glory, complete with a tournament competed by some well known "Smashers" such as DJNintendo and LiquidKDJ! Bungie will be once again strutting their stuff, showcasing even more of their highly-anticipated Destiny. Sledgehammer Games will be selling themselves at the show as the new Call of Duty developers, showcasing their ambitious debut entry, Advanced Warfare. The Alpha Centuari and Civilization crossover Sid Meier fans have been waiting for will be making it's mark as Civilization: Beyond Earth and DICE will be on the prowl again with Vicerial Games with a police-themed entry in the Battlefield franchise, Battlefield Hardline, and will also be unleashing the highly-demanded sequel to Mirror's Edge! Hideo Kojima will undoubtedly showcasing the eagerly-awaited fifth main entry in the Metal Gear Solid series, The Phantom Pain. Crytek's stab at the world of Homefront, Homefront: The Revolution will make a splash, along with Bioware's Frostbite experiment with the Dragon Age series, Dragon Age: Inquisition. Insomniac's colourful Xbox platform debut with Sunset Overdrive and 343's mystical continuation of the Reclaimer Trilogy, Halo 5: Guardians, will certainly make heads turn as well, along with a largely rumored Halo 2 remake. There are bound to be many surprises at this year's E3 as well, with many games that have yet to be announced, making their grand debuts at E3, such as the new Legend of Zelda for Wii U and the Nintendo's mysterious secret 90-minute press conference for an unannounced 3DS title during the show.

Press conferences:
    Xbox Global Media Brefing June 9, 9:30am Pacific Time (Gamespot, IGN)
    Electronic Arts June 9, 12:00pm Pacific Time (Gamespot, IGN)
    Ubisoft June 9, 3:00pm Pacific Time (Gamespot, IGN)
    Sony June 9, 6:00pm Pacific Time (Gamespot, IGN)
    Nintendo Digital Event June 10, 9:30am Pacific Time (e3.nintendo.com, Gamespot)​

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    hybridsun00

hybridsun00 LPA VIP LPA VIP

Im going to try and keep up with my phone while at work tomorrow. Its gonna be amazing !!!

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

hybridsun00

hybridsun00 LPA VIP LPA VIP

Ahh man Zelda : )

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Hype building

[video=youtube;zHqVi6eKTMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHqVi6eKTMI[/video]

[video=youtube;4emjJoos1bU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4emjJoos1bU[/video]

[video=youtube;_CSkJYEZkaU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CSkJYEZkaU[/video]
    (thanks YouTube for the shitty quality)

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Halo overload!

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

[video=youtube;qcR-mEbo9QA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcR-mEbo9QA[/video]

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP I CAME.

OH. MY. GOD. Was that trailer for The Master Chief Collection an actual in game recreation of that scene from Halo 2?!!!!?! It looked fucking AMAZING!!!

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I think it actually hinted towards Guardians. You can clearly hear the Arbiter explaining what it takes to find Master Chief to that new character found on the artwork released earlier. I think his name is Agent Locke(?), couldn't exactly tell what he said.

I saw Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and I instantly got excited. I am for sure buying Alpha Sapphire. I loved Emerald and the Hoenn region was probably my favorite.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Yes, I noticed that it was Halo 5, when the fanboy in me had calmed down, and realized that. But it's obvious that what the new character was viewing was a recreation of this classic Halo 2 scene. It just excited the hell out of me.

[video=youtube;A_HxlekWWN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_HxlekWWN0[/video]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/e3-14-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-trailer/#comments

According to the official PlayStation blog Uncharted 4 is 1080p and targetting 60fps. And those graphics were in engine. An interesting factoid. Naughty Dog have never used CGI in a trailer, so you can believe them when they say that it's in engine.

This game, with those graphics and framerate... amazing.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    snailharvest

snailharvest nice

okay this years E3 has finally helped me make the decision to get an xbox one, jesus christ

(and if that nintendo "leaked" thing is real, fucking hell yes)

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I hope they send me a code for the Destiny alpha. The thought that I could play it THIS THURSDAY is amazing.

MKH

Atta boy!

I dunno what else I've really missed that I'm pumped for - Halo, yes, The Division, yes, Tomb Raider, yes.

GTA V for Xbox One? Meh, maybe...

What else is there?

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

crackdown, far cry 4, sunset overdrive !

(sunset overdrive looks CRAZY good)

also, im not bothered about AC:U at all, assassin's creed needs a break :/

MKH

That looks AWESOME, meh, and yesss - been pumped for Sunset Overdrive since last E3. Insomniac does some good shit.

Fuck AC :lol:

Also, though not an exclusive or anything, Arkham Knight :wub:

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

yeah man, arkham knight looks great

most of the non-exclusives also look pretty good, but fucking hell im pumped for the master chief collection, it's gonna be so good

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

You don't want that pile of shit :kappa: Shots fired!

MKH

:samuel:

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Can't wait for GTAV Next-Gen

Look at this difference:

image.jpg
    I'm a pretty big GTAV fan.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    Tim