[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

No reason to worry guys :)
    so far 1 of 3 songs have screaming.

TurtleGuy has confirmed that 5-6 songs have screaming. If it is 6, thats 6/10 songs with vocals which is quite a lot.

TurtleGuy also said about KTTK: "Imagine the structure of Wastelands, except instead of the poppy Wastelands chorus it's Chester screaming all he has got for the choruses. Also, it's just a heavier song in general."

When asked compared to QWERTY (live version): "Yes, it's on that level. For. Every. Chorus."

When asked in comparison to Victimized: "Let's say heavy with a purpose. Victimized always felt like a mini heavy "idea"."

So no need to fear, this album will have plently of screaming :)

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

To be honest I've never been that impressed or bothered with LP's music videos so the lack of them ain't exactly a loss.

3. Blake

Yeah, I actually agree. Lately their vidoes have been pretty bad. If they would get someone to actually produce one other than Joe it might turn out good. But Joe just doesnt cut it....

4. Rippin on That

I Don't even think it's because of Joe. Music videos have never interested me and it's been a very long time since I've seen one worth talking about, not just LP but any music act.

5. nroc

nroc Member

Maybe the movie THE MALL is a MV for the whole album. I mean maybe...

6. Blake

I definitely agree! I played it back to back last night and thought it fit great. Lots of people were complaining about how Until It's Gone doesn't fit with everything else we have gotten so far, but I knew it would fit well within the entire album and it sounds like it will!

7. Rippin on That

Honesty that's an idea I can get behind. Pink floyd have done it as well as Nightwish and they were both interesting efforts. If LP could make a movie with the Hunting party artwork as inspiration it could be an interesting experiment.

8. Blake

This is one complaint I personally don't understand. Yeah, it is nice to see them do things they have never done before, but just because a song is like something they have done before, doesn't mean it's not good.

IMO, sometimes songs like this are wonderful because it is just a fun, listenable track. That's why LP is one of my favorite bands. They may not be the most advance in their song writing but they make fun songs that are really great to listen to.

is the quality better on this one?

Its ok. No harm, no foul. I didn't take offense to anything said in this thread.

But thanks for this response

9. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I cant see why people just want so much scream on an album :shrug:, i really dont need something like this. (Its ok for me if there is some scream, not more)

On the one hand, people discuss about how Chesters voice changed over the years. On the other hand, people want Chester scream as hell.
    IMO, its a normal process that Chester try to reduce the time of screams in the albums. He doesnt get younger and so his voice too. And so his Live Performance changed, not to the bad, but i think, CHester try the best to save his voice somehow. Just an opinion.

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

11. Blake

Apparently Adam said they want people to spread links everywhere

12. Jesse

It was a joke, brah.

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The band leaked the track. It's different than an unauthorized leak. So no, no self infraction. :p

14. Jesse

What'd I say? :p

15. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Most people take for granted whenever an LP song comes out that "sounds the same" however they should be thankful that the band at least has a recognizable identity. I don't know how many major bands in recent years have been struggling with identity crises, which in turn leave their fan bases in shambles. I for one am glad Linkin Park knows what they do best and continue to excel and evolve at that.

16. SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

Yeah but i want this time nore than 3 songs with sreaming :/

17. Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I think it's official to say that this album will be good!

Wastelands put my hype up from a 5/10 to a 10/10

18. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm enjoying the fuck out of this song.

19. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

How many times do people have to point out to you that there will be 5/6 songs on the album featuring screaming? Pretty sure Turtleguy confirmed it. And considering Hybrid Theory has 5 or arguably 6 songs on the album with screaming this should more than suffice.

20. Blake

10/10 post!

I can definitely agree with this. Some bands do have identity crisis' but with LP you can tell they know what they want to do and they are good at it. Who cares if this song has the structure of ones they have done before? that doesn't make it any less good. People should appreciate that LP is doing LP :)

Yup, it has been confirmed by TurtleGuy.

So far we have one of those songs (the scream at the end of UIG), so that leaves 4-5 more which is plenty! The album doesnt need an overload of screaming in all honesty. You don't want to scream just because you can. If so, then it often just becomes a mess if you are doing something just to do it. You scream because you feel it makes the song go to the next level and helps improve the song writing and structure of the song.