"The Hunting Party" Full Review - LPAssociation/AltWire

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not that I heard (the scream)

And yeah, War's solo is better than GATS.

Rebellion is in the middle, leaning towards more experimental. As for ALITS, it is "epic" but one of the guitar riffs is basically GATS' solo in a slightly different key :lol:

2. BurningTheCatalyst

BurningTheCatalyst Member

Derek, Is it too early to get the whole album from best to worst in your opinion?

3. Derek

Worst track: UIG (I can't even believe how much my opinion of that track has changed since I heard the album :lol:)
    Best: Fucking difficult as fuck.

4. BurningTheCatalyst

Yeah i've gone off it a bit haha, I just can't wait until it leaks! And obviously i'm going to buy the cd as well :) been an lp fan for about 7 years

5. crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  6. turtleguy556

turtleguy556 Well-Known Member

I really don't understand how this comes out in a week in Europe and not a single person has a copy to throw online for a leak. Not a single band on earth locks their stuff down as hard. :(

7. Derek

I'm proud of them actually. It's tough to keep things from leaking in this day and age and they're doing an amazing job.

8. BurningTheCatalyst

I really hope this albums leaks within a few days

9. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

At least you've heard it already :alf:

10. jdanek630

jdanek630 Well-Known Member

Derek: thanks for all of your feedback and input on the album thus far, it's very much appreciated from someone who visits this forum for insight and exclusive info. I personally love UIG, not for its lyrics obviously, but for its overall sound (dig the synths over guitar...) and Chester's vox - particularly on the chorus and outro of the song. Did your opinion of the track change because of its sound relative to the rest of the album? Or just because it no longer has a positive impact on you?

11. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

Eminem's MMLP2 was leaked like 3 days before it's release so it's possible to keep a lid on it for quite a while it would seem.

12. Derek

Yes. It along with Wastelands, just doesn't seem to fit 100%. It's old school LP in the midst of a new sound.

13. MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

That's good to hear, seems the band was sure of themselves when they said they are now quite comfortable with the experimenting process after they made LT.

I'm glad they went in this direction, not because I liked their older stuff but because I noticed there was a lack of energetic tracks in their past two albums and it's good that the band was fired up about making a hard rock record.

I hope they continue to experiment after this, and make something really different like ATS (not that I want another ATS but I would like to see them create a record with a completely different sound characteristic only of LP).

14. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that Rebellion has more views than Wastelands on youtube? 956,006 in 3 days v 786,132 in 5 days. That's good, cause Rebellion is the better song, by far, in my opinion.

15. leftshoe18

leftshoe18 Well-Known Member

Also probably getting some views from hungry SOAD fans.

16. shadowofthehabit92

shadowofthehabit92 Well-Known Member

First of all, Derek, thank you for all you do. Your reviews, along with everyone else's, is very insightful. I have a lot of hope for this album. I like most of the material the guys have put out, but I know that not all feel the same. It's good to see many of the fans who have heard the album say positive things about it. While I have a good balance of interest in hard/softer music, I favor harder/mid-tempo music more. I am very happy that this is a more upbeat and intense album. I'm also happy to hear that there is some experimental material because ATS is my second favorite album. It is great as a whole. Also very pleased they are going back to instrument-driven music and am even happier that people have said Brad and Rob have improved greatly. Rebellion has really got me excited. I love the music, the lyrics, and both Mike and Chester's singing in it Overall, a very impressive track.

17. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Eeeh I agree about quality, but remember a lot of people had Wastelands up on a few different accounts before/at the same time LPs official video was up, whereas Rebellion was really just the one video being posted over and over.

18. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

These both be true

19. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Posts like this upset me greatly. Ya'll really can't wait 10 days?

20. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

no