[AUDIO] Linkin Park - "Wastelands" Full Leak + Official Lyric Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, May 31, 2014.

1. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Once people let it sink it (I usually have the ability to let the hype die down for me after a 2nd or 3rd listen) it sounds pretty standard for a LP song. Sounds like something off of ATS with a little harder guitars. I think I prefer UIG slightly more. I honestly just don't care for GATS other than some of the guitar work in the middle and near the end. However song is still pretty boss and I'm looking forward to the entire album. Lyrically, it's better than the other 2 songs.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Sorry ._.
    I really like Wastelands, even if the chorus is "too" similar to GATS
    But Overall its a very Song and for me its getting better with every listen
    Since i heard the live version i always expect the screams in the bridge and then they dont come haha :)
    They could have added something to the bridge though
    Still a 10/10 for me same as GATS

3. lordblood

lordblood Radiance of a Thousand Suns

The only thing the chorus' share is the same number of syllables. Add to that the sing-songey style of Wastelands and you have people singing GATS in the Wastelands chorus. I mean I see why people say it but ehh...
    I'm starting to think that Chester improv'd the screams in the bridge or something, because he didn't scream in the bridge at RiR.

4. morfeo

morfeo Active Member

About GATS: two shows, two messed up intros. Band should be working on that at rehearsals.
    Wastelands will be a single with music video imo, no explicit lyrics, melodic chorus, it fits.

5. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I hope so. Wastelands would be a great single, and what's more, it's just a good SONG in general. It has lyrical simplicity in the chorus, sure, but it's not as simple as UIG was, the title's namesake lyric being a little cliché. In my opinion it'd be a better pick than UIG in general, though I still like UIG. Maybe Wastelands seems too aggressive for the mainstream pop scene, though, so I can see why they'd pick UIG over it. Until It's Gone is more... Cruisey, I guess? It's agressive, but it has a softer edge to it.

6. morfeo

morfeo Active Member

Actually, UIG has only lyric video, propably nothing more will be done for that song. Wastelands are not too aggresive for pop/"rock for masses" scene (I've heard GATS on the polish radio once). It's something that MTV Rocks surely could play.

7. Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

I doubt there will be any music videos for this album cycle. We've already got three songs released now and not a word about an MV in production. This whole cycle, from the lack of puzzles to the lack of music videos, seems to be a no-nonsense, to-the-point approach.

8. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Maybe too aggressive was the wrong descriptor here. A better fit for the mood and jive of today's pop radio scene would be a better descriptor for Until It's Gone v Wastelands as a "main" single. If that makes sense.

9. morfeo

morfeo Active Member

Agreed, cliché verses as they're in UIG, are radio-friendly. It's something that masses would assimilate fast, they're sticking in mind for a long time since they have been heard.

10. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

As exemplified by the whole Project Spark thing!

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Mike's verses are cool, the groovy beat is nice, Chester sounds good, but it's still the same old classic LP formula though, nothing new there. Overall, a pretty fun song. I like it more than GATS, but that's not saying much considering I don't really like that song at all. I still think UIG is the best of what I heard so far on THP.

12. Lotus

Lotus LPA VIP LPA VIP

So, just listened to it. The thing is that I like Mike's rap more live (has more energy to it), but I like the instrumental of the studio version a lot better. So that basically means that I need a mix of the studio version with Mike's live vocals, then it would be perfect ;) Overall great song though!

13. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

10% luck.
    20% skill.
    15% concentrated power of will.
    5% pleasure.
    50% Blake.
    And 100% reason to remember his name.

14. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Okay so I liked GATS, UIG grew on me quickly. Wastelands however, this will sum up my views

[video=youtube;SEbgy2LM5Ms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEbgy2LM5Ms[/video]

Actually i'll edit this just to explain why I didn't like it -

I felt this track was still "Linkin Park-ified" but didn't know it. That old sound the band had that was overly formulaic and hard to listen back to now? I think it's creeping back in here. Don't get me wrong it's not poppy trash, but it just doesn't have that cutting aggression I was expecting from all the hype. It didn't inspire the 16 year old in me, that kid would have been wanting a bit more. The track has some punky attitude to it no doubt and the rapping parts are great, but the chorus is cheesy. Chester's vocals on this one are just delivered in the wrong way, i'd prefer them more on the aggressive side than melodic with this track. And I don't mean screaming at the top of his lungs! There's a hundred different ways he could deliver them I just felt it was too cheesy on this one.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  15. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

Good song. This is not far off the similar sound that made me the big fan that I am of this band and they are bringing out that 16 year old self in me again. I'm already enjoying these songs more than anything off LT, so it's a step in the right direction for me.

16. morfeo

morfeo Active Member

They ought to involve Tom Morello around the bridge in Wastelands instead of Drawbar. His solo would fit perfectly.

17. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

CANT WAIT AFTER READING ALL THIS. DAMN :lol:

I wont spoiler myself, 2 songs are enough, i have to be strong. But i think i will like it :)

18. marcleo

marcleo Active Member

I don't know if any of you guys noticed that there was a kind of an explosion sound in the extended version which is not in this one.

I kind of liked that sound in the extended version because it felt more epic! But none the less another awesome track! Cant wait for THP!

19. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

A sound just for the UFC promo.

20. Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

Those were just sound effects used in the video.