[AUDIO] "Rebellion" Premieres on Zane Lowe - BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jun 3, 2014.

1. lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

I really like the song, but am I the only one a bit worried about Joe just doing nothing during concerts with many songs in THP? haha. I might be exaggerating but I do want to feel Joe excited and happy to perform like when he did the solo in this year's Rock In Rio. Being a lot more raw and Mike taking over many electronic sounds/effects it seems like Joe will son just scratch for With You at the Download festival and some other songs and that's it XD

2. lparmy

lparmy A party-hunted user.

I get you..

3. Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Joe's work is quite abundant on Hybrid Theory o.o So I'm not sure what you are talking about...

4. lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Not to mention he now has that kickass solo which I hope they will carry into the Carnivores tour.

5. Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

This is incredible :) this song has some kind of cool flow, remembers me of when I hear for the first time sum 41 lol but heavier :p

AWESOME

6. darmart123

darmart123 Member

Why people don't like Wasteland's, it's an amazing track, one of the best chorus of last album's.

7. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Those who don't like the track (because "too classic" and everybody know "Classic LP" is the worst thing ever...) tend to make more noise that those who do like it.

I really enjoy Wastelands, personnaly :)

8. IMP757

IMP757 Well-Known Member

The mix on the lyric video seems to have been fixed, sounds even better now.

9. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What a damned shame.

10. Nimz Lp

Nimz Lp niimz94

Source ?

11. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Well, I finally got through all the pages and am very pleased to see such an overwhelmingly positive reception to Rebellion. I firmly decided after Wastelands that I will not listen to any more songs until the album is out. I did receive my download for Rebellion for pre-ordering THP but have not listened to it. I hope I can hold out until the 17th or so and be absolutely blown away.

Something that's not clear to me is what some have been saying about the song's overall message/theme. What type of people is the song actually addressing in first-world countries? I'm getting an impression that the song may be targeting the ultra-wealthy who still complain about small things despite being well-off. I'd be really surprised if this song is actually targeting those in the middle or working classes.

12. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but i don't think this song has a specific target.

13. outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

finally good lyrics

14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Honestly I don't want to dive too much into this because it might be considered off topic. But, I think it's not necessarily the rich. Even the middle class of 1st world countries often complain. There are countries out there were families don't even have electricity, or dot have enough water or food to provide for their family. Often don't even have a suitable living condition. Yet you have people in first world countries (especially America from first hand experience) that complain about things even when they are better off than a lot of other countries. Sure they might not have the most but they still have something. Most of these people complaining have people who care about them, water to drink, food to eat, a place to live, and clothes to wear. A lot of countries don't have that. People here complain about: "oh he didn't text me today", "oh this food tastes nasty" (I'm guilty here), "oh so and so hates me", "oh my iPhone 5S screen just broke, how will I live????", "oh my parents don't buy me the coolest new clothes." Those may be extreme examples but they happen. I had slmething else I was going to say but I forgot. But I think you will get the point.

EDIT: I remembered what I was going to say. Society has become greedy. Because of technology we want everything and we want everything now. This world as a whole has seem to lost patience. It makes no sense to me because I am a very patient person but I also see how it happen. The huge advancements in technology make certain things easy to get instantly and therefore we always want everything instantly because why not? We also have so much new technology that we want it and we want it all. We just want the latest and greatest thing. There are countries who do not have this opportunity yet will sit here and complain about not having the newest IPhone?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  15. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Blake that was briliantly put.

Yeah and I can relate much to that message from BOTH sides actually, because I kind of roll my eyes at some annoying brats who go like "FML" yet I'm here like taking baths with a half bucket of water because nothing would come out of the shower or having to wait 40 mins to flush the WC for a second time, paper toilet is pretty much gone and deodorants among many other basic items are missing from shelves. I am an Engineer and my wages are 170$ a month.. But at the same time, even in my disbelief and I even feel lucky to have things like internet, mobile phone, decent clothes when other places are way much worse than mine. Puts you very into perspective.

Sometimes lyrics of a song can be shallow or simple, but if they reach the right person, it can become more than just that. Rebellion is fucking awesome.

16. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

America in a nutshell. Yet there are entitled shits everywhere, who believe their life "sucks."

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  17. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

I think the song came out 1 day early. It should have come out today, which is the 25th anniversary of the Tiananmen Square massacre. Apart from the obvious SOAD song about the massacre, the lyrics are rather appropriate for the event. In that context, the lyrics are a reminderl to people not living in a distressed political environment about the atrocities that can happen when the government steps too far...

The SOAD song is also cool too, the picture of "tankman" might be one of the most iconic photographs of the 20th century.
    [video=youtube;fZF2fbICwSg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZF2fbICwSg[/video]

18. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Unfortunately on iTunes itself, it's now #8 on the list. Well, that dropped quick.

2jNhFu1.png

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yeah I saw that! Still doing better than the other 3 songs so far though!

20. merrillmind

merrillmind Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014