Linkin Park: "The Hunting Party" Track-By-Track Preview of the Six Song Sampler

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Don't y'all think if that 5-second clip was from The Hunting Party that Warner would have been all over it like flies on shit and after this site for allowing it to be spread around?

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

^^ We almost got sued for a potato quality rip of Burn It Down where you couldn't even tell it was even a song. I'm pretty sure if it was real it would've been made very clear by now.

3. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

[/QUOTE]I think my review made that very clear :lol:. Honestly, it sounds fantastic but I believe the biggest jolts come from the "wow this is a Linkin Park song?" moments. Those pleasant little surprises where the band ventures into territory they haven't totally explored in the past and comes out sounding like a new and different band. Those were the moments that pleased me the most, and that's only after hearing half the album. I can't even imagine what comes next.[/QUOTE]

That's very exciting to hear that LP will be exploring new territories musically! Interesting how they don't sound like themselves at times throughout the album. This should show true progression and evolution in their sound, meaning their sound will be less familiar or predictable. Is that right?

4. Derek

I mean there's standard fare Linkin Park in there (Until It's Gone) but there were also a few tracks I heard which we're awesome surprises.

5. BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Hey Derek,

Was just wondering, what was the most surprising element you heard on the sampler? anything that made you go 'wow, what!?!'.

6. Derek

Probably KTTK and AFN as a whole. They're just neat songs :).

7. Rebel Traj

Rebel Traj Well-Known Member

well, now we know that 'Until It's Gone' isn't about 'Chester looks back woefully in regret at a failed relationship, singing "I thought I kept you safe and sound, I thought I made you strong, but something made me realize, that I was wrong." ' It's from parent to child according to Mike's twitter. A child will only grow into it's full potential after leaving the nest 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone'. :)

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That's just one possible interpretation. :sleep: