Chester and Mike Discuss "The Hunting Party" - Part 2

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, May 22, 2014.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Runaway is a better song than Until it's gone

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

ALL OF THIS!

I love the lyrics of UIG and the overall atmosphere of the song. It really is a great peace of work! If they released a whole album like this, I would be pleased!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

While I do think UIG is not a weak song, it's not a spectacular song. It's pretty decent at best. It's catchy but in a very intentional way which wears off sooner or later. Then again, if this song was released years ago, it would have done so much better on the charts than it did right now and people would be praising the song so much.

I, personally, think GATS lyrics were great. It goes well with the song and you don't want a poem in every song.
    GATS was straight-to-the-face music-wise and lyric-wise.
    In my eyes, lyrics for GATS were supposed to be straight forward. I honestly cannot imagine GATS with less than straight foward lyrics.

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Who doesnt mike let chester say something? xD

Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

Okay, so clearly you've missed the entire boat on his verse if you're calling it shitty...His whole verse is awesome. He is speaking the truth about corporate america and how companies don't care about people but just making money. The whole verse essentially is about this. And its great because its true! He felt it through record companies, mike felt it in what Rock is today and the direction its going, and we all feel this everyday at our work. Always feeling like we are being taken advantage of and the companiese we work for don't care about us at all, only their profits and keeping them up. And if you don't agree with this or his verse, then you haven't felt it yet, but you will...in time.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

They sure love hyping this album. it is hard to believe the hype after until it's gone though.

Also sounds like Mike loves the sound of his own voice. Has he ever came off so pretentious in interviews since this THP album cycle? I honestly can't remember.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I hear there might even be more than one individual track, and the music that contains real lyrics and melodies works on mp3/cd players as well.

If that is true, you can not even imagine the technological achievement that'll be made. It's Revolutionary. It's #visceral!

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Jeez, I am very unsatisfied with what is going on in the comments after every video. We don't even know when they recorded that stuff so it might have been around the time we first heard about all the statements that are stated in the videos.

Not my favorite album circle by far regarding the hypetrain between us fans. The train will hopefully be right on track again after the next 2 weeks, love it when the majority is in a positive pre album mood :D

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I really love the gang vocals :shrug: and imo is the best ballade from Linkin Park with SOAD. but just my 2 cents^^

To the interview, are these my english skills or did Mike tell the same other and other and again :confused:

And if they can write thousands of "Iridescent"s , they should and send them to me!!! I love this song! :-o

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I agree.
    I mean LT didn't get half as much hate before it came out, and it had MUCH worse tracks out before the release(BID, LGM)
    Actually people loved LT right when it came out and then slowly people realized that it was too full of firecrackers. The first half of the songs felt kind of generic and got boring after a while.
    Even some of the better songs got boring quickly(Castle of Glass, Until It breaks, Powerless) but it had a much more positive vibe around it :D

tonymadridista7

tonymadridista7 Member

hey isnt the listening party of the full album takes place tomoro?

outcastboy

outcastboy Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips?

you got it wrong, his verse is great. what i said is that once it gets to it, you realise how bad the rest of the lyrics are. rakim verse attack an specific target, and while the rest dont go anywhere, its just vague.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I just see it happening. Everyone will hate this album.

Artorious87

Artorious87 How do you like them apples?

Yes sir!

We will wait and see what the people from the Listening Party have to say before everyone else...Something tells me their minds will be blown away! :shinado:

Vic

Vic No game no life

This so much. Chill out folks.

Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

I won't. Argument debunked.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

At least people won't be able to use the "Warner argument" anymore, seeing the non-radio-friendly nature of the record and the fact it was self-produced. Haters will have to deal with the fact THP will sound exactly the way the band wanted it to be. They'll have to deal with the fact the band was on a heavy-punk-trash music thing this time around, and with the fact that they damn like it.

And they'll have top deal with the fact that the band definitely didn't played it safe thise time. See for example Rob, who has several times claimed that this record forced him to push his limits as a drummer. Or Mike, who said the band would have been afraid to produce an album like this 6 or 7 years ago.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I agree with you! Ive been positive this whole album cycle even after UIG (but I have an abnormal love for UIG). Its nice when other people are happy along with me! Im so stocked for this album! Will probably be best LP album yet!

HYPE HYPE CHOO CHOO

This comment is spot on! People will always find a way to hate, but they cant blame the label! This album will blow our minds IMO

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note, listening party on Friday, Concert on Saturday! We should get new news and maybe even a new song or two debuted at the show! Lets go! :clap:

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Mercedes AMG

Mercedes AMG Vrooom vroooom!!

Doesn't this happen every album cycle? I haven't been around since the creation of this site but I've seen people hate the video of LITE, the BIT remixes, ALTNC, RECHARGED, etc. But at the end of the day, everyone enjoys their work...because it's LP!
    Right now, I don't have any problems with THP at all. Everything is going great and I believe I will really enjoy the album once it's out.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I won't. ^_^